[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy bike cpmputer >too stupid to install it myself >will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 696_img2[1].jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
696_img2[1].jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>buy bike cpmputer
>too stupid to install it myself
>will probably have to take it to a bike shop who will charge more than the computer cost to install it

Sigh.
>>
File: handlebars.jpg (278 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
handlebars.jpg
278 KB, 800x600
>>978326
What's the problem? Can't route the wires correctly? Can't get the sensor and magnet close enough to each other?

I fucking hate dealing with the finicky ass things
>>
>>978328
I have a cateye and what drove me nuts was the engrish instructions that gave confusing and slightly wrong directions

It took me about 40 minutes of fucking around before I figured out the exact sequence of press-and-hold, double-press, and taps to set it up.

Needless to say I found it entirely by accident, so when the battery dies it's going to be another wasted 40 minutes

The sensors were the easy part, other than breaking the first set of zip ties trying to get it to fit at just the right tension on my tapered fork
>>
>>978330
>>978328

What I'm having a problem with is actually setting it up. I don't understand where to attach the sensor to, or where to put the wire when it's down on the fork, like do I put it over the top of the brake mechanism?
>>
>>978332
Cateye mounting instructions are generally aimed at one kind of bike and in some cases those directions are completely wrong for many other kinds of bikes

Where to mount the sensor and where to mount the magnet are basically the same question. You want them to be close enough for the sensor to work, and preferably the magnet should be far enough from the axle that it can give a good reading at fairly low speeds (but this is probably the least important factor compared to just finding a good spot in general)

Try posting a picture of your front fork
>>
jesus guys its a cateye, a 10 yr old could probably figure out how to install this.
>>
The most difficult part of this was pulling the fucking zip ties tight enough. Fucking cunt things
>>
>>978326
>2016:
>Having to route wires around your bike
LOL why would you do that?
>Get Ant+ compatible handlebar comp
>Get Garmin Ant+ wireless speed sensor (pic related)
>Mounts on the *hub* of either wheel in literally 2 seconds
>Pair hub with comp
>Profit!
>>
>>978403
>why would you do that?
$vs$$$
>>
File: wiedlin_jane2.jpg (128 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
wiedlin_jane2.jpg
128 KB, 399x600
>>978407
>not having an ANT+ power meter on your $1000 25 pound steel commuting bike
It's like you don't even love mindless consumerism
>>
>>978409
I only have one on my training commuter, but for my actual commuter I needed to shave weight. I am down to 25lbs from 27
>>
How are people this retarded? Do you know what YouTube or Google is?
>>
>>978403

These things are fucking neat, and honestly a pretty elegant and simple solution, I can't fucking believe the markup on them though, probably the single biggest instance of price-gouging in the cycling industry, which is really saying something.

I mean, they're literally ten times simpler and cheaper to produce than a traditional bike computer, yet cost nearly ten times as much as a whole wired bike computer bundle? come on.
>>
>>978409

https://www.amazon.com/Bryton-Rider-100-Cycling-Computer/dp/B018WNDVK2

No elevation data, but its not like a piece of shit cateye is going to give you that either.

Boom, GPS computer for 65, no need for bullshit sensors. Put mountain hardware on all your bikes, clip it in and go.
>>
>>978445
>GPS computer
No thanks, I prefer to actually know how fast I'm going, not how fast the GPS is slewing when it got confused because I went between some buildings or I had a wall of rock on one side of me.
>>
File: eClGsgZ.jpg (67 KB, 381x447) Image search: [Google]
eClGsgZ.jpg
67 KB, 381x447
>>978449

>being this pleb
>>
>>978450
>it's more expensive therefore it's better
If I made a sensor computer with a couple of grams of platinum embedded in it, would you buy it? Or only if it's programmed to randomly fuck up the speed reading for fun?
>>
>>978452

Hey man, don't get mad I'm richer than you, and therefore whiter than you.

Should probably work harder or you'll always stay poor and mad
>>
>>978454
You don't actually ride bikes, do you
>>
>>978450
>>978454
are you stupid or something?
>>
>>978407
>>978443
>poorfags
Well then enjoy your cheap Chinese shit tech and wires all over your bike.

Besides don't most of you have N+1 bikes?
>2016
>Having to buy a handlebar computer for EVERY BIKE YOU OWN because you buy cheap Chinese shit electronics
>not buying 1 decent Ant+ setup and easily transferring it from bike to bike in *seconds*
It's like you want to throw your money away or something.
>>
>>978454
>brings race into a bicycle discussion
/pol/ go back to your cage or we'll send the snipers after you next.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.