[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So there there like an infographic or chart on /n/ for buying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: yes please.gif (144 KB, 699x393) Image search: [Google]
yes please.gif
144 KB, 699x393
So there there like an infographic or chart on /n/ for buying new or used road bikes?
>>
>>973522
New:
>Are you poor? Then buy a used bike
>Are you not poor? Then Pinarello Dogma
Used:
>Are you poor? Then a used crackly cracking crabbon bike in the wrong size and a mismatched wheelset, used crabbon is definitely a good idea, you can post in the not poor threads and casually mention your dura ace (7700 but no one has to know that) and how you're so much better than steelisreal
>Are you not poor? Then buy a Pinarello Dogma
>>
>>973522
Nah, it's called lurk moar.
>>
Nope you're gonna have to educate yourself
>>
I'm with OP on this
there's no need to have a bunch of pretty much cyclical bike buying advice threads while most boards where there's need for beginners advice do have a sticky of a wiki.
If /fa/, /fit/, /k/, /g/, /v/, /lit/ or even /x/ to just name a few can put forward a list of some reasonable do's and don'ts I don't see why the many brilliant minds of /n/ could not do this.
And just stickying link to sheldon won't do it either.
>>
>>973565
Fuck off trainfag, the 2 generals are enough of a concession

Give a foamer an inch and they'll take everything, I swear to god

Just for you I'm going to make another bike thread today
>>
>>973569
nice projection m8 but I also visit /n/ for the bicycles
it's just that some basics and entry level advice should always be there so we don't have to inevitably answer the same questions over and over again
>>
It's just not that simple.
>>
File: 1974_10.jpg (197 KB, 1016x648) Image search: [Google]
1974_10.jpg
197 KB, 1016x648
>>973565
>>973522

>>973569
Before I saw this i was gonna say the opposite. An /n/ sticky about some used bike buying basics like a quick rundown on different kind of bikes, groupset hierarchy, tells for bike quality and methods for how to test used bikes condition does make sense. Wouldn't that be offensive to the others who inhabit this place though? Kind of like pissing on /n/ to claim out territory. /n/ is charming and idiosyncratic because it isn't simply /n/- bicycles, and wouldn't a permanently top billing bicycles thread be a massive fuck off to all the other people who discuss stuff here?

Hybrids are gay, 10 speeds are too old now, indexed downtube shifter era is the sweet spot for value, single pivot brakes suck, clincher tires should be expensive, 28c is sluggish, brooks are not memes, pros don't normally ride with gloves and neither should you, lyca isn't gay, 2 bottle cages, ebikes are gay, draft strangers, front brake 90%, high cadence.

I don't think we could reach a consensus.
>>
>>973577
well maybe we don't need some universal consensus as much as just separating facts from opinions
>>
File: flawed chart.png (75 KB, 1600x1226) Image search: [Google]
flawed chart.png
75 KB, 1600x1226
There's this but it's flawed as fuck. I'm planning to make a better version at some point.
>>
File: procrastin.jpg (22 KB, 462x401) Image search: [Google]
procrastin.jpg
22 KB, 462x401
>>973619
>>
>>973577
>Hybrids are gay
No they're not
>10 speeds are too old now
No they're not
>indexed downtube shifter era is the sweet spot for value
No, friction downtube shifters is
>single pivot brakes suck
I don't give a fuck
>clincher tires should be expensive
They should cost whatever the free market puts them at
>28c is sluggish
I agree
>brooks are not memes
Yes they are, they are absolutely shit-tier
>pros don't normally ride with gloves and neither should you
Yes I should
>lyca isn't gay
Agreed
>2 bottle cages
For bikes only used on very short rides (<50 miles) yes, for bikes used on fairly short rides (50-80 miles) 3 cages, for bikes used on medium rides (80-150 miles) 4 cages, for bikes used on long rides (150+ miles) 4-5+ cages
>ebikes are gay
Extremely
>draft strangers
Only cute girls
>front brake 90%
Road/gravel, matter of preference. Mountain, fuck no.
>high cadence.
No

Fuck you.

>>973590
The above is fact.
>>
>>973623
Foamer level of autism.
>>
>>973636
So being right makes someone autistic?
>>
>>973638
No, but believing your subjective opinions are "right" does.
>>
>>973638
No, feeling compelled to systematically dissect a post while providing a commentary track, because you missed the fucking point makes you autistic.
>>
>>973651
But the things I posted are facts, not opinions.
>>973652
I didn't miss the point, but I nevertheless felt compelled to point out the many flaws in that post.
>>
>>973656
1/10
made me reply
>>
>>973666
Thanks for acknowledging my post Satan.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.