[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has cycling gone too far? Does this surpass the recumbent and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /n/ - Transportation

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Just.jpg (542 KB, 2000x1353) Image search: [Google]
Just.jpg
542 KB, 2000x1353
Has cycling gone too far? Does this surpass the recumbent and the Fliz in regards to usefulness, retardedness or Fredness? Is this the new Segway for those who prefer to stand AND want to tone the legs at the same time?

I was enjoying my morning commute when this dude basically dressed like pic related and on pic related, blew through a stop sign in front of me and made a left like his elliptical-having ass was being chased by the police. Never seeing this before, I nearly strained my neck watching this guy pump into the distance as fast as he could 'run'.

The fuck is going on here? Will these catch on? Have you ridden one?
>>
That person is not cycling and that thing is not a bike
>tfw work at LBS and have to work on one of those pieces of absolute shit
>comes in for hub overhaul
>overhaul the hub
>comes back the next day cause the faggot wants a derailleur adjustment even though the derailleur isn't in need of adjustment
>adjust the derailleur anyway, very very slightly to perfection, even though it wasn't necessary
I hope that faggot doesn't bring that piece of shit back. I work at a bike shop, not an exercise toy shop.
>>
A group of people did the 1200 km PBP on them last year, there are some videos on youtube.
>>
>>966114
Probably took them a month. Is that that event in England?
>>
>>966113
>That person is not cycling and that thing is not a bike
two wheels
human powered

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
>>
These are old as shit, no, they won't catch on.
>>
>>966118
>if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck
Then what? Finish your sentence you faggot. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck-like object. And clearly not a duck, since you said 'it', not 'he' or 'she'.
>>966119
This.
>>
>>966120
then its a fucking duck you moron
what are you, simple?
>>
>>966119
How long have these things been around?
>>
>>966121
No, it's a duck-like object you absolute fucking moron. And this thread is about eliptifucks, not ducks.
>>
>>966118
It's a goose
>>
>>966123
and you can have the biggest case of chapped ass anyone ever had over a mechanical device

still wouldnt change the fact its a bicycle
>>
>>966125
IT'S NOT A FUCKING BICYCLE
FUCK YOU
IF I DUCT TAPE TWO UNICYCLES TOGETHER IS THAT A FUCKING BICYCLE?
>>
>>966123
>>966125
What's the definition of a bicycle?
>>
>>966130
A thing with two wheels and crankarms and pedals and handlebar that people ride
Why the fuck are you on a Japanese cycling forum if you don't know what a bicycle is?
>>
>>966110
There are at least two people around my area that have these damned things. All I have to say about them, is: WHY???

Ellipticals will fuck up your walking/running stride. It's not a natural movement. You can't adjust that thing to customize it to your normal, natural stride length, nor can you adjust it for how much you lift your foot.

The center of gravity of that thing is way too damned high, and the wheels are too small. It can't possibly be safe to use. It's an accident waiting to happen. If you had to stop quick or evade for any reason (like a motor vehicle) you're DEAD.

It's got to weigh at least as much as a trike if not more. You're not climbing hills on that thing. You'd have an easier time climbing hills on a fixie.

The two people I've seen that have these? If I saw them wearing an aero helmet, I'd literally point and laugh, it would be that rediculous.

I have to assume that anyone who buys one of these just isn't very smart.
>>
>>966134
It's closer to a scooter than it is any kind of bicycle.

The only advantage I can see in owning one of those, is you could leave it anywhere for any length of time without locking it up, because nobody would want to steal it.
>>
>>966137
/thread
>>
>>966110
AERO
E
R
O
>>
>>966134
Easy m8, I'm only looking for clarification to your argument. I'm not the anon who riled you up, earlier.

Since we're talking to each other, and you're being smarmy, perhaps you should leave for a while and come back, since you clearly don't know what a bicycle is.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/bicycle

"A vehicle composed of two wheels held in a frame one behind the other, propelled by pedals and steered with handlebars attached to the front wheel."
>>
Need an aerosuit for these things. Like a sonic costume for maybe a shark fin.
>>
>>966134
this forum is about as japanese as white kids saying "so kawai"
>>
>>966141
That's almost exactly what I said. The dictionary left out the crankarm part even though they are necessary for the pedals. And I didn't mention that the wheels are held together by a frame or that one is in front of the other because it's obvious as fuck. Faggot.
>>
>>966110
i don't see the benfit of having one of these over a standard eliptical if that is your preferred workout method

it adds the increased danger of getting t-boned by a SUV

at the expense of looking like a complete fuck tard
>>
>>966148
>shifting the goal post

No pedals, no bicycle.
>>
>>966110
>fixie fags
What will they fuck up next?
>>
>>966113
I thought you were full of shit, but they came out with non-IGH models. intredasting

>>966136
My dad got one because a motorbike accident many years ago fucked up his knee, and that leg can't do shit on a bike- even with different length cranks.

Apprently it enables him to work out both legs quite well.

It's 18 kg, the thing is long and low. Don't think stopping is a problem.
>>
>>966202
Don't put different sized cranks. If you put a smaller crank on the bad knee you'll need more torque to turn it. Try using risers on the bad leg.

Ideally with a bad knee an asymmetric crank might help, though unless you know a good machinist your SOL.
>>
File: 1434966053233.png (495 KB, 800x602) Image search: [Google]
1434966053233.png
495 KB, 800x602
>>966110
>Air attack helm
>Full body is fighting the wind

kek

Is this like the recumbent but way in the other direction.
>>
>>966212
The bad leg can't articulate properly, would that actually help?

Either way he has the elliptigo now and is mostly happy with it.

The old Peugot he used to have got sold years ago :(
>>
>>966136
There's an old guy in my area who rides one, I assume he's dealing with some kind of arthritis or other medical issue. He's out when it's cold, when it's rainy, etc. I respect that. Unlike you casuals who ride your crabbon nashbar bikes on weekends when it's 72 degrees and sunny so you can yell at pedestrians
>>
>>966118
Do those qualify as pedals?
>>
File: mem.png (20 KB, 634x516) Image search: [Google]
mem.png
20 KB, 634x516
Why can't you just let people have fun? Are you that autistic that you think others need your social approval?
>>
File: n (2).jpg (144 KB, 412x350) Image search: [Google]
n (2).jpg
144 KB, 412x350
>>966254
do you know where you are
>>
>>966254
do you even 35km/h an average on a hi-ten steel roadbike?
>>
If the thing in OP's pic is a more efficient human-powered means of transportation than a bicycle, I'm into it.
>>
>>966254
Why are you even on 4chan if you're not hating on things? Oh, for the epic mehmehs I suppose.
>>
File: haha.jpg (1 MB, 2288x2784) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
1 MB, 2288x2784
>>966254
>Why can't you just let people have fun?
>>
>>966129
Yes.
>>
>>966129
oh man what a fucking autist

get help
>>
>>966123
>S-YUM-MER
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.