>>946750 Im glad to finally hear someone say this. The reason that airplanes are made to be fast is that people who buy planes only look at the planes speed and range. The result is that planes are designed with high speed air foils and high wing loadings with small engines so that they have high stall speeds and will stall easily if not flown properly. This is in contrast to WW1 bi-planes which can be flown very slowly at high AoA without danger of stalling. Yes its possible to design planes that are very safe to fly, but no... Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
Does anyone else here use Uber? First time using uber today. Entered in the addresses right but the starting address changed after I finalized request address. Figure it is a display issue and he got my original address so I sat my phone down and waited. After the estimated wait time I looked at my phone, nope he was parked a block over. I panicked and cancelled. After he drove all that way. Feelsguiltyman
My bike's front wheel was stolen. Can anyone help me find a fitting rim? I have no idea if any rim will fit, because the tires are very thin. My bike is a 28" Fuji Declaration (pic related). Already tried searching for the rim's brand, but didn't find anything useful. On the tire it says "28-622", if that helps. Would be awesome if anyone could help. Thanks.
I have to drive 16 km per day to school. Since i am saving bus money(very expensive here, 50€ a month) . But in Winter i usually cant drive because it is too cold and if i wear winter clothes i sweat very much. Can anyone recommend me good winter clothes? Maybe summer aswell, since morning is cold and midday hot as hell sometimes. Has anyone got experience with this, then share with me please.
>>952365 If you're not a hambeast, your ass doesn't touch the seat where the pockets are, broseph.
Even so, maybe I wanna pop my smart phone off my handlebars and pop it in my pocket while I go do something real quick. These shorts are made for two people 1) Faggot who's too concerned about what other people think to wear spandex 2) People who ride more than a 'casual' distance, but still need to do shit occasionally, like commuters
If you're the second, the ass pockets will come in handy
Hi, im newb to cycling (i previously rode some bmx) and i want to begin in to this sport riding roads and some medium/light forest paths. I'm rather low on budget but i got this post-rental bike for free. It's some taiwan frame, cheapest components. It has bent rear wheel, the wheel itself has quite some play unless i squeeze it so that it rotates very very poorly. fork bearings have some play too. Front brakes work good, rear brakes would work too if not for the bent wheel. Alll seat, pedals and handle bars suck for me. Gearing works but its really... Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
There's a lot of questions to answer here, I'm sure they'll be covered, but here are my thoughts:
1. I like the frame. You can do a lot with it. font/rear racks, fenders. It has mounts for all of these. If anything, keep the frame around in case you become bike obsessed later on.
2. A rear wheel for this bike can be had for about $75 new, probably less used. But you'll need special tools to transfer the rear cassette onto the new wheel, and there is a risk of buying the wrong one. A used bike shop might be the best place to go and get one. Or, way better, a bike co-op. They'll probably have a wheel for you, and teach you how to replace it.
3. The loose headset bearings (the fork) concern me. The headset can be easily tightened with an adjustable wrench. There might be damage to the headset bearings by now. Try tightening it (enough to remove play but not so tight the bars are hard to move).
4. You can switch the stem to make this bike more comfortable. A longer stem will set you back $15. You need a QUILL stem, probably around 100mm, with less rise. The clamp area must be 25.4 --- standard old MTB bar size. 26.0 is for road. Those require a shim to be safe.
5. Your fit issues may be due to your saddle position. Make it level to the ground and give it a try before messing with stem.
5(b). Try lowering the stem all the way. You can loosen it with the hex nut at the top of it (the one above the fork). This will push the handlebars out further from your body, because as you can see the stem sits at an angle. The lower it goes, the farther out the bars go
6. The bike looks like it's in okay condition. If it only needs a new wheel, personally, I'd try to save it. A bike co-op would help you will all of this, probably for $50 total.
7. Those breaks are tough to get working properly (cantilever). They are a tough thing to work with but a good learning experience if you want one.
>>952882 Your bike sucks, doesn't fit you and you're looking at $100-150 in parts and a weekend to get it to working condition. Buy a used bike for the same money in your size, and you'll have a much better ride. Spend $300 on a used bike and bring a knowledgeable friend, and you'll enter an entirely different dimension of cycling fun.
>>951635 they'll charge you to install stuff that you buy elsewhere as opposed to freely (or cheaply) installing stuff that you buy from them. this is standard practice for an LBS. what you shouldn't do, however, is ask them for advice and then go and buy something elsewhere. sometimes they'll be understanding, like if it's from a brand they can't stock, but it's definitely bad manners and will make them less likely to help you out in the future.
>>947924 >2016: >Not riding a bike, and a scooter, and a motorcycle, and having a four-wheeled motor vehicle to drive, and still sometimes riding a bus, flying in a plane, taking a ride on a train How can you post on a 'transportation' board unless you do all the above? Nice way to be a fucking casual, OP.
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.