[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top Five Albums >Another Side of Bob Dylan >Highway 61
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (306 KB, 738x490) Image search: [Google]
file.png
306 KB, 738x490
Top Five Albums
>Another Side of Bob Dylan
>Highway 61 Revisited
>Blonde on Blonde
>Blood on the Tracks
>"Love and Theft"

Top Five Tracks
>My Back Pages
>One of Us Most Know (Sooner or Later)
>Idiot Wind
>Brownsville Girl
>Standing in the Doorway

Bottom Five Albums
>Dylan 1973
>Saved
>Empire Burlesque
>Knocked Out Loaded
>Christmas in the Heart
>>
>>60382613
2 much eyeliner
>>
>>60382613
>>Christmas in the Heart
This is the funnest Dylan album after Highway 61 Revisited and gets too much shit.
>>
File: BD - TBTC.png (116 KB, 352x308) Image search: [Google]
BD - TBTC.png
116 KB, 352x308
Top Five Albums
>The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
>Highway 61 Revisited
>Blonde on Blonde
>Blood on the Tracks
>The Bootleg Series Vol. 11: The Basement Tapes Complete

Top Five Tracks
Boots of Spanish Leather
I'm Not There
Stuck Inside of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
Nettie Moore
Shelter From The Storm

Bottom Five Albums
Bob Dylan ('62)
Dylan ('73)
Knocked Out Loaded
Under The Red Sky
Empire Burlesque

Adding
Top 3 Favorite Era's
1) late-career renaissance
2) "cutting edge" era
3) rolling thunder revue travelling circus
>>
>>60382862
I found a sealed copy of the single at goodwill once for $1 and sold it on ebay for $60
>>
>>60383053
Where is Bringing It All Back Home?
>>
>>60383469
Just short of the top five. Side Two isn't as good as you remember.
>>
Anyone else slowly making their way through the bootleg volume 12 collectors edition? I started off with the Blonde on Blonde section first
>>
>>60383505
I'm a Dylan fan and all but I don't think I could listen to 18 discs of alternate rehearsal takes of songs. That's a bit overwhelming.
>>
>>60383505
I wish they focused on Blood on the Tracks or the Christian era instead of another rehash of the mid 60s desu. Maybe even one of the better late career concerts.
>>
>>60383711
It's gonna take a while but I'm having fun listening to it every night before bed. It's cool seeing how the songs change from take to take. It's also interesting seeing the first takes of songs. Especially since we can hear the failed Hawks versions of the tracks that Bob wasn't happy with before he went to Nashville. It's cool hearing Bob looking for that "thin wild mercury" sound, saying "No man, that's not right. That's not the sound".
>>
>>60383490
Lol side 2 is way better than side 1
>>
>>60383829
On the Road Again is one of the few songs on any album I'd legitimaly call filler.
>>
>>60382613
It's always nice to see Another Side get some love, such a good album
>>
>>60383849
that's not even on side 2 dumbass
>>
>>60384109
Which is why Side 2 is better. Learn to read.
>>
where does Nashville Skyline fit in, I love it
>>
>>60384326
Nashville Skyline and Self-Portrait are really cool. I think they get a bad rep.
>>
>>60384326
Another Side Portrait came out two years ago, check that out.
>>
>>60384447
Wait... what?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.