[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this poo-meme album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: amoonshapedpoo.jpg (349 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
amoonshapedpoo.jpg
349 KB, 600x600
Why do people like this poo-meme album?
>>
Because it's p good
I think it's really well produced and the lyrics are good. I also think the melodies are kind of lacking and it sounds samey.
Probably like a 8-8.5/10 and their 5-6th best release
>>
>>64745075
>I think it's really well produced and the lyrics are good
it's literally an album about poo

fuck poodiohead
>>
It seems there's a time in every white, male, middle class, suburban millennial's life where we, usually around the age of 13, fall in love with Radiohead. It's a perfectly natural reaction. Their melodramatic, angst-ridden screeds against vague ideas of corporate evil and heads of state fit perfectly into our newly minted interests in things we can hardly begin to understand. But you don't need to understand much to fully appreciate being holed up in your bedroom listening to Let Down on blast on our iPod alarm clock radio while thinking about your crush in Algebra who looked at you for a full 2 seconds that day. For their part, Radiohead has done well in transitioning these 13 y/os with burgeoning interests in music to transition to less juvenile acts. They've aped Talking Heads, Sonic Youth, Can, etc and thusly led their teenage fans down that road. Fast forward to their latest, 'A Moon Shaped Pool'. Radiohead seem to have given up on appropriating genuinely interesting music in favor of rehashing what sounds like a mishmash of Coldplay's greatest hits. For any well-learned, well-listened educated person the fact that the album is bad is not surprising. Radiohead have never produced a genuinely good album in their careers. But, still, they served a valuable purpose in the lives of music fans by leading them to greener pastures. With their ninth record instead they give them the finger and point to A.M.-radio-Superbowl-halftime-life-insurance-commercial ""rock"" music. Rock in scare quotes because as much as they still retain their love for guitars and drums and bass this is the most flaccid sound ever produced from an ostensibly uproarious art form. I mean, Steely Dan managed to make tepid rock music sound nice by combining it with white-people-jazz and a supreme ear for melody but I can't say anything as redeeming for this heap Radiohead has put out. It's mid-tempo background music for 50 minutes.
>>
File: 5075521769_52fc2cf075_o.jpg (836 KB, 3072x2044) Image search: [Google]
5075521769_52fc2cf075_o.jpg
836 KB, 3072x2044
>>64744922

I almost don't want to call this music. 'Music' has the import of art. This sounds like computer-generated sound for playing in department stores meant to keep young shoplifters out of the store by boring them to tears.
>>
>>64745418
dang

true tho, radiohead wishes isn't half the band steely dan is
>>
Why are Radiohead so dreary?
>>
i like it. it's old guy music... and i'm old
>>
>>64745075
>the melodies are kind of lacking
>8-8.5/10
How does this work? Melodies are everything.
>>
>poo album

Stop this meme
>>
File: highimpacyt.png (95 KB, 534x664) Image search: [Google]
highimpacyt.png
95 KB, 534x664
>>64745418
yes
>>
File: plens.jpg (12 KB, 193x261) Image search: [Google]
plens.jpg
12 KB, 193x261
>>64745589
>Melodies are everything.
>>
>>64745750
Do you care about lyrics and production? I don't desu.
>>
>>64745418
you always find the funniest shit on metacritic
>>
>>64745875
By chance are you a musician?
>>
>>64746099
I just play piano and guitar.
>>
>>64745075
>and their 5-6th best release
kek
literally better than anything else besides Kid A
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.