[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Great review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: radiohead[1].jpg (69 KB, 1080x867) Image search: [Google]
radiohead[1].jpg
69 KB, 1080x867
boulez
May 9, 2016
It seems there's a time in every white, male, middle class, suburban millennial's life where we, usually around the age of 13, fall in love with Radiohead. It's a perfectly natural reaction. Their melodramatic, angst-ridden screeds against vague ideas of corporate evil and heads of state fit perfectly into our newly minted interests in things we can hardly begin to understand. But you don't need to understand much to fully appreciate being holed up in your bedroom listening to Let Down on blast on our iPod alarm clock radio while thinking about your crush in Algebra who looked at you for a full 2 seconds that day. For their part, Radiohead has done well in transitioning these 13 y/os with burgeoning interests in music to transition to less juvenile acts. They've aped Talking Heads, Sonic Youth, Can, etc and thusly led their teenage fans down that road. Fast forward to their latest, 'A Moon Shaped Pool'. Radiohead seem to have given up on appropriating genuinely interesting music in favor of rehashing what sounds like a mishmash of Coldplay's greatest hits. For any well-learned, well-listened educated person the fact that the album is bad is not surprising. Radiohead have never produced a genuinely good album in their careers.

(continued...)
>>
>>64732913
But, still, they served a valuable purpose in the lives of music fans by leading them to greener pastures. With their ninth record instead they give them the finger and point to A.M.-radio-Superbowl-halftime-life-insurance-commercial ""rock"" music. Rock in scare quotes because as much as they still retain their love for guitars and drums and bass this is the most flaccid sound ever produced from an ostensibly uproarious art form. I mean, Steely Dan managed to make tepid rock music sound nice by combining it with white-people-jazz and a supreme ear for melody but I can't say anything as redeeming for this heap Radiohead has put out. It's mid-tempo background music for 50 minutes. I almost don't want to call this music. 'Music' has the import of art. This sounds like computer-generated sound for playing in department stores meant to keep young shoplifters out of the store by boring them to tears.
>>
>dat racebaiting

Sage
>>
only a white person would alienate black people by saying they're weird for liking radiohead in the pursuit of criticizing white people
>>
>>64732990
>saying they're weird for liking radiohead
they didnt say that
>>
>>64732913
>>64732926
oh /mu/

you just can't let yourself enjoy anything, can you?
>>
>>64733037
the review is solid. Eat it, you radiohead lover.
>>
>>64733066
>sincerely comparing this to Coldplay
>"solid"

wew lad
>>
>>64733111
>Quite possible the most redundant and obvious form of trolling on this board and still replying

wew lad
>>
based boulez btfoing redditeurs from the grave
>>
>>64733136
so this is just a troll topic then

l8r m8
>>
>>64732913
>>64732926
>Reddithead BTFO
>>
File: 1459221848928.gif (688 KB, 286x310) Image search: [Google]
1459221848928.gif
688 KB, 286x310
>thought this was about Pierre Boulez
>>
>>64733136
It's not trolling. Your reddit is showing. How old are you? 18? 19 perhaps?
>>
Spot on tbqh
>>
GOOOOOOOES TO SHOW YOU WHAT A MOON CAN DO
>>
File: ooh.jpg (53 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ooh.jpg
53 KB, 700x700
>>64732926
roasted
>>
>>64732913
This is amazing
>>
9.3 Kendrick Lamar To Pimp A Butterfly
9.1 D'Angelo And The Vanguard Black Messiah
8.9 Frank Ocean Channel Orange
8.8 Anaïs Mitchell Hadestown
8.8 Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Despite being 13% of the population, blacks have made the best 5 records of the decade. What's your excuse white cucks?
>>
>>64734115
>Anaïs Mitchell
Think you'll find she's white m80
>>
>>64732913
>>64732926
can't tell if bait or not. either way here is your (you) OP
>>
>>64734450
care to point why you think it's bait?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.