[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the difference between Techno House Garage Breaks Trance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Its all gone.jpg (27 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
Its all gone.jpg
27 KB, 312x312
Whats the difference between

Techno
House
Garage
Breaks
Trance
>>
Nothing, there are all the same f a m
>>
>breaks
>thinking that is a genre

lol, murricans
>>
>>60314831
Breakbeat as a term refers to one of two distinct things. [...] Since the rise of electronic music it can now also refer to the electronic music genre "Breakbeat" (2), characterized, simply put, as a genre of around 140bpm with a kick drum on 1st and 3rd beats, and a snare on the 2nd and 4th beats in a 4/4 beat pattern.

>Derivative forms
Jungle or drum and bass, 2-step garage, 4-beat, breakbeat hardcore

>Subgenres
Acid breaks, big beat, breakcore, broken beat, nu-funk, nu skool breaks, progressive breaks

>Fusion genres
Breakstep, breakbeat hardcore, trip hop
>>
>>60314975
>okay.jpg
>>
>>60314975
>Since the rise of electronic music it can now also refer to the electronic music genre "Breakbeat"

nah there was never a genre called breakbeat, sorry

>characterized, simply put, as a genre of around 140bpm with a kick drum on 1st and 3rd beats, and a snare on the 2nd and 4th beats in a 4/4 beat pattern.

but that's a description of a disco beat (or house beat), there are hardly any breakbeats with kicks on all 4 beats
>>
>>60315176
>there was never a genre called breakbeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymNFyxvIdaM
>>
>techno
different types really, but most common techno is usually simple synths to a fast 128bpm 4 step beat

>house
again, very varied, but early house is lots of synths and samples against a 125bpm beat, like techno

>garage
like house, but with more electronic synths and a slower beat (120bpm usually). lots of hi hats

>breaks
literally anything electronic related that isn't a 4 step based structure

>trance
fast 140-150bpm 4 step beat set to fast arpeggios and synths really

happy OP?
>>
>house
4/4 groovy dance music

>techno
4/4 boring ass dance music

>garage
chav shit, ignore

>breaks
any jungle in guy?

>trance
lol
>>
>>60315186
>pop rap with a slowed-down 2-step beat
ok pal, hope that was a troll
>>
>>60315257
lol, retard

Breaks is the genre; jungle, d&b, big beat, acid breaks, big beat, breakcore, broken beat, nu-funk, nu skool breaks, progressive breaks, lolicore, raggacore, breakbeat hardcore etc are the subgenres

Deal with it.
>>
>>60315312
they're not subgenres

anyway why does that list not include hip hop?
>>
>>60315312
DnB and raggacore are subgenres of jungle.
>>
>>60315323
They are and I never said that was definitive.

>>60315333
Which is a genre of breakbeat.
>>
>>60315333
Jungle is a subgenre of breakbeat hardcore.
>>
>>60315349
i bet you're american
>>
>>60314796
ಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠಠ_ಠ
>>
>>60315365
Nope
>>
>>60314831
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/breakbeat
>>
>>60314975
>muh 'ardcore continuum
fuck right off
>>
>>60315547
eugh, why is it all big beat
>>
>>60314975
You do realize that 'Ardcore is generally in 4/4 time, right?

>>60315187
Wow, you're wrong an all of them.
I didn't think that would even be possible.
>>
>>60315581
Nowhere does that say anything about Simon Reynolds dumb theories.

Hip hop started breakbeat, rave added techno to it, everything since has been a subgenre of it.
>>
>>60315583
idk, I don't moderate that site. They probably have email though, why don't you ask them?
>>
>>60315609
Its not the moderators fault, its the voters/userbase. Its a very rock based website.
>>
File: 1419631882040.jpg (9 KB, 218x184) Image search: [Google]
1419631882040.jpg
9 KB, 218x184
>>60314796
>Techno
Dance Music for autists
>House
Dance Music for fags
>Garage
Dance Music for kids
>Breaks
Dance music for patricians
>Trance
Dance music for simpletons
>>
File: Electronic_Music_Guide.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Electronic_Music_Guide.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2500
>>60314796
Try listening to it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.