[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started listening to this about a week ago, and i love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: freddie-gibbs-madlib-pinata.jpg (101 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
freddie-gibbs-madlib-pinata.jpg
101 KB, 700x700
I just started listening to this about a week ago, and i love it. Its been a really long time since ive felt in love with hip-hop, and i want more albums that give me this feeling.

Where do i go next?
Does gibbs have any other standout material?
What hip hop releases have you guys been hooked on?
I want to hear mus opinion
>>
File: quasimoto.jpg (41 KB, 465x450) Image search: [Google]
quasimoto.jpg
41 KB, 465x450
Have you already listened to Quasimoto - The Unseen?
>>
>>60295279
pinata is my fave rap album this decade. Gibb's has some decent projects but none as good as Pinata. Check out Undun by The Roots, The New Czarface album, and Below the Heavens by Blu. you might like those albums
>>
Where do i go next?

If you've not listened to madvillian that would be the obvious choice because of the madlib production. In terms of rappers, you'll be hard pressed to find one with a smoother flow than Freddie Gibbs but fortunately he has a new album coming out in two weeks.

Does gibbs have any other standout material?
The Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs is pretty good but the production isn't anywhere near Pinata.

What hip hop releases have you guys been hooked on?
Young Fathers- White Men are Black Men too is pretty fantastic.
Czarface has the best feature of the year in the MF Doom verse imo
>>
>>60295409
>>60295642
>>60295555
Yeah i used to be really into backpacker alt hip hop so everything in the doom/madlib circle was in heavy rotation for me once upon a time.

Ill check out the freddie mix tape and the other recs though, thanks boyos. I actually havent listened to young fathers OR czarface in full, so now i dont have an excuse.

Im pretty fucking psyched to hear hes dropping another album so soon, i hadnt heard anything about that so its a nice surprise
>>
>>60295765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DKepbAUAes
>>
File: IMD_003.jpg (247 KB, 772x778) Image search: [Google]
IMD_003.jpg
247 KB, 772x778
>>60295279
>Where do i go next?
You should listen to pic related,imo the pinnacle of Gangsta Rap.
>Does gibbs have any other standout material?
I'm not a fan of Gibbs,he has generic cloud rap production and horrible choruses.
>What hip hop releases have you guys been hooked on?
I've been jammin to Summertime '06.
>>
>>60295765
Here's the lead single if you somehow missed it.
It's grown on me. I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23O2U41p6cY
>>
>>60295279
His Pronto EP is pretty good
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU

best track desu
>>
>>60297971
>imo the pinnacle of Gangsta Rap.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.