[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people have problems with poptimism? We can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Why do so many people have problems with poptimism?

We can have 100x threads about Deff Gripes, Grimes, Lauren bullshit, and St. Vincent, but having a thread about pop fucks so many people up.

Anyway, recommend some good pop (non K-Pop).
>>
File: Laurenwebm.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Laurenwebm.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
lavren is love
lavren is life

topic-related:
NEOV - Dominique
Pearls - Pretend Youre Mine
Wolf Alice - My Love Is Cool
>>
this is not top 40 pop, it's like Music of Changes by John Cage. It's the fucking canvas of modern music. It's the musical zeitgeist. She's a philosopher, a deity being. Not a pop artist.

Her music should be played on schools, museums and art galleries. Not on iPods, smartphones and dumb streaming sites. Great knowledge students should be betaking her music to themself. Physics and theologists should agree and make a great convetion about the transcendence of this album. Not underaged kids and teenagers. Not the global mass population. Not even 'music lovers' should be degrading her music level to their ears. Not even the most pure FLAC archive should be cointaining one of her pure mastery notes. Not a single inch of ink should be degradating her grandious art of lyricism. We can't judge this "album" as a musical entity since it's done too much for human being than we can ever achive even if we join all our forces into one single grandious action. Sun will turn off. Earth will colide into several planets. This galaxy will burn into billions of suns. The whole universe will collapse and be born again and none of those moments can even reach the value this girl has achive with E·MO·TION.

What a great time to be alive.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDCCzvQuTPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ht9MyJLT4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7PVig8qyA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J294A-R1Cjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxFFJu7RVuk
>>
>>60291796
>Deff Gripes, Grimes, Lauren bullshit, and St. Vincent, but having a thread about pop

They are all pop.
>>
>>60291796

Abba - Gold

Donna Summer - On The Radio

Aqua - Aquarium
>>
Grimes is pop, though. Good pop, and not Top 40 pop, but pop nonetheless.
>>
>>60293896
her last album is pretty much bad top 40 pop, except for a few songs
>>
>>60293896
And Emotion is easily better than Art Angels
>>
>>60293896
>Grimes
>good

oh boy
>>
>>60295606
This
>>
>>60295606
this grimes is not good new meme
lame f.a.m
>>
>>60293896
>grimes
>not top 40 pop
>>
>>60292370
underrated post desu senpai
>>
>>60291796
Whatever these loser nerd dorx say EMOTION is an absolute fucking STOMPER
>>
>>60292387
I don't like how the songs segue into each other on that Donna Summer comp. I just want the songs by themselves on a greatest hits album.
I'd also want the full versions of all her songs, like I Feel Love and MacArthur Park, goddamnit.
>>
>>60292370
say what you want but death grips aren't pop.
>>
>>60298110
>say what you want but death grips aren't pop.
kek

I bet you think that industrial hip hop can't be pop either
>>
emotion is album of the year
>>
>>60291816
I ripped this as it was streaming btw, should I make some webms at some point?
>>
>>60298770
yeah, please be a merciful god
>>
>>60291816
why does she always look so vapid and uninterested?
>>
>>60292370

Do people really think they're not pop

Pop isn't just top 40 stuff you know, it's a huge genre

Generally if it's not classical or extremely avant-garde it's gonna be some kind of pop. Virtually all genres of Rock, Rap, EDM, are all forms of Pop Music.
>>
>>60298866
Tell me one record that sounds like Niggas on the Moon
>>
>>60298866
Pop just means vulgar music, popular music. It's not a define genre with a certain vision, just a sum up of anything that's easy to listen, mainstream
>>
>>60301002
>vulgar music
ok grandma now drink your pills and go sleep
>>
>>60299834
Niggy Tardust
>>
>>60291796
Well if you're unironically calling it poptimism then you're part of the problem
Too much shit has corny made up words nowadays.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.