[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here actually participated in a mosh or similar form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1424435696727.jpg (83 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
1424435696727.jpg
83 KB, 560x420
Has anyone here actually participated in a mosh or similar form of crowd chaos?
>>
i participated in the massive neckbeard buttfuck that was a Death Grips show, last year.
>>
>>64567054
Yeah when I was younger. The most recent being a death grips concert. I wasn't in it at first but I figured "fuck it, it's a death grips concert" and jumped right in. That pit was brutal. The heat was almost unbearable, the amount of bodies pushing and flying over me was dumbfounding, it was a lot of fun.

The other times I was at a kreator/overkill concert and fractured my foot
Another time was at a gojira / Devin Townsend concert where a left with a fractured hand

And then this one time in high school at a local show, I caught mono in the pit. It put me bedside for two weeks.

It was fun while it lasted. Not the mono.
>>
>>64567145
Ohh and I forgot, I also saw trash talk with Thomas Pridgen playing drums, that was the wildest pit for sure. The entire concert was a mosh pit. People were hanging off rafters and throwing themselves onto the crowd, just about everyone (including myself) was stage diving, I don't know how I left that pit without any injuries. But that was the most fun I had in a pit.
>>
File: IMG_1454.jpg (41 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.jpg
41 KB, 540x960
Yes many. The most memorable was when I saw Gojira with Slayer (my two favorite bands at the time). That's me in the pic crowd surfing.
>>
August Burns Red, back when I was into that sort of thing.
Got punched square in the face, busted my knee over some kid's head, general tomfoolery.
Good times.
>>
Babymetal's wall of death at their shows are literally the craziest shit going on right now.
>>
why did you say "actually participated" like it's a rare thing
i hardly go to any shows and i've been in plenty
>>
File: 1458770690784.jpg (3 KB, 117x126) Image search: [Google]
1458770690784.jpg
3 KB, 117x126
>>64567274
>Babymetal
>Literally metal for babies
>Headlining for Megadeth
>>
>>64567054
Y'all are weak. There needs to be a hardcore thread or a hardcore general. Every hardcore show is crazy. TUI, Xibalba, back track, rotting out, suburban scum, code orange. Black eyes broken bones and missing teeth everywhere.
But one time at a deafhaven show some kid was dragged out either dead or unconscious. Crazy shit
>>
>>64567294

cause this board is filled with pussies
>>
My band's kinda getting involved with the local hardcore scene(despite not being a hardcore band) so yeah. I don't do it often though cause I bruise like a peach.
>>
>>64567332
*nu-males
>>
>>64567054
Is that real?
>>
>>64567323
of course the deafheaven kid dies in a pit
>>
>>64567310
>metal for babies
all metal is for babies
>>
>>64567054
Yeah, down here it happens a lot with almost every band.
I was at this concert. for example, but people tend to be more agressive in the shows of local bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI
>>
>>64567457
>ambient wall noise echoes in the distance
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQZLfqWFXgI

I was in there with sandals on my feet.
It was fun.

I don't even like Papa Roach. :^)
>>
I use to love moshing in the old GWAR concerts when Oderus was still around, or the stupid high school shows where everyone was an idiot.
>>
>>64567101

there was no room to actually move, it was just sweat and hard to breath, i couldnt actually get hurt, only suffocate
>>
I don't think I have ever been to a show and not moshed or slammed for most of it. That shit is my therapy, I might have actually committed suicide when I was a teenager if it wasn't for shitty hardcore shows in basements
>>
>>64567332
Agreed, these people don't go to shows like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNoznhP8pg

which is a much more accurate example, when you have a crowd that goes to see bands where this activity is frequently seen.
>>
File: weee swanny.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
weee swanny.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odd8ZAKJZcA
I'm the long-haired faggot in the Ramones shirt crowd surfing a little way into the video.

Also, I went to see Frenzal Rhomb with Clowns a few weeks back. The guy from Clowns likes to stare into the eyes of someone on he front row while he sings a line, then launch off the stage at them and try to shove em back while they try to push him back on the stage. He did it to me, shit was cash.

(Obvious ausfag here)
>>
>>64567054
The best one I ever went to was a Pennyeise concert in Chicago

Shit was awesome. It was so fast paced, intense, brutal. When I got home I couldn't move for like a day. best show ever
>>
>>64568125
I'll be honest I'd probably be too pussy to actually fuck around in the pit like that but it would be cool to witness it as a band member out of harm's way.
>>
>>64567054
>Has anyone here actually participated in a mosh or similar form of crowd chaos?
Mate I start those at gigs.

Fucking hate when a heavy band plays at an "indie" venue and the people are too timid to get close to the band or get active.

Boring people annoy me.
>>
>>64567323
im gonna go see code orange may 23
i cant wait to get my head beat in
>>
I got a concussion at a terror show, nearly every concert i go to has moshing or some variation, its good fun
>>
i went to a barrier show a little while back and i got elbowed in the head or something and got a concussion.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.