[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /mu/, I gotta do an essay on AESTHETICS and I thought? >well,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ;v.jpg (31 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
;v.jpg
31 KB, 316x316
So /mu/, I gotta do an essay on AESTHETICS and I thought?
>well, what can better than evaluating the æsthetic value of this masterpiece?

thought?
Should I kmc?
Should I analyse other album instead of this?
is vaporwave dead?
All your questions will be answered soon, on my next thread
>>
>>64560893
This album can be viewed from a lot of different stand points.

>this album somewhat contributed to the rebirth of 80's funk and synthpop in other words brought the community a little closer and brought in a younger generation

>the concept of blatantly using samples without said permission from the original publisher and not really paying any credit.

>The idea that the original performers that did the recordings to the songs that were used without permission may have even less rights to the song than the remixer or vaporwave artist

>The idea that marketing teams in their campaign approaches move from concept to concept so fast that they may have left several years of marketing material which include : aesthetics, phrases, and other artistic concepts behind and it is all being recycled at this time,

>is vaporwave dead? don't ever ask a listener ask a composer
>>
>>64560893
Don't just do that though, do vaporwave as a broad spread so you can include more things. You can talk about how the aesthetics unite each one but their message differ etc.
>>
>>64561478
>>is vaporwave dead? don't ever ask a listener ask a composer
but how would I ask them?
>>
>>64561984
Contact them obviously, vaporwave artists eat shit like that up
>>
Creating collages in all artistic mediums has become a more normalized process in the arts. Like the amalgamated world of blade runner. What if this albums art is one of many representations that hypothesize that the future of cites and life will be complete endless amalgamation. Things get recycled in all forms virtually or in reality.
>>
>>64561984
You can talk to me ive been bumping this thread for a while with suggestions.
>>
vaporwave is just chopped and screwed for white people and chopped and screwed is just vaporwave for black people
>>
>>64560893
The aesthetics... quite a few graphic designers graduated just after the 2008 market crash.. Quite a few teens had intentions of being regularly paid graphic designers not really having a real concept of the market crash. The end result a surplus of digital artists some well trained others amateurs compilling a ceaseless amount of art at a staggering rate.
>>
>>64562523
None of them with real jobs at tech companies (google, twitter, etc) creating digital portfolios.
The lack of work in ones desired field was not a deterrent to the artists that had managed to graduate. They continued to create, then i would imagine thats where some of the artists decided to test other mediums, printing, music, painting etc.
>>
>>64562523
popularly recognized as net art, which spawned the art style associated with vaporwave. The visual aesthetic often took examples of post modernism with a retro futuristic flair which complimented the music style in every way imaginable. The imagery often ironic to an extent or very abstract but with a nostalgic factor that appeals to the listening/consumer.
>>
>>64562739
Honestly this essay was just written for the OP with this final fact. this is one of the better vaporwave thread and i was glad to be a part of it. Thanks for contributing.
>>
>>64562921
Threads..
>>
File: mentally_ill_vaperwave_male.gif (188 KB, 666x898) Image search: [Google]
mentally_ill_vaperwave_male.gif
188 KB, 666x898
>>
>>64561984
Chances are they are going to say it is dead because of >muh hardvapor
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.