[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/! I make my own music and I wanna add vocals, however
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_14081.jpg (29 KB, 480x391) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14081.jpg
29 KB, 480x391
Hey /mu/!
I make my own music and I wanna add vocals, however I'm not a very good singer at all. I dont want someone else to do the vocals for me and I'd rather learn to sing, however I don't really need to be all that great, just acceptable. How can I acheive this?
>>
File: 1375830024294.jpg (69 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1375830024294.jpg
69 KB, 300x300
its literally a totally subjective thing what sounds good and what doesnt
>>
>>64422006
If you really care about making your voice sound good, play around with the audio in audacity, I have a friend that made his voice pretty much musical level quality through audacity alone.
>>64422050
Also, this.
I've heard plenty of singers that all sound different, some oddly high pitched males, yet, they still sound good.
But, if you really care about your voice, learn some simple techniques, also, playing around with the audio is a really good way to cover up the subjective glass in a singing voice.
But remember, no matter how hard you try, you will never enjoy hearing your voice, find one you like more than the rest and use it, as humans, we hate our voices.
>>
Never stopped the Pogues.
>>
I bought a book on it. Took about 2 months to learn to sing in tune. Had to do lots of do-re-mi exercises and ear training but it started to pay off pretty fast once I learned to use my diaphragm to create a steady flow of air and control the pitch with my throat.

I sing kind of warby so i run my vox through a chorus pedal and tremelo to mask the effect then split the mic to go to two different amps with different eq settings and one pitched up with a digitech to create and Low type girl vs guy harmony. Slight reverb aids this but always on the lowest setting

that's what i would do if i were you.
>>
>>64422138
Thanks man
>>
>>64422164
Im gonna look into the pogues now
>>
>>64422224
Would you mind sharing the book? I'm looking to improve my singing, but I'm just a talented amateur.
>>
>>64422224
What book?
>>
okay so I'm going to give you some good advice FOR FREE because I want to spread good.

first. find your range. this is your comfortable singing voice where you don't have to strain.

now work on making CLEAN NOTES within this. know what a clean note is. what it sounds like in your head and feels like in your throat.

know your range. mine is fucking tiny. one octave from C# to C#. note that it's not C or D but C#. I go one note above or below and I'm done-for

now, after much practice, you can start to extend your range beyond this (up and down) if you WANT. this is where falsettos, yelling, and singing through your nose come in. admittedly most of these extend your upper range rather than your lower (which is next to impossible in my experience). again you need to focus on making CLEAN NOTES

know your strengths and limits and use those to your advantage. yes, it will limit how you write your music but just looking at the pop charts a big range doesn't necessarily mean the best music. use what god gave you and you'll go far
>>
>>64422292
>>64422304
it was How to sing for dummies

i can't compare it to anything else, it's sort of self explanatory but its real value is it that it's motivating i think.
less than 2$ on amazon. Got mine at a thrift store for free.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0470640200/ref=sr_1_2_twi_pap_1_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1461878627&sr=1-2&keywords=singing+lessons
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.