[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one reason you aren't a die hard Bowie fan. >Pro-tip;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (660 KB, 476x750) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
660 KB, 476x750
Give me one reason you aren't a die hard Bowie fan.
>Pro-tip; You can't
>>
>>64273648
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own.

Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie was a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodied the quintessence of artificial art, raised futulity to paradigm, focused on the phenomenon rather than the content, made irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.
>>
>>64273715
You can say the same for Andy Warhol, they didnt ruin the art, they liberated it.
>>
>>64273648
Because I don't enjoy his music
>>
>>64273782
Andy Warhol's shit
>>
I really like him when he's making good music. Cocaine/Berlin years were amazing, and Blackstar is a great album. But he has a lot of crap, too.
>>
because I don't enjoy most of his music even though I've given it a chance?
I like all of Blackstar though. Also Let's Dance and Heroes.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.