[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ambient music with field recordings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: field.jpg (4 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
field.jpg
4 KB, 260x194
any recommendations?
>>
File: 2560812.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2560812.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
>>
>>64266518
shiiiiiiiiiiiit

i'm hoping there's an anon out there who knows what im talking about..

maybe 5-6 years ago i saw a mini documentary on a field recording guy who would get into the 'microverses' of like the grasslands on a british or scottish beach, where he said each layer had a different sound to it.. closer to the ground had the bugs and was quiet. a little further up had a few more bugs, but the grass swayed and you could hear a little wind.. futher up still you got the wind and the wave..

if im not mistaken he used a hydrophone to make field recordings as well.

anyone know of a field recording pro/artist who has done stuff like that?
>>
>>64266518
>>64267171
sweet tittlyballs

i googled your picture OP, just for the hell of it and it was the guy i've been looking for, chris watson. then found his little 'color of sound' video
>>
>>64266518
chihei hatakeyama uses some on his recordings, though you're probably looking for a more incorporated approach
>>
>>64267203
nice! imma check that out
>>
>>64266548
fuck yes
>>
>>64267245
this is beautiful tho
>>
File: a0467561488_10.jpg (44 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a0467561488_10.jpg
44 KB, 700x700
>>64266518
there's that album with the whale sounds and the atom's vibration(obviously not the sound atoms make but the conversion of their frequency to sound)
>>
>>64267462
woahhhhhhhhh yes
>>
>>64267203
>>64267336
man, he's a brilliant dude. i need to find some of his recordings. using the hydrophone on the beach is beautiful.

"what i like to do is go out somewhere and stand there, cuz our world is far more interesting and intriguing and fascinating sonicallywhen you can stand and absorb and listen to sound or music, i don't discriminate between the two, because the world is a far more interesting place when you can tune in and do that."

the quote is at the very end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-nTv5LL9g
>>
>>64267580
wow never heard of a hydrophone! like a special contact mic for water. gorgeous
>>
>>64267580
He's heard some shit
>>
>>64266518
There's a guy who did field drone recordings of the wind in telephone wires. In the Australian outback. I can't remember his name but it's good.
>>
File: drone-reversing.jpg (37 KB, 448x448) Image search: [Google]
drone-reversing.jpg
37 KB, 448x448
its drone but super good

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/drone-reversing-future
>>
>>64267907
>drone recordings of the wind in telephone wires
alan lamb! it's called night passage
>>
>>64267994
tiny mixtapes has the most wonderful reviews
>>
>>64268027
That's the guy, thanks you anon, I'm going to find it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.