[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From A Basement On The Hill Revised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 61G87G0HF5L.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
61G87G0HF5L.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
Elliott Smith's final album, FABOTH, was completed after his death by his family and friends. As brilliant and emotional as it is, it has a lot of problems with the tracklist, with songs Elliott wanted not making the cut and songs he didn't want being in prime spots.

Now that the dust has settled and we have access to plenty of the recordings/demos from the FABOTH sessions, what would a revised tracklist for the album look like?

What about a tracklist for a double album, like he intended?
>>
1. kings crossing
2. kings crossing
3. kings crossing
4. kings crossing
5. fond farewell
6. kings crossing
7. kings crossing
>>
Obviously Ostrich and Chirping has to go, nobody knows why the fuck it even ended up on the album since Elliott didn't make it

Pretty (Ugly Before) is a pretty popular one but he just wanted it to be a single a la Division Day so I think it should be cut, and Shooting Star should be bumped up to its current spot on the tracklist

Place Pigalle and Suicide Machine are both great tracks but I can't think of any place they could go on the album without breaking the flow besides opening and I think Coast to Coast has that locked down

Not sure about placement for Stickman but it's one of his best and if nothing else gets added it should be on there

Switch King's Crossing closer to the end so it leads straight into Memory Lane and Little One and then adjust the the acoustic songs so that they're not all clumped together idgaf where they end up

Close it with See You In Heaven because lyrically Distorted Reality is the perfect note to end on but See You In Heaven keeps the bitter angry emotions as an instrumental and earns a spot as Elliott's best closer

idc what else I haven't heard all of the Basement demos besides those

>>64142546
You forgot Ostrich and Chirping
>>
Replace The Last Hour with Abused, it serves the same purpose only it's ten times better.
>>
File: 20140128-elliot-x624-1390945085.jpg (118 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
20140128-elliot-x624-1390945085.jpg
118 KB, 624x420
bump

Do it for Elliott, /mu/. You like his music, don't you?

Also the unreleased Basement shit is some of the best he ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAhD0Wm9PfM
>>
I guess you guys aren't in the mood for this tonight. Maybe another time.

Good night, /mu/. I leave you with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuxAjkzD2pw
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.