[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boss SY-300
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: SY300-large.jpg (134 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
SY300-large.jpg
134 KB, 750x562
I recently bought this incredible pedal but it's damn hard to create sounds from scratch.
I can't find tutorials on youtube or online anywhere, so I came here for suggestions.
>>
>/mu/
>understanding how synthesizers works
>>
File: post-coital tristesse.jpg (96 KB, 593x388) Image search: [Google]
post-coital tristesse.jpg
96 KB, 593x388
>>64095775
are you even able to use the internet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=085q3PtwGxw
>>
If it works like a regular subtractive synth, you have basically a bunch of oscillators that are the main sound generators.
Then you filter frequencies out of those with a low-pass/high-pass/band-pass filter (add a bit of resonance to the filter in order to live the swag life).
And finally you shape how the amplitude of this sound evolve in time with an envelope, generally an ADSR envelope.
You can also use a bunch of LFOs (low-frequency oscillators) to modulate the cutoff frequency of the filter, or the pitch of the oscillators for example. I love those, they allow you to create weird sounds easily.
>>
>>64095875
this thing have been posted like today, so don't act like you are able to find stuff I don't

>>64095881
ok, it seems to work like a real synth but I really don't know anything about the whole subject so I am looking for a real guide/tutorial.
Thx anyway :)
>>
>>64095930
I usually hate Apple, but this tutorial seems pretty gud : https://documentation.apple.com/en/logicstudio/instruments/index.html#chapter=A%26section=3%26tasks=true
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.