[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey mu. Sorry if I'm breaking any of your rules. /Fit/izens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: TheIncredibleTrueStory.jpg (22 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
TheIncredibleTrueStory.jpg
22 KB, 316x316
Hey mu. Sorry if I'm breaking any of your rules. /Fit/izens first time posting here. I've been working out and listening to a lot of childish gambino, kid cudi, chance the rapper, and pick related. I really like them and hope you can recommend more. Thanks
>>
>>64175690
As a big hip hop fan, even at its most gimmicky and even untalented artists, Childish Gambino takes the Shit cake. Not only does he have the worst ear for beats in hip hop, but he consistently goes on the laziest, easiest to flow over beats to create a pseudoflow that braindead fans consider "good" because the beat is so easy. He relies on image more than ANYONE in hip hop, using the "o look guys I'm riding the fence between the black and white communities" shtick in a disgustingly distasteful way.

He makes no attempt at internal rhyme, and his inflection is flat and unevocative. He's also cringey enough to warrant a punch in his pandering wanna-be conscious face. People think he has a lot to say, but outside of a few witty punchlines that he has borrowed from his own fucking comedy before, his storytelling is inane and not detailed, and never makes an interesting or thought provoking point.

He is the epitome of shitty cancer rap.
>>
>>64175780
Yeah that's fine. I'm listening to him while I workout, not writing a thesis on him. Got anything similar to him?
>>
>>64175818
kek

Off the top of my head, Fetty Wap and Kendrick Lamar
>>
>>64175780
i hope this is copypasta
>>
>>64175818
okay i laughed
>>
>>64175690
Check out Death Grips man :))))))))
>>
>>64175882
Wasn't trying to be similar to Childish Gambino there though, and those are actually pretty shitty recs. But have a go at them and see what happens
>>
>>64175882
I like kendrick a lot. I'll have to check out fetty wap. Thanks anon
>>
>>64175780
This is why people don't like to discuss music with you.
>>
just listen to Pinata by Freddie Gibbs and Madlib
>>
>>64175690

Drake, Kanye, Tyler The Creator and maybe Skepta if you're willing to listen to UK rap would probably be good for you.

As for songs to work out to.

Drake: Jumpman, Energy, 10 Bands

Kanye: POWER, Father Stretch My Hands Pt.2 , On Sight, Niggas In Paris, New Slaves

Tyler: Tamale, Domo23, Jamba, Yonkers, DEATHCAMP

Skepta: Shutdown, That's Not Me, Are You Ready?
>>
Norf Norf and Blue Seude by Vince Staples are both good work out songs.
>>
Check out Jason Aldean and The Fishmans.
>>
>>64177056
Dude I fuck with Aldean so hard. Country is god-tier gym music. Might check out Fishman
>>
>>64177074
Fishmans is the best workout music
>>
>>64175690
Summertime '06 by Vince Staples

trust me, anon
>>
>>64175690
The white boy just started listening to rap pack
>>
you should like

g eazy
asher roth
chris webby
macklemore
mac miller
hopsin
lil dicky
>>
>>64178901
seconding this. adding:
rizzle kicks
oncue
dumbfoundead
cam meekins
aer
in terms of mac miller, check out the projects from KIDS to Blue Slide Park.
>>
>>64178865
Not just and I don't know why you guys give a fuck. I'm just looking for shitty generic rap to pick up and put heavy stuff down to. I'm a simple man with simple pleasures.
>>
>>64176099
>not workout plan
kanye has enough good songs you can listen to him exclusively while you work out for the next two months OP
>>
>>64180203
Ok I'll have to look more into that. I enjoyed my beautiful dark twisted fantasy when that came out. I downloaded life of pablo and I was like "fuck? This is it now?" And I didn't listen to much kanye past that. Any album you suggest?
>>
>>64180945
The College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
Yeezus
The Life of Pablo

808s if you like the rest
>>
this thread is depressing
>>
ITT: People that know absolutely nothing about music talking about what they think music is
>>
just listen to black metal instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
>>
>>64175780
This is why you have no friends
>>
>>64181468

Are people really defending Childish Gambino???
>>
File: vyOHa4.jpg (90 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
vyOHa4.jpg
90 KB, 450x450
Death Grips, Clipping etc...
>>
>>64181402
>Yeezus

KEK
E
K
>>
Holy Trinity of 50 cent - Ja Rule - DMX
>>
>>64175690
Op ignore all of the suggestions ITT
Listen to Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli, thats some real workout music. Oh and someone else mentioned DMX, anything he made should be good for you
>>
File: image.png (424 KB, 365x561) Image search: [Google]
image.png
424 KB, 365x561
>>64181402
>808s
>workout album
>>
>>64181632
you're far off mate. these >>64179002 & >>64178901 are the only okay ones
>>
>>64180144
then don't come to a board about music you fucking meat head go to a record store and ask them 'whats popular in hip hop' and keep being pumping iron to fuel your lacking otherparts
>>
>>64181440
*ITB
>>
B L A C K I E
>>
>>64182044
Oh, I was just suggesting good Kanye albums to OP.

>>64181555
Yeezus was awesome, come on. Just some hard digital beats and Ye being brash as fuck on top.
It's also very easily one of the best albums to work out to, that seems pretty inarguable to me
>>
>>64182630
>hard digital beats
Anthony pls go
>>
>>64175690
dälek
>>
>>64182724
lol
>>
>>64182161
>implying I lift to compensate
>implying I lift for anything but myself
>implying I'm a meat head

K bud. I'm guessing you got cucked by some Chad who takes care of his body and now you hate anything physical. Keep eating garbage and sitting around all day, getting fat and lazy, under the guise that you're being an 'intellectual'
>>
Check this out OP, some straight up bangers on this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q92QibNpb0A
>>
>>64175690
Try Run the Jewels if you want high energy senpai
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.