[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we make some dust over this so it can settle so we can agree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: hope six.jpg (72 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
hope six.jpg
72 KB, 319x319
Can we make some dust over this so it can settle so we can agree it's pretty damn good, but not her best work?

Also that mediocre PJ Harvey is better than 97.4% of other artists at their best?
>>
File: 1416193680652.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1416193680652.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
I really, really like it.
>>
File: R-400218-1373172682-8197.jpeg.jpg (135 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
R-400218-1373172682-8197.jpeg.jpg
135 KB, 600x591
>>64168807
Its pretty fantastic.
Definitely better on repeat listens. Obviously not her best, but as you said, even mediocre PJ Harvey is better than 97.44% of other artists at their best.
Post your favorite PJ.
>>
File: PJ-Harvey-To-Bring-You-My-Love.jpg (231 KB, 947x944) Image search: [Google]
PJ-Harvey-To-Bring-You-My-Love.jpg
231 KB, 947x944
>>64169110
Really? Brave choice my friend, brave choice. I liked that one least.

pic related is my favorite, first heard it from a pretty cool gf and it became our go to CD. But I really like how every song is different, yet good (at the very least - most are great) and how cohesive it is, without coming across like a labored 'concept' idea.

Second fave would be Let England Shake, formuch the same reasons - great songs and a consistent concept that never seems forced.

What do you think of the songs she did with Nick Cave and Tricky?
>>
>>64169312
I really like the production values of it. The grittiness compliments the songwriting very well.

My second favorite is probably LES as well. Love the lush production on it.

Haven't heard the stuff with Nick Cave. Will have to give them a listen.
>>
>>64169415
not sure if they've done more than this actually?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhW06rqc8rA

Didn't she collab with radiohead at some point as well?
>>
>>64169539
Yeah Thom Yorke sings on This Mess We're In.
>>
>>64169312
I've always found To Bring You My Love to be a grower. When I first heard it I was sort of unimpressed by how understated and comfortably paced it was, but eventually the songs drew me in and PJ's wails and singing really made me connect with it.

The closing song is also fucking incredible.
>>
>>64169570
Thoms on a few tracks from Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea actually.
>>
>>64169597
sadly, that doesn't save the shitty album
>>
>>64168807
Anyone got a dl link? haven't been able to get my hands on this yet.
>>
>>64169665
don't know if it still works but check newalbumreleases.net

>>64169643
yeah, I tried to like that one (purchased it on CD even) but never could get into it as much as her others
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.