[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iggy Pop thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Iggy Pop.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Iggy Pop.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
Favorite album? Do you prefer his solo work or The Stooges? What do you think of Post Pop Depression? Have you been to any of his Post Pop Depression concerts?
>>
>>64137177
I personally prefer The Stooges stuff, but I really enjoy Post Pop Depression. Funhouse is a 10
>>
>Favorite album?
Lust for Life
Raw Power is his second best.
>Do you prefer his solo work or The Stooges?
I can't decide.
>What do you think of Post Pop Depression?
Surprisingly great, it's the best thing he has made in over twenty years.
>Have you been to any of his Post Pop Depression concerts?
I went to the Orpheum Theatre MA show and the Capitol Theatre NY show. Both shows were incredible, Iggy and the band were in top form. He crowd surfed at both shows and at the NY show he landed right on top of me.
>>
I like to listen to his stuff with the Stooges when I'm in the mood for garage and punk but Lust for Life is a definite feel good album for me.
>>
The Stooges and the early solo stuff are his best stuff. I'd probably order them Funhouse > The Idiot = Lust For Life > Raw Power > The Stooges, but they're all pretty close.

His other solo stuff has been pretty hit or miss, but PPD is most certainly in the hit category.

Annoyingly he's only got one show in the UK, and it sold out. I'd absolutely love to see him live though.
>>
>>64137567
>Funhouse > The Idiot = Lust For Life > Raw Power > The Stooges
Nice ranking, anon. For me it's:

Lust for Life > Raw Power > Funhouse > The Idiot > The Stooges
>>
>>64137333
>Funhouse is a 10
Agreed.
>>
Nightclubbing and the entirety of The Idiot are godtier tb h

Raw Power is solid as well, haven't listened to PPD yet (surprised it's not discussed much on this board actually)
>>
Funhouse is probably my favourite album of all time, actually. Fewer songs give me goosebumps like the shout of "loooooooooooorrrrrrrd!" at the start of TV Eye.
>>
>>64139391
>haven't listened to PPD yet
Check it out, it's an 8/10.
>>
>>64137177
Just to kick a bee hive of an argument that'll never be settled; Raw Power, Bowie mix or Pop mix?
>>
>>64141696
The vinyl Iggy mix is objectively the best. The CD Iggy mix is too fucking loud and with the Bowie mix the vocals are too high, the drums are too low and the bass is too muddy. The vinyl Iggy mix is the best of both worlds.
>>
>>64141696
Pop mix.
>>
>>64141696
pop
>>
>>64141696
bowie mix
>>
>>64142927
Have you listened to the vinyl Iggy mix?
>>
>Favorite album?
It's a toss up between Raw Power, Metallic KO (The deluxe 2 record set edition), Kill City, and the "I Got A Right" Singles collection which features all the singles that came out on Bomp Records in the late 1970s.

>Do you prefer his solo work or The Stooges?
Hands down, The Stooges.

>What do you think of Post Pop Depression? Have you been to any of his Post Pop Depression concerts?

I haven't heard the album, nor seen any of the shows promoting the new album. Last time I saw him, Iggy and The Stooges were closing out Riot-Fest in Chicago four years ago.
>>
>>64137177
>Favorite album?
Funhouse, but Raw Power comes in an extremely close second.
>Solo or Stooges?
Prefer Stooges, but honestly haven't given enough of his solo stuff a listen.
>Post Pop Depression?
Pretty damn good!
>Been to any shows?
Nope, I'll go if he comes back through town though.
>>
>tfw Iggy Pop dies all my favorite rock stars are dead
>>
File: bowie-iggy-lou.jpg (369 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
bowie-iggy-lou.jpg
369 KB, 1600x1070
>>64146111
>tfw Iggy is the only part of the trinity left
Pray he lives for another decade.
>>
>>64147168
Feels bad man
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.