[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this the worst Fantano review ever? I didn't even care
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: M E L O N.jpg (123 KB, 841x434) Image search: [Google]
M E L O N.jpg
123 KB, 841x434
Was this the worst Fantano review ever?

I didn't even care for this album that much, but he descended into garbled wailing like half way through.
>>
he gave a death grips album a 10 though
>>
File: 1457472036749.png (123 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
1457472036749.png
123 KB, 290x320
He clearly did not want to review this. Should have just saved it for a YUNOREVIEW.

I get his criticism of the mix (it's definitely a lot more booming than Koi no Yokan) but it's such an odd review after KNY. It highlights how much he's changed in his reviewing style since then, he doesn't nearly delve into half of these tracks and a 4/10 is a weird score for something that sounded like more of a 1/10.

Even if I disagree with his opinion this wasn't a very good review in general. Felt like more of a pitiable admission that he never enjoyed the band in the first place, which is fine if he doesn't, but it's not very engaging to listen to.
>>
Is he ever going to review the DEAK
>>
he had to wait for the pitchfork review so he could run his contrarian opinion

have people not figured this out yet?
>>
>The album /mu/ has been obsessed with all week gets a 4/10

/mu/ BTFO
>>
>>64053795
He really does seem to like peppering his reviews with shitty bait reviews nowadays. It's like how he started reviewing Steven Wilson after already saying he hated the guy's work in a YUNOREVIEW. It's not like he needs to do that shit for views so it's just bizarre
>>
>>64053901
>a single cuck's opinion is more relevant than that of lots of people just because he is a funny meme or whatever
God fucking dammit
>>
>>64053913
That was actually my first thought. I never noticed him bringing up that fact until way after I saw his reviews of Raven and HCE, and after finding that out I was like, okay, I can respect not wanting to cover albums/artists you generally don't really care for or don't imagine that anyone's going to be wiser for it - but then he acts as it never happened. Similarly this review seems like it was made in a universe where the KNY review never happened, as he's waxing poetic about a band that he never liked even though in the past he'd generally praise the band for being ahead of the pack as far as a relevant, consistent and experimental band goes. You'd think most things he brought up here are things he'd have brought up back then.
>>
its not really contrarian, its pretty consistent with his reviews in the past. just doesn't fit his taste at all
>>
no it wasn't his worst review

that was MBDTF
>>
His review on Speedin Bullet 2 Heaven. Loved that album, love the Cudder...
>>
>>64053795
This, he doesn't like Deftones, the review was useless
>>
>>64054193
this
>>
>>64054073
but his opinion IS more relevant
99% of /mu/ is new to music and have irrelevant opinions
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.