[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one band be so based?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 8daBjoT.jpg (237 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
8daBjoT.jpg
237 KB, 1425x1425
How can one band be so based?
>>
Definitely not as good as kny, de or s/t. Ah, pi, xenon, GH are super meh in crucial spots. This brings the pacing down a ton. Though a lot of anons say its their favorite after snw, which makes me think that they are mostly the same age and that snw was the album that dropped when they were young.

Mankind does seem to have that pesky nostalgia for paradise deal going on. Anyway, I was kind of let down by the album and I now respect Stephen more than I ever did before.

This album is very disjointed and frankly pretty boring. To me there's six good songs and the rest are uninteresting as all hell. I'm also fairly let down by Cantrell's underwhelming guitar solo. It could have been beautiful and iconic, Cantrell's been known to make some standout licks in the past but his solo on PB is pretty subdued and noodly than it should be. That can be the bands fault for not laying down a strong enough of a foundation, it can be Cantrell's fault, or it could be the mix. Either way it turns out pretty boring.

But the songs that are good are pretty damn good.

I'm personally waiting for them to release a few more albums so we can look back at kny and de as the coherent, atmospheric and heavy beasts that they are.
>>
>>63944664
KNY is their best album, fuck the nostalgia faggots.
>>
Stop shilling, Camilo.
>>
I can't tell what it says underneath that flock of birds.

Coke?

..Joke?
>>
>>63944713
>fuck the nostalgia faggots
>referring to people who prefer Deftones' old sound as nostalgia fags
Are you fucking retarded?

Modern Deftones has changed tremendously since their initial days of conception and early records. If one appreciates their old records more than their more recent ones, that's not a consequence of nostalgia. That's a consequence of Deftones' sound changing so fucking much over the years.
>>
>>63944791
>Modern Deftones has changed tremendously since their initial days of conception and early records.
interesting, this is my introduction to them. Has he always been this screechy? At times he comes close to Patton.
>>
>>63944783
Cock
>>
>>63944783
yeah it's their new album "Coke"
>>
>>63944791
I certainly hope you're not implying change is bad. Change is necessary to stay relevant. And Deftones have shown to be masters of creating a new sound while still blending in the old.
>>
>>63944827
>this is my introduction to them

Are you serious? Where the fuck do you live, North Korea?
>>
>>63944893
no I'd just been actively avoiding them for many many years.
>>
>>63944827
>has he always been this screechy
Yes. Chino's voice is easily the most/only consistent thing about their sound.

It's been a while since I've listened to Adrenaline so I couldn't remember any songs where he's screeching, so have one from Around the Fur instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asqR6fDQw8s

>>63944863
That's not what I'm implying. I'm just saying it's unfair to say anyone preferring old Deftones is a mere nostalgiafag, because old Deftones and new Deftones are scarcely comparable.
>>
>/mu/ is now into Death Grips and Deftones
the nu-metal renaissance is upon us. Limp Bizkit BNM when?
>>
>>63944827
>>63944933
As soon as I'd made this post I remembered Bored, and that Chino explodes with a wealth of screaming on it.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW_SQnDAE8Q
>>
>>63944945
Legitimately saw a thread the other day talking about how underrated Limp Bizkit was and people were agreeing with it.

Rip /mu/
>>
File: 1458605716574.jpg (339 KB, 495x413) Image search: [Google]
1458605716574.jpg
339 KB, 495x413
>>63944945
>now
>>
File: Korn1-630x420.jpg (55 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Korn1-630x420.jpg
55 KB, 630x420
>>63944945
Is Korn elite?
>>
File: oishi rape face.png (543 KB, 300x1500) Image search: [Google]
oishi rape face.png
543 KB, 300x1500
>>63944945
>/mu/ is now into Death Grips
>now
>>
>>63945029

top tier according to scruffles
>>
>>63945062
Literally who?
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't get this? Something about it feels like... Unfinished. I'm a big fan of Deftones and loved Koi No Yokan, but Gore doesn't feel like a confident new direction they're going in. Most of their albums, they're always trying something new, but this one feels like a slower, more unsure re-exploration of what they've done before. A few of the tracks are very good (Prayers/Triangles,Hearts/Wires,(L)mirl), but from them taking so long to get this out there, I was expecting White Pony 2. It's got a similar style, but they forgot to write memorable songs in the progress. It's kinda metal-y, kinda pretty, but it has no real moments where everything clicks IMO. Gore doesn't have a "Rosemary". Gore doesn't have a "Chance (In The House of Flies)".
>>
>>63944713
This desu. I could listen to KNY front to back a million times and not get bored of it. Love Deftones earlier shit especially WP but KNY is where it's fucking at.
>>
sometimes when I listen to deftones I feel like Im gonna cry, like im so touched or something, like they open my emotional chakra, haha.
>>
>>63944945
/mu/ been into DG for at least 3 years anon. Also...

>Deftones
>Nu metal

They were labeled that because they were popular during that period but they were doing some OG shit compared to other nu metal acts during that time.
>>
>>63945824
any songs on Gore?
>>
Did they replace that Chinese guy that died?
>>
>>63945890
Yes.
>>
>>63944945
>>
>>63944945
It's the younger generation. Nu-metal isn't such a taboo to them.
>>
>>63945862

To be fair, Adrenaline was pretty standard fare for the time.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.