[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm noticing a trend that when female artists produce an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: ramstein302.jpg (11 KB, 302x169) Image search: [Google]
ramstein302.jpg
11 KB, 302x169
I'm noticing a trend that when female artists produce an overly sexual song, that it in being called "empowering" to women (i.e. Nicki Minaj Anaconda)

What I'm wondering is how many songs there are that can be considered "sexually empowering" for men?

Pussy by Rammstein is the only thing that comes to mind, besides the near limitless number of rap songs about fucking bitches.
>>
>>63943069
the majority of coil's discography
>>
>>63943069
If you want a serious answer, women are typically the sexual object in songs (anything from hair metal to hip hop). Songs like Anaconda are sometimes called "empowering" to women because it reframes them as sexual agents as opposed to sexual objects (i.e. they aren't just something for a man to have sex with, they own their decisions w/regards to their sexuality.) So there really can't be songs that are "empowering" to men in the same sense. There are songs about fucking bitches, like you've said, but those aren't "empowering" because they don't reframe the narrative. There is no narrative to reframe.

If anyone wants to argue with this a la "hurr durr women iz dumb lolz" I'm just going to respond with Nicki Minaj lyrics.
>>
Men can't be any more sexually empowered.
>>
>>63943276
yeah, this is the short version of the long winded crap I wrote lol >>63943247
>>
>>63943247

True that women are the sexual object of most music, but to be honest, most guys are singing about it in a very whipped doormat way.

Most of this music is about how amazing and perfect this goddess is, and how this unworthy guy is trying win her attention
>>
>>63943069

um... killing joke tazaban?
>>
>>63943247
wow, someone actually speaking rationally on /mu/

i never thought i'd see the day
>>
If it's a song written by a black men, it could be seen as empowering since black men are underprivileged.

If it's a song written by a white man it could possibly be called "empowering" to white men but the term we normally use for that is "glorifying abuse and patriarchy."

It could be the same song in either case, just depends on skin color really.
>>
>>63943247
>>63943276
>>63943511
>>
>>63943567
(as promised)

YOU A STUPID HO YOU A YOU A STUPID HO
>>
>>63943511

Holding different people to different standards based on skin color seems pretty racist desu senpai
>>
>>63943465
We'd see it happen more often if all of the 20 year old virgins on mu didn't annoy all the women away lol
>>
>>63943247
well, songs against hypergamy would be a good start for men, but in hip hop they celebrate it
>>
This board seems pretty pc.
>>
>>63943276
men are more feminized now than ever
>>
>>63943247
>everyone has the same perspective perspective
wew not how reality works
>>
"Another Love Song" by QotSA
>>
>>63943511
What's funny is that I read this as satire and then couldn't tell if it actually was

bravo

den/den
>>
>>63943247
probably best post of the week right here

this
>>
>>63943855

This. Like 80% of are beta as fuck and follow women around at their beck and call doing everything they say hoping to please them.
>>
>>63943916
and most love songs have submissive high status men (the famous singer) implore the woman's favor
>>
>>63943247

Being an object of worship is hardly degrading.

The question could be rephrased as songs that treat men as the object of worship. This is re framing the narrative from the norm.
>>
>>63943870
THAT'S WHAT A MOTHAFUCKIN MONSTA DO
>>
I rode out to the ocean,
the water looked like tarnished gold,
I rode out on a broken horse
who told me she never felt so old
she asked if i could feed her,
and ride her now and then...

no no no
no non no
no no no
I break horses
i don't tend to them

Tonight i'm swimming to my favorite island
and i don't want to see you swimming behind
>>
>>63944052
HIGHER THAN A MOTHAFUCKA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWJE0x7T4Q

this comes to mind, though don't know id i'd consider it empowering
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.