[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHO /HYPE/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: kayo dot.jpg (126 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
kayo dot.jpg
126 KB, 960x960
WHO /HYPE/
>>
I
>>
>>63839909
>On Plastic House on Base of Sky, Kayo Dot fully embraces Coffins on Io's electronic allusions, incorporating a variety of synthesizers (many of them vintage analog) to create another work of ambition and magnitude that fuses the explosive musical imagination of a band like Magma with the forward-thinking experimentalism of Conrad Schnitzler or Morton Subotnick. This 40 minute-long, 5-song LP goes beyond the future-noir theme of Coffins on Io and is an innovative and biomechanical work of art. Think seemingly impossible architecture, dead satellites, trashed space stations, wasted old lady heroin addicts hanging out by cheap motel pools, broken people, and a hopeless dead and polluted world transitioning into artifice and mechanism and reacting by being self-destructive, either to the point of utter obliteration or a glorious transhuman condition.
>>
Where do I start with Kayo Dot? I've been following Flenser for their ELHR-related shit for a while and I've seen these guys a lot but I've never checked them out.
>>
>>63839971
I recommend starting with Choirs of the Eye and move on from there.
>>
AOTY
>>
>>63839909
does this cover represent a young girl practicing how to deepthroat on her class peers
>>
>>63839909
I'm gonna need some lewds of this girl
>>
>>63839909
what's her '@' on twitter?
>>
>>63839971
>>63840050
Said the same thing in previous thread:

Start with maudlin of the Well, in this order:
>Part the Second
>Bath
>Leaving Your Body Map
>My Fruit Psychobells...A Seed Combustible

Then listen to Kayo Dot's albums in chronological order.
>>
Remember when Kayo Dot used to put out good albums?

Me neither.
>>
kayo dot is fucking trash lmao
>>
neat artwork
>>
>>
>>63842542
That's a lot of instruments
Especially a lot of instruments that don't really layer well, with all those keyboard instruments, for a 40 minute album.
I'm guessing a lot of it will be briefly going in and out.
>>
>>63842542
>Mastered by Scott Hull
Gotta love the Zorn networking boost
>Mixed by Marc Alan Goodman
literally who?

>Lyrics by Byron
Who hasn't actually returned to playing with the band...

>entire personnel list of complete nobodies

Was really hoping they'd reach out to O'Rourke or Eye by now.
>>
>>63843212
Byron never did "play" for KD except a guest spot on Hubardo
>>
HYPE!!!
>>
>>63843569

>>63842542
ok at least they have an orchestra
>>
>>63842542
>No Mia
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.