[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parquet Courts - Human Performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Human Performance.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Human Performance.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
I've been listening to this all week, someone meme about it or something. I know I'm not alone when I say AOTYSF.
>>
Here's an embarrassing review I wrote just for some close friends of mine:

>This band is quickly becoming my favorite, I wasn't sure about them at first but they
have been growing on me with every release since around the time 'Content Nausea' was released.
The first track is great opener, the "Instrumental break" at 0:52 is fun. Track 2 "Dust" is
an amazing single, it's like their most polished defining sound. The title track is a great
introduction to this newer sound they are playing with in this album, almost like The Smiths.
Track 5, I Was Just Here is their token expirmental track, something similar to Swans and then
the last 20 seconds turns into power punk. Track 6 "Paraphrased" one of my favs, when they yell
OBJECT!/SUBJECT! and that guitar with the reverb turned all the way up rings out, so good. And
the vocals remind me of the Dead Kennedy's. Track 7 "Captive of the Sun" is my next favorite,
love the chorus. Track 8 is a new side to them it's really catchy slow song. Track 9 is even
more catchy with a very repetitive lyric that will get stuck in your head and drive everyone
around you nuts. It's still another favorite of mine. The next couple tracks are more Smiths
inspired tracks. The Last track "It's Gonna Happen" is a great closer, another slow track,
Another track that will get stuck in your head, I love the variation of the lyrics.

>Fav Tracks: Dust, Human Performance, Paraphrased, Captive of the Sun, One Man No City
>>
It is certainly good, bu im not sure if it is better than matmos, bowie or neufeld
I have always loved parquet courts, and fucking loved monastic album. This album was very good but personally was a bit of a let down,dont even know why because it was very good. I guess I expected it to be a bit more experimental, closer to Monastic Living
>>
>>63808348
I love it
>>
I feel you, one man no city soty
>>
>>63808348
only heard it once, need to go back to it
>>
File: Monastic Living.jpg (88 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Monastic Living.jpg
88 KB, 620x620
>>63808484
please do, I just want to talk about it.

>>63808412
Also let's talk about Monastic Living. Obviously very different from the rest of their work, I still don't appreciate it as much as I think I should. What do you like about it specifically?
>>
>>63808631
whoever does their album art is who I want doing mine.
>>
It's here eeeeeevidently
>>
>>63808678
It's done by Andrew Savage, Singer and Guitarist

>>63808631
Dunno, i just enjoy the drone. Somebody said it was a Noise/Industrial/Drone minimalist album, it might be a bit overblown, but it fits. At first I thought it was shit tho, I didnt feel like it was innovative enough, this kind of drone has already been done before, but for some reason I ended up liking it a lot
>>
>>63808771
I've only been listening to it as study music since there's no lyrics. What other works might remind you of this? Shellac and Swans come to mind for me, but neither have that parkay quarts twist to repetition.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.