[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I figured it out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: danse manatee.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
danse manatee.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee, even people who are well enough into patricianhood to be able to listen to it without getting a headache seem to despise it. People who heil Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished as a masterpiece, criticize the fuck out of Danse manatee, even though they are around the same level of abrasiveness.

But then it hit me, how many people have you seen who say they hate Danse Manatee, but love "Essplode"? How many people have you seen deny that Feels is the true anco pop masterpiece, because the tracks "drag on" too much? How many people have you seen who's least favorite track on Sung Tongs is Visiting Friends? Animal Collective have developed a fanbase who cannot appreciate slow music. Its not that Danse Manatee is too abrasive, people are just too fucking impatient. It's not a failed experiment, it just takes its fucking time. Asking an anco fan to appreciate this album is like asking a Soccer fan to appreciate Baseball. It's hard to go from "GET BALL TO GOAL" to whatever the fuck those nerds are doing in baseball. I don't actually watch sports.
>>
DUDE RYM LMAO
>>
>>63795650
i like baseball does that mean I'll like dm?

honestly i've always been too scared to even try it
>>
>>63795650
people dont dislike this album because it's too slow, they dislike it because it's significantly worse than any of their other albums. I love visiting friends and my favorite songs on feels are bees/daffy duck/loch raven.

That being said, I think the best purpose Danse serves, is for AnCo nerds to totally geek out with some more material. So many times me and my friends have gotten retarded and listened to p much every other AnCo album. At a certain point, we'd still want to hear some AnCo, but have abused the rest of their catalogue. Danse fills that void, but overall is nowhere near the quality or cohesiveness of their other albums
>>
hmm maybe i don't like danse manatee because.......................................wait for it......................................................................
i think it's a bad fucking album, it doesn't have to be a complicated 5-paragraph answer
>>
>>63795868
I like this pasta because it prompts plebs to defend themselves in cringey ways.
>>
>>63795650
If this were true, then how do you explain Painting With? The group took the exact opposite approach: extremely paired down, no filler, no build up, all pop, nothing that could remotely be considered "dragging". Yet it's one of AnCo's worst received albums, right up there with Danse Manatee.
>>
>>63795916
shut the fuck up you self-righteous mongoloid
not every feeling about an album can be thesis-length, if i don't like it, i don't like it, plain and simple
i bet you're the kind of motherfucker who puts mountain dew in a wine glass to feel culturally enriched as you sit in your mother's basement, pizza boxes surrounding you, with dried cum on your weirdly-shaped 3 inch dick that got there because you masturbate to lolis
>>
>>63796000
good trips, bad post
>>
>>63795978
Too poppy for the avant teens to appreciate.
>>
>>63796048
then why don't the avant teens like the pop-free DM?
>>
>>63796157
Because they're impatient and think "boring" is an acceptable criticism.
>>
>>63795650

>fucking hated Danse Manatee
>bought the vinyl copy from the store anyways because it was dirt cheap and it was just lying there
>it's actually growing on me

They did a darn good job on the direct metal mastering on this one.
>>
essplode is good, but there are other good tracks on danse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhSV-7YD2Zw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxOOGF911jI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJXKuYMa0Q

i also dont get how people can say they like HCTI yet they dont like Danse
>>
>>63796869
i actually think essplode is overrated.
>>
>>63795650

>I've always wondered why people hate Danse Manatee

If you really can't understand this point of view, you might have autism
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.