[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post what is, in your opinion, the worst music in existence.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 625x415
Post what is, in your opinion, the worst music in existence. Just vent about it. Try to avoid "you're are favorite band :^)" type picks. Talk about music that you geniunley think is like artistic cancer.

I think these ed sheeran singing covers of CoCo and no diggity might be some of the single most cringe inducingly bad songs available for listening. Just misguided, lazy, sound like complete fucking shit, embarassing, unlistenable, the songs were fine as they were, we dont need carrot top singing soulful covers of dr. dre. Nobody asked for this shit.
>>
Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD and Muslimgauze
>>
you're are favorite band :^)

also joy division
and muse
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuoIvNFUY7I
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHaXPBL1I-I
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 638x645) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 638x645
>>63753635
>joy division
come on man
>>
>>63753684
*kick snare kick snare*
*chugging on root note*
*chugging on power chords*
*incoherent mumbling with vaguely homosexual sounding lyrics*

I can't see how anyone enjoys this
>>
>>63753723
>how can anyone enjoy rothko paintings, its just a bunch of colors, my five year old could paint that!
>>
shitty trap made by 15 year olds jerking themselves off because they think "minimalism" = not actually knowing how to produce and just being lazy and sloppy and using premade drum/synth loops lmao
>>
>>63753749

>strawman argument
wew lad
>>
>>63753623
cLOUDDEAD is pretty fucking bad
>>
>>63753609
anything labeled "folk" that obviously isn't real folk music is trash by default.
>>
File: 1453402260740.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1453402260740.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>63753609

>It's a boring white guy covers a hip-hop song on his guitar in an attempt to make it "deep" and "meaningful" song
>>
>>63753812
stupid white people rite HAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>63753769
I mean i dont really have the energy to spoonfeed to you why joy division is good, but if you think your original, very reductive post on what you think encompasses their ouvure is actually like a thorough analysis, I mean in my opinion you're kind of missing the forest for the trees

I personally think joy division are like one of the only bands from the 1970s who are still actually worth listening to today
>>
>>63753835

I am white. Please grow a thicker skin and try not to get so easily offended over jokes on the internet, thanks.
>>
Every time i hear the song "manic monday" i cringe pretty hard
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 648x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 648x484
>>63753812
Yeah it's really something that should never fucking happen

I cant believe people are actually eating this ed sheeran stuff up, like i already said, it is, without any exaggeration, some of the absolute worst music ive ever heard

>I whip it through the glass, man
>mfw
>>
>>63753836

Just saying but you come off as a pretentious (god I hate using this word but damn if it doesn't fit) Tumblr browsing jackass.

I literally broke down what I heard when listening to their music. It just sounds like a really indeh white boy version of the Sex Pistols or the Ramones. Except both have a little energy and intensity to keep things more interesting. Joy Division are neither. The band sounds reluctant to play their own music for fuck's sake.

I really honestly pity the drummer and the bassist. Imagine spending half your life dedicating yourself to an instrument only to end up just chugging on root notes and playing a kick snare kick snare beat.
>>
>>63753842
>lol look at this stupid cracka cant handle a joke baka desu senpai
>HOW DARE YOU JOKE ABOUT POC YOU FUCKING RACIST SHITLORD
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (3 KB, 139x139) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
3 KB, 139x139
>>63753609 this asshole
>>
>>63753891
>le power chord me me
>le chugging root notes

It doesn't matter how much more "complex" a chord is, it doesn't become good music just for playing a dimished slash 6 chord
>>
uhhh babymetal
>>
>>63753784
you realize even hip hop is technically folk music right
>>
>>63753933
Yeah, of course it doesn't. The technicality of a song does not contribute to the quality of said song.

However how interesting it is does. That was just to add emphasis to my point that Joy Division make some of the most stale, pointless and boring music I've ever heard.
>>
>>63753812
>UGH white people music is SO BORING right guys??

You are everything that is wrong with /mu/
>>
>>63753891
Well i mean i am pretty pretentious, i'm a /mu/ poster. I dont use tumblr though.

So like back in the 1970s after the sex pistols broke out, the music industry commoditized punk rock and even the sex pistols had a hard time listening to their music any more, punk rock was becoming less popular, but people still had angst and shit

In comes ian curtis, who, in what i think was an incredible creative feat, reinvented the entire genre by creating a punk album that doesnt sound punk at all. Unknown pleasures is so minimal it feels like its about to rip apart.

Like I said, if you dont like it, whatever, but it sounds like you listened to it really shallowly.
>>
>>63753983
Congratulations, guess what?
I'm not judging the band based on their historical context. I'm judging them based on their musical merits alone.

Obviously they don't really have any.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 348x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 348x211
>>63753950
>Joy Division make some of the most stale, pointless and boring music I've ever heard.
>>
>>63754004
>I'm not judging the band based on their historical context.
ok

have fun with your willfull ignorance
>>
>>63753957

Didn't realise my post would trigger so many easily offended outrage-seeking alt-righttards, oh dear. Don't you guys have some Anime "Waifus" you could be wanking over?
>>
>>63754008

Yeah you're showing exactly what Joy Division's music is like
>>63754024
>hurr durr he doesn't like my boring whine core because muh influential this muh popular that
>he must be IGNORANT lmoa
You sound exactly like a Tumblr leftist libertarian
>>
>>63753609

Hollywood Undead
Mumford And Sons
>>
>>63753623
edgy
>>
>>63754028
Not even a right-winger.

But this /mu/ meme that "white music is boring/everything black people make is god tier" really needs to stop.
>>
Sean Mendez faggot ass piece of shit maroon 5 knockoff bullshit fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 400x462
>>63754044
and you sound like a newtrip cancer pleb piece of shit
>hurr durr joy division is boring and ams bad
holy shit really? like when did this board turn into a place where any music that requires the listener to poke a toe outside of their fucking meme-rap comfort zone become "boring and pointless?"

This is fucking turbopleb shit
>>
>>63754084
Oh shit, we're OPPRESSING the white guy! Those fucking PoC sure are holding you back, aren't they?
>>
>>63754084

Where did I say ALL white music was boring you fucking retard? I said the "genre" of plain white guy covering hip-hop songs to be ironic is shit and tedious, which it is.

Stop trying to look for offence where there is none

>>>/tumblr/
>>>/pol/
>>
another tripfag gets outed as a fucking retard

oh what a glorious day
>>
>>63754131
I agree, white people should not be allowed to cover hip-hop songs. That's cultural appropiation.
>>
>>63754102

You sound so triggered that I don't like your shitty borecore band

Face it. Joy Division are utter garbage and they have never done anything worth listening to. The only good they did was influence a lot of great bands. How said bands managed to salvage anything is beyond me

Memerap is garbage by the way

>>63754139
Another Joy Division fan gets butthurt
>>
>>63754115
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfqAkUXKT5Y
>>
all country music

like what is the fucking point
>>
>>63754159
Nice /pol/ meme, now please go back to your containment board
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 740x737) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 740x737
>>63754148
>You sound so triggered
You're the one who started being a combative autist about this

You're literally running around /mu/ going "joy division is 2 deep for my tiny little plebian pea brain, and anyone who disagrees is a dumb."

Like if you had any sort of argument suggesting that you had any sort of comprehension of their music, that'd be fine, but this is literally "i dont 'get it' and that means it's bad."

Like congratulations, you're the boards new resident pleb
>>
>>63754286
He explained why he doesn't like it, you're just telling him that he's "missing the point" and that he "doesn't get it". I never thought I'd defend a tripfag but holy shit you're retarded.
>>
>>63754326
>He explained why he doesn't like it,
He gave extremely shallow and superficial reasons, hence "missing the point"

Reducing joy division to "its just a snare and some bass" should be a fucking criminal offense
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y66j_BUCBMY
>>
>>63754373
chill brah, it doesnt matter
>>
>>63754395
I know

But i mean come on, it's joy division. Have a little reverence.
>>
>>63754373
What if that's all he hears when listening to Joy Division? Maybe you should explain what "he's missing" and what "the point" he's "missing" is instead of going "b-but they're INFLUENTIAL! P4k told me so!".
>>
>>63754286
>>63754373
>>63754416
Pure retardation everyone
If your shitty band is so good why can't you give any reasons or explanations other than "muh historical context muh legacy muh p4k acclaim"
>>63754326
>>63754446
Thanks for filling in the words I didn't say
>>
>>63754446
I already did, granted i did a shit job, but he replied with something like "i dont care about historical context," which should give you some idea about where he's at in terms of depth of knowledge

Plus like i said like 9 posts ago, i dont really have the energy to write a fucking dissertation on why joy division is good just for the purpose of spoonfeeding it to some newtrip on /mu/.
>>
trout mask replica
>>
>>63754480
>>63754490
You just pulled the "muh historical context" thing for the fourth time in this thread
>>
>>63754490
You're retarded
>>
>>63754512
>You just pulled the "muh historical context" thing for the fourth time in this thread
Ok

Doesnt make me wrong
>>
>>63753723
you really dont know what your talking about do you, this has to be bait
>>
>>63754528
shuttup phil ur music sucks
>>
>>63754552
It makes you an idiot who can't justify why something is good without bringing in stupid shit like critical acclaim
>>63754561
>STOP DISLIKING
>WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
>>63754084
He's not saying that. It's primarily whites that lazily cover hip-hop songs acoustically for feigned emotional and lyrical depth, so he specified accordingly by saying "white guy."

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>63754588
>STOP DISLIKING
>WHAT I DON'T LIKE

i actually dont think youve listened to joy division like at all, like how you described joy division does'nt sound anything like a description of joy division,
>>
>>63754588
>It makes you an idiot who can't justify why something is good without bringing in stupid shit like critical acclaim
Hey here's a radical idea, maybe if 1000s of people, some of whom literally get paid to sit around and listen to music all day and decide whether or not it's good or bad, all generally agree that a particular album is good, then maybe, just maybe, they arent all specacularly wrong and your opinion that it's bad maybe suggests that your opinion is unlearned?

Idk could be
>>
>>63753623
This is not discussion
>>
>>63754632
I've heard both their albums enough times to know they're boring garbage. The first time I listened to Unknown Pleasures I fell asleep around She's Lost Control. I regret giving it a second chance, or any other chances for that matter.
>>63754643
Guess what: opinions are subjective, and just because a bunch of liberal arts retards like something doesn't mean I'm obligated to do the same.
>>
>>63754643
>it's good because many people say it is
>the majority is never wrong
I bet you use the term "contrarian".
>>
File: 6888.png (385 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
6888.png
385 KB, 500x449
The Lumineers or Mumford & Sons or any of those bands.

I really don't want to get started cause it's gonna end in a REEEE rant but these groups and what they do to the American folk / country tradition triggers me beyond words.
>>
>>63754672
Guess what: opinions can also be retarded, and qualifiying something with "well its just my opinion" isnt a free pass to spew a bunch of nonsensical bullshit.
>>63754673
and i bet you put your punctuation outside of quotation marks you fucking mouthbreather
>>
>>63754732
Jesus you really think people can't dislike what you and your shitty hype critcs likes huh

I'm amazed that this isn't b8, provided it actually somehow isn't
>>
>>63754672
>I've heard both their albums enough times to know they're boring garbage. The first time I listened to Unknown Pleasures I fell asleep around She's Lost Control. I regret giving it a second chance, or any other chances for that matter.

well then i just dont think you know enough about music to really have a valid opinion on joy division , you really are embarrassing your trip if this isnt bait
>>
File: 1458007339362[1].jpg (51 KB, 735x558) Image search: [Google]
1458007339362[1].jpg
51 KB, 735x558
>>63754732
>
>>
>>63754755
Except it wasnt a typo, you genuinely think that's proper formatting
>>
>>63754750
>if you don't like what i like your opinion is invalid
Are all Joy Division fans this braindead?
>>
>>63754781
Doesn't matter, you just didn't want to admit that your argument is flawed.
>>
>>63754746
>Jesus you really think people can't dislike what you and your shitty hype critcs likes huh
I think that before you form an opinion on something you have an obligation to try and understand it, or your opinion wont be worth shit
>>
>>63754802
>you just didn't want to admit that your argument is flawed
sure whatever

i dont really care at this point

joy division sucks, sure, have fun listening to Adele or whatever
>>
>>63754794
aha joy division fans, thats funny
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 95x132) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 95x132
>>63754821
Holy fuck
I can't believe I'm dealing with this level of mental retardation
How far must one fall to get down there

Guess what: Your opinion isn't worth shit either, and neither are any critic's opinions.
>>63754847
You sound exactly like a diehard Slayer fan
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 208x210
>>63754860
>Holy fuck
>I can't believe I'm dealing with this level of mental retardation
>How far must one fall to get down there
i think i said something that was extremely reasonable, im not really sure why you're so convinced it was retarded

you really are cancer btw
>>
Bright Eyes

I hate Oberst's whiny, teenage girl, wannabe Elliott Smith, poser nonsense so fucking much.

And I don't feel like that towards any other artist or genre at all, Bright Eyes just gets to me.
>>
>>63754900
I

Fucking hate

Bright eyes
>>
>>63754891
There is absolutely nothing reasonable about that statement. At all.

I'm done here, I can't handle this intense level of stupidity
>>
>>63754900
One of the bands ive been attracted to hate recently is disclosure

I fucking hate how p4k shat all over wubwub when it first broke out back in 2011, like yeah some of it was garbage but some of it was actually good, but p4k couldnt be bothered to sift through it to find the good artists, even though it's literally their fucking job to do exactly that, they just put it all into a box and said it was bad because it isnt trendy brooklyn indie rock :^)

So for them to now be jumping on the bandwagon and picking out disclosure, which is a step above elevator music but labeled themselves UK garage so p4k thinks its authentic or whatever, as the flavor of the month artist to be all uppity about and all "well this is GOOD edm" when its just the same boring dogshit that hack artists have been making for the past 5 years is fucking bullshit
>>
File: shawnmendes-stitches-062415.jpg (32 KB, 365x250) Image search: [Google]
shawnmendes-stitches-062415.jpg
32 KB, 365x250
Shawn Mendes is the cringiest whinest piece of faggot that i have ever heard, the fact that Stitches(One of the most painfull to listen to songs ever) has more views than all Marina and the Diamonds songs combined is an insult
>>
>>63754965
>There is absolutely nothing reasonable about that statement. At all.
That you need to listen to music before you form an opinion on it?
>>
>>63754965
>Can't deal with retarded
>trip fagging on mu
JUST lol senpai
>>
I dislike most arena/cock rock like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc. Might be from my overexposure to it since there aren't much radio stations in my area that aren't classic rock stations and those types of artists are played so much on those. A lot of those types of bands are hard rock though and I just feel like the middle ground between rock and metal, especially when it comes to the most well known artists that play that kind of music, just sounds bad and is pretty generic, though this might be an example of the Seinfield effect.
>>
>>63754607
Ya but he could've just specified that he hates plastic soul covers of rap songs. Specifying that he hates when white people do it is playing into a negative stereotype. He's obv allowed to do that, but it's no surprise it offends people, not to mention white guilt is the faggiest trait one can possess outside of lust for cock
>>
Obviously not cancer,

But I hate when people rec like, very average albums that have no emotional weight to them whatsoever, do nothing interesting at all, etc. It's like, what the fuck could have compelled you to not only enjoy this album, but then recommend it to anyone else?

Yes I know this is autistic, and everyone has different tastes so what should I expect, I'm just being honest. Someone is like "oh my god you'll love it" but then I listen and no, no I don't love it. I'll forget about it in an hour, because it was fucking mediocre. Happens every day.
>>
>>63755086
>but he could've just specified that he hates plastic soul covers of rap songs.
I hate plastic soul covers of rap songs

by white people
>>
>>63755023
You idiot, I literally just said I've listened to both their albums multiple times. I've cleared that checkpoint already thank you very much.
>>63755038
Done shooting off buzzwords?
>>
File: Duck_Stab_Buster.jpg (9 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
Duck_Stab_Buster.jpg
9 KB, 220x220
>>63753623
=(
>>
>>63755114
Yea you're a racist faggot, congrats man enjoy being ashamed of your own skin
>>
>>63755086
i see what your saying but we gotta be real, its pretty rare to see anyone but a white person doing an acoustic cover of a hip hop song.
>>
>>63753900
>he does it again
>>
>>63755106
Someone reccd destroyer to me recently

I swear some people just want to find bands that they can be like niche fans for

The most interesting thing about destroyer is like...that they're from vancouver
>>
sampled songs made in FL for 10 minutes that pretend to be 'ironic' but is actually just terrible and shouldn't exist. Like my 'song'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsGkWI_-cKg
>>
>>63755172
Oh definitely, I don't think I've ever seen a black acoustic cover. I'm just pointing out why "I hate jazz" and "I hate when niggers play jazz" are not the same phrase and one is going to offend more than the other
>>
>>63753623
>Popol Vuh
bait confirmed
>>
>>63755132
>You idiot, I literally just said I've listened to both their albums multiple times
doubt that

even if it were true you dont have to subject yourself to repeated listens of music you hate

But nothing that you say matters because joy division is objectivley good
>>
>>63755189
i quite like destroyer. which album did you listen to? destroyer's blues and kaputt are both quite enjoyable albums, as well as poison season. could get not liking the style but a lot of people like the music
>>
>>63755225
but anon, the comedian told us that its impossible to be racist against white people

:^)
>>
didnt read the thread. the worst are pop-punk bands (in the year 2016 of our lord? please leave it in 2006) and white people covering rap/rnb songs, example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWe1ngNIypI
>>
>>63753891
>it's simple so it's bad
Stick to prog wank bud
>>
>>63755304
kaputt

I mean it wasnt horrible or anything, but it didnt, in my opinion, do anything to stand out from other p4k buzzband flavor of the month stuff. I know destroyer are more than a buzzband, but when p4k hawks 5 "hot new" indie bands every month its easy for bands like destroyer, who arent bad but arent like earth shatteringly unique (my opinion) to get lost in the shuffle of garbage like real estate, tennis, girls, aireal pink, paquet courts, dirty projectors, kurt vile, tallest man on earth, etc etc etc etc etc. in my opinion all those bands are mix and match.
>>
>>63753623
sick pasta
>>
>>63755251
>MY OPINIONS ARE OBJECTIVE
Ok you fool
>>63755358
>all prog is wank
This is your average Joy Division fan.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 328x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 328x356
>>63755415
>i like fucking prog
Speaking of worst music in existance
>>
File: rebbit.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
rebbit.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>63755415
>>63755358
please stop clogging up the thread with useless flaming about joy division
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x334
>>63755454
Hey i started this thread i can defend joy division all i want
>>
>>63755441
>>63755454
>eeerrrr.. err... FEDORA
>that'll show him
>>
>>63755492
>i
>enjoy
>prog
>>
>>63753957
>>63753835
>implying that he was talking about all white music
>literally only one niche
>>It's a boring white guy covers a hip-hop song on his guitar in an attempt to make it "deep" and "meaningful" song
It literally says
"white guy covers a hip-hop song in an attempt to make it "deep"
just in case you don't actually read greentext

So, it doesn't seem like it was a bash on all "white music"
>implying there is white music
yeah there is
>>
Train. Just Train. I rarely give a shit about anything else unless they're advocating mass murder, but train is just atrocious. It's like they're that kid who always did barely enough to pass, except they're a pop group. FUUUCK THEM
>>
>>63753635
Muse are like Disturbed. They're Harmless under it all, but they're so harmless that it makes them bad. They're the safest fucking band you'll find who has fans who think they're so special.
>>
>>63755531
>yeah there is
Yeah its called hip hop

Hip hop's fanbase is predominantly white people
>>
>>63755514
haha simbly ebin habe reddit gold
>>63755568
I find both Muse and Disturbed offensively bad.
>>
>>63755598
>reddit
You're the one who listens to fucking prog bro
>>
File: Commercial Album.jpg (428 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Commercial Album.jpg
428 KB, 1000x1000
>>63755162
You need a brain to enjoy The Residents. That's the issue. That and the ability to push yourself through not liking them at first to find the message of a lot of their stuff. Speaking of bands who are unreasonably catchy...
>>
File: 81fqqH8qMnL._SL1500_.jpg (359 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81fqqH8qMnL._SL1500_.jpg
359 KB, 1500x1500
This fucking cunt. I've never been one to dismiss an artist like this, but she has nothing of value. She is a fucking industry plant and tumblr praises her like she's some kind of grassroots indie music queen. There is nothing redeemable about this fucking ogling mannequin.
>>
>>63755609
And how is proge reddit again?
More people on reddit like Joy Division than there are people who like, say, Univers zero
>>
>>63755650
What's the matter, are you too
WHITE
H
I
T
E
for hip-hop?
>>
>>63754256
Country music is a pretty lame genre to most suburbanites and urban peoples. The topics are stupid, the style is dumb, and the personalities are laughable.

But to someone who grew up on a farm, who grew up in a rural area, and who listened to country growing up loves it.

Look at what country music a 25 year old would have heard in the car - George Strait, Faith HIll, Dixie Chicks, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw. There would be older Brad Paisley, too.

What does that tell us? It was a golden era for Country music akin to Johnny Cash/Hank Williams/Dolly Parton.
Okay, not that similar, but country music was still true to what it was at that time - bluegrass-influenced music and themes, and real talent.

Now, a lot of people I know who listen to country music listen to those older artists more than a lot of current ones, since the current trend is this country-pop mix is trash.

If you don't like country, consider listening to this "Golden Era" of country music. It's fun, actually good music.
>>
>>63755650
>garbage black artist creates garbage memerap song to make a quick buck off of white teenagers
>garbage white artist creates garbage cover of garbage song to make a quick buck off of white teenagers
both parties are equally guilty
>>
>>63755664
Prog is for permavirgin MRA neckbeards who like to jerk off to "muh time signatures" "muh instrumentation" "muh theory". It's also a racist genre because the majority of prog musicians are old white people. It's further proof that old people are unable to make good music.
>>
>>63755664
>Univers zero
Hey i think you dropped something

I think its a name

Do you want it back?
>>
>>63755698
just seems like such a stale genre, completely devoid of innovation
>>
>>63755698
>>63754256
The only country music anyone will ever need is Townes Van Zandt and Ben Nichols.

I forget who the quote is attributed to, but: "The problem with country music is if it's really good, they call it folk instead."
>>
>>63755686
You mean too smart?Because its quite obvious that only subhumans listen to rap "music"
>>63755700
But its always white people like its supposed to be insult and then some even go as far as to say that white people boring.
>>
File: Marchi.jpg (39 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Marchi.jpg
39 KB, 500x250
>>63755714
>The majority of Proggers are white
But the good ones aren't ;)
>>
>>63755714
buzzwords
nice
>>63755734
What? Univers zero is the name of a belgium rock in opposition group.
>>
>>63755594
[citation needed]
what music does black people listen to?
>>
>>63755742
>and then some even go as far as to say that white people boring
Yeah, usually white people who want black people to think they're cool, and presumably have sex with their wife later

Try not to let it get to you
>>
File: jewishconspiracy.jpg (80 KB, 360x379) Image search: [Google]
jewishconspiracy.jpg
80 KB, 360x379
>>63755742
>I sure hate those fucking subhumans who have friends, go to parties and get laid! Intellectuals like me jerk off to anime and expose Jewish feminist conspiracies on /pol/!
>>
>>63755772
>what music does black people listen to?
Hip hop

But there are 40 million black people in the US, there are 220 million white people.

Given that hip hop is the dominant genre ATM, id be willing to bet that upwards of 100 million white people listen to it, maybe more
>>
>>63755760
The Mars Volta aren't even close to the best proge band you fool
They're the most /mu/core one that's for sure
>>
>>63755826
They're probably one of the most popular prog bands of the past 15 years. I'm not sure they are best, but I've enjoyed than most of what Steve Wilson's done.
>>
>>63755760
Black people who play/listen to prog only do so because of their internalized racism. They've been brainwashed by white people.
>>
>>63755826
Cardiacs, Gentle Giant, Magma, the list goes on
>>
>>63755852
So there are only two proge groups in existence right now? Coolio, didn't know that.
>>63755863
You're forgetting Henry Cow, Univers Zero, Guapo, Stormy Six, Soft Machine, Gong, Matching Mole, Hatfield and the North, Cos and a few others I can't remember
>>
>>63755826
Only tangentially related, but...

Anyone have any recs similar to De-Loused where the "prog-ness" of it is downplayed from wanky guitars and resides mostly in the drumming? Seriously, most prog I listen to I really, really dislike, but the drumming on De-Loused gives me hope.
>>
>>63755900
Go and listen to Post-hardcore, not proge
>>
>>63755777
>Try not to let it get to you
Of course it wont since im not living in America the land of Propaganda.
>>63755785
>all that that matters in life is to get laid
>im really good analisator of other people life and know that everyone who disagrees and i cant refute his point is jerking off to anime.
I love it when people like you get reck by the reality check.Also youre literal robot.
>>
>>63755890
I'm the asshole who dips his toes into genres, looks at the artists everyone talks about as being great and sometimes comes back after moving on.

>>63755900
Just listen to Relationship of Command if you can stand hardcore punk.
>>
pitchfork flavor of the month indie
>>
>>63755931
>YOU'RE JUST A MINDLESS SHEEP AND HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE GLOBAL CONSPIRACY OF JEWS AND WOMEN!
No anon, the truth is that you're a terrible person if you're not a liberal. People like you are on the wrong side of history. And you only think sex is a bad thing because you can't get laid. But don't worry, it's not your fault, it's those damn Jews!
>>
>>63755953
So basically you're the average jack of all trades, master of none. Aka /mu/drone
Don't you feel embarassed sometimes?
>>
>>63755986
like chvrches?
>>
>>63755994
>No anon, the truth is that you're a terrible person if you're not a liberal
jesus

I mean you have to understand how close-minded you sound
>>
>>63755996
No, because I still enjoy my music as much as anyone else. It's one of the better ways to accumulate good albums. I mean I still have prefs to certain genres and sub-genres like downtuned heavy black-sabbath esq. metal and hard rock like Uncle Acid, as well as Prog that doesn't like to act like it's prog like Archive or The Mars Volta.
>>
>>63755997
how new ru

but yeah bassicly
>>
>>63756061
Ive been posting here since 7000 BC
>>
Train is by far the worst music ever produced
>>
>>63753761
This has to be the worst
>I made this one on acid
>que slow, spaced out, and boring electronic shit
>>
>>63755817
How is the music white if black people made it
>>
>>63753609
Trap
All of it
>>
>>63753812
I think I saw one of these which I actually enjoyed but I can't remember what is was.
>>
>>63756218
yup
>>
>>63755890
>obscure prog bands
I like prog, but you are just a fucking hipster.
>>
>2016
>liking joy division
lel, >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>63756123
SJW B T F O

J

W

B

T

F

O
>>
>>63753609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a98XSKyE6SU
>>
>>63756440
Huh? None of those are obscure. You want obscure, try 000 and Weidorje
>>
>>63753812
nah i'm pretty sure they do that shit ironically
>>
>>63756561
Everything except Gentle Giant and Magma on that list is obscure. And maybe Soft Machine and Gong.
>>
File: 1458774959029.png (11 KB, 447x378) Image search: [Google]
1458774959029.png
11 KB, 447x378
>>63755994
>No anon, the truth is that you're a terrible person if you're not a liberal
christ, /pol/ really was right this whole time
>>
File: 1448900510736.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448900510736.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
>>
>>63756440
>>63756580
You're right, anyone who listens to music not found on the /mu/core list is such a fucking hipster. Why would you want to find new music if you could just circlejerk about the same ~200 albums over and over again? Fucking hipsters
>>
File: 1432799267354.jpg (199 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432799267354.jpg
199 KB, 1200x1200
this was p fuckin cringy
>>
>>63756580
You replied to the wrong person
And no, how are Henry fucking Cow obscure again? How are Univers Zero close to obscure?
>>
>>63756618
>>63756645
Whoops, sorry about that.

I agree with constantly discovering new musuc, but naming those bands as the best prog bands is just stupid. I mean, they're okay, but nowhere close to bands such as KC, Yes, ELP, Rush and Camel.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x297
Drake's autotune cover of Jackson Browne and Nico's These Days is the single worst thing I've ever heard
>>
>>63756645
I just asked my wife's son and he never heard about any of the bands you listed, so they're clearly obscure.
>>
>>63756678
Oh, so you're one of those stupid Anglo-prog shitters.
King Crimson > Magma > Henry Cow > Soft Machine > Univers Zero > Yes > Guapo > Gong > Camel >>>>>>>>>>> ELP > Rush
>>
>>63756738
FUCKING KEK
>>
>>63756760
Care to fill me in on what's so funny?
>>
>>63756738
y no genesis
>>
>>63756766
Your list, but it's okay, I'll fix it for you.

King Crimsin > Yes > Camel > ELP > Rush > Gentle Giant > Wishbone Ash >>>> All others inbyour post.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/rotimi-flaveney/overheated-intro Some kid at my highschool decided to rap
>>
>>63756820
Because I can't be bothered to figure out where to place them
They aren't signifcant enough in the proge canon
>>63756823
Good lord, it's another /mu/drone
>>
Coldplay
>>
>>63756820
>>63756823
Oh fuck, forgot Genesis. Goes right after Camel.
>>
>>63756836
>They aren't signifcant enough in the proge canon
are you fucking serious
>>
>>63756855
Yeah, they were basically a pop band in the land of proge
Same with Yes but at least they did something interesting with their poppy sound
>>
>>63756865
>>63756865
>>>63756855
>Yeah, they were basically a pop band in the land of proge
Other way around
>>
>>63756865
Genesis were technically superior to yes and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is one of the greatest prog albums of all time
>>
>>63756883
Get your own taste and stop miming a dumb chart you stupid /mu/core drone
>>63756892
If you haven't listened to any other proge albums maybe
>>
>>63756210
Because white people consume it
>>
>>63753609
THE WEEKEND

I can't think of a more cliche, cookie cutter pop vocalist than him
He's music legitimately hurts my ears
>>
>>63756902
>>63756902
>>>63756883 (You)
>Get your own taste and stop miming a dumb chart you stupid /mu/core drone
>muh obscure prog taste
>>
File: 2016-02-07-02-57-49.png (548 KB, 533x931) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-07-02-57-49.png
548 KB, 533x931
>>63753609
Hip-hops

they are shits

shiiiiiiiiiits
>>
>>63756939
None of those bands are remotely obscure. Ask anyone with semi decent taste and they'll tell you that.
>>
>>63756902
i've listened to Close To The Edge, Relayer, Tales Of Topographic Oceans, and all Genesis albums before and including And Then There Were Three and yes Genesis is superior. Compare Banks on The Cinema Show to Wakeman falling asleep on the organ on Close To The Edge and you'll see what i mean
>>
>>63756952
Yeah you'll need to try harder than that.
Sorry
>>
>>63756123
damn dude i agree with you but your arguing skills are shit

everyone shut the fuck up and post bad music
>>
>>63756974
give me an argument why Yes is superior then
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-00-42.png (192 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-00-42.png
192 KB, 1080x1920
>>63756950
Okay
>>
>>63756997
Why would I? You're obviously attempting to elicit some sort of semi serious reaction from me.
I simply can't be bothered to argue with this bait.
>>63757000
6000 is a lot my man

Try 000 or Corima on and see how that goes
>>
>>63756920
He's pretty fucking horrible
>>
Holy shit you two guys arguing about Joy Division is the funniest shit I've seen all week
>>
>>63757023
Just because there are even more obscure bands doesn't mean those aren't.
>>
>>63757032
Thank u
>>
>>63757032
It was actually 4 guys

Maybe 3, not sure if it was one or two guys I was arguing against
>>63757050
6000 listeners is an awful lot.
Just because you're used to your shitty /mu/core with over 20000 listeners doesn't mean that anything with less is "obscure"
>>
>>63757082
I actually go to /mu/ evety few days, usually a /g/ shitposter.
>>
>>63757023
No, i'm stating my opinion which has no reason to not be taken seriously. Instead of just saying "this opinion is autism must be bait" why don't you fucking tell me why i'm wrong
>>
>>63757082
>Maybe 3, not sure if it was one or two guys I was arguing against
It was one

It was me

Try and keep up trippy
>>
>>63757136
Then stay in your containment board faggot
>>63757151
You aren't because opinions are subjective. That is unless your opinions literally parrot /mu/core.
>>63757162
If you didn't notice there was another anon with me
so that makes it 3
>>
>>63757177
>Then stay in your containment board faggo
How about instead you just fuck off forever you prog listening newtrip
>>
>>63757177
L I T T E R A L L Y
>>
>>63754794
proge confirmed for the worst fucking tripfag to ever exist
>>
>>63757177
I listened to and appreciated both Yes and Genesis and formed my opinions about them before i even knew what /mu/ was
>>
>>63757198
Got any more buzzwords to use or have you run out of them, vir/g/in?
>>63757214
>>63757222
Sorry for hurting your precious opinions, fuckface
Want a fucking apology?
>>63757231
Which is why I said opinions are subjective. I basically supported your argument you fool
>>
>>63755441
Who fucking designed that? Look how cluttered that is. Stupid shit.
>>
File: 1459218232340.png (179 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1459218232340.png
179 KB, 500x358
>>63757241
>getting this mad
>>
>>63757296
I'm not angry my man
It's 2am and I'm saying stupid shit again
>>
>>63757241
then why did you disregard my opinion as bait. Saying that my opinion is bad without giving any argument makes you look like a complete cunt
>>
>>63757241
What is "newtrip" a buzzword now
>>
>>63757241
Edgy as fuck, aren't you worried your mom will find out you are saying such horrifying words over the internet?
I would be if I were you.
>>
i'm gay hehe
>>
RIP IN PEPPERONIS

BEST TRIP EVAR
>>
>>63757315
>this much damage control
>>
>>63757330
I didn't say it was bad. I supported you after you made a legitimate point.
Calm down.
>>63757331
Yeah it is
>>63757342
My mother doesn't care about what I say online
>>63757343
>>63757367
Time to change the passcode
>>63757368
Where?
>>
>>63757315
>magmazool
Jesus christ kid you're a walking meme
>>
>>63757343
>>63757367
Kek, well done
Stupid retard.
>>
>>63757385
Wow how the fuck did I make that mistake
Leaking my fucking tripcode online
Jesus
>>63757389
It was a fairly good password
>>63757391
Yeah like I said
2am
>>
>>63757385
ok but why is yes better than genesis in your opinion, calmly asked
>>
>>63757405
This man is a phony

I am the real proge mon, autism king
>>
>>63757427
I prefer the massive theatrics of Yes to the slightly more poppy styles of Genesis. That's it.
>>63757440
Sorry but no
>>
>>63757452
Sorry but yes

I love ege bamyasi and other assorted garbage music

See its really me
>>
>>63757481
Congrats you fucked up
Ege Bamyasi is the worst album of the Can trilogy
>>
>>63757490
They're all bad

Prog is bad

And i swear to christ if you spell it proge one more goddamn time ill actually kill you
>>
>>63757537
Fight me, Proge rock is god tier
>>
>>63757546
Its tryhard faux-intellectual wank
>>
>>63757481
>calls can garbage music
>likes drone

Nice reddit profile, faggot
>>
>>63757561
>>63757562
In case you're wondering on my actual opinions on Can I think Tago Mago is a 10/10.
But really anything beyond Future Days is garbage so
And yeah drone music is pretty cool
>>
>>63757591
there we go now my tripcode is compeltely updated
including on my computer
>>
>>63757591
>Reply
eric simply eric

keep listening to neckbeardcore fucking nerd
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-32-08.jpg (27 KB, 810x170) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-32-08.jpg
27 KB, 810x170
>>63757591
>drone music ia oretty cool
>>
>>63757622
Cool buzzwords i guess
>>63757642
Wow, you browse Know Your Meme?
Looks like you're the redditor, not me
>>
>>63757660
Your profile, faggot.
>>
>>63757678
Which, if you didn't notice, has barely even been used
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-35-00.png (284 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-20-35-00.png
284 KB, 1080x1920
>>63757660
Dealing with one of these dudes now. His sarcasm detector is so bad he didn’t even realize I was making fun of him when I replied to him with the Navy Seal copypasta.
>>
>>63757702
Ah nice, mild doxxing

I suppose you'll find my penis size somewhere if you try hard enough
>>
Van Halen and most hair metal has got to be the worst and cheesiest shit ever made.
>>
>>63757716
I probably would, but I have studying to do.
Enjoy and keep dealing with those dudes.
>>
>>63757733
Nice dubs my man
I hope you pass your upcoming finals so you can finally graduate high school
>>
Hip-hop

Lyrics are literally a teenager's wet dream. Instrumentals are usually just what's big in the electronic scene. The whole image and ego thing is laughable.

I've literally only heard maybe two noteworthy hip-hop albums ever. Everything else is complete fucking trash and it's disgusting that so many people on /mu/ fell into the hip-hop trap
>>
>>63757756
I hope so too, thanks.
>>
>>63753957
That wasn't what he was saying at all lol
>>
>>63757763
No no no this is a thread where we pay attention to me and see how many buzzwords we can use on my taste
>>63757781
np
>>
>>63754084
Did you even read his post?
>>
>>63753623

Why are Taj Mahal Travelers here but not AMM?
>>
>>63755623
praise it

my least favourite album of all time
>>
I just heard 21 pilots yesterday and that was pretty damn bad
>>
>sad slowed down covers of any remotely happy/upbeat pop song
STOP FUCKING MAKING THESE
I don't want to hear your gay version of a Proclaimers song you faggot
If you're putting that much effort into covering a song you should just write your own one.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.