[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never understood how people can enjoy certain music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1459272377661.png (152 KB, 432x474) Image search: [Google]
1459272377661.png
152 KB, 432x474
I've never understood how people can enjoy certain music groups. Every time I find a good song, I look up the group, and the rest of the songs are completely different and bad. I've always enjoyed music not based on genre, group, lyrics, etc, but just on the song alone and what emotions it conveys. Anyone else feel the same way? Am I just autistic?
>>
>>63774864
>Am I just autistic?
yes. You'll have to accept at some point that it's better if artists don't make the same song over and over again
>>
>>63774954
Well, don't you follow a group because of a specific style or theme?
>>
>>63774993
Yes, but generally those are broad enough to allow an artist's discography to fit under it, not so narrow it only allows a specific type of song.

Besides, (the extent to which this is true varies a lot by artist), artists often release full albums that are meant to be listened to from start to finish, so you would judge artists based on those, rather than on single songs. Typically the more an artist seems to focus on making single good songs, it indicates that they care more about commercial success (getting radio play and getting on the charts) than creating lasting works of art that will be remembered and taken seriously.

This is very true in rock and hip-hop; not so much in electronic music.
>>
>>63775152
Oh and another thing; the things you look for in music are what they are right now; but that doesnt mean that they will be, or that they should be, the same in the future. It's good to be challenged by music. Expanding your horizons is very rewarding.
>>
Where is my Max bros...? ;_;
>>
>>63775179
In the trash with their trash waifu.
>>
File: 1458988186549.jpg (47 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
1458988186549.jpg
47 KB, 760x428
>>63775186
You did not just say that.
>>
>>63775152
Good points dude. Not OP, but I just wanted to show some appreciation for a well thought out reply
>>
>>63775186
You suck
>>
>>63775224
Thanks man. I was about to nust respond with ">not listening to full albums" or ">being this pleb" but I figured that's the cancer killing /mu/.
>>
>>63774864
I can see where you're coming from. There'll be times when I find a certain song with a certain quality that makes me like it, only to find the rest of that band's songs don't have whatever that quality was. Can't apply it to every group though.
>>
>>63774864
I find myself doing this with albums,I will take of Montreal as an example.
>>
>>63774864
I did have this attitude years ago, I grew out of it. Really it stems from a lack of interest in music,
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.