[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Local music scenes.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: support-local.jpg (34 KB, 412x230) Image search: [Google]
support-local.jpg
34 KB, 412x230
Are you part of your local music scene? How healthy is the local music scene in your city? What genres/gigs are most popular in your areas?
>>
i would have to drive hours to ATL for anything decent
>>
We used too have a really strong music scene here but it basically died over a few years. 10 years ago we would get international bands and artists every week, now an international act might visit the city once every few months or so.

For some reason people don't stay up late anymore. When I started going out, I wouldn't even get out too a gig until 12:00am 1:00am, now these days you'll struggle too find a venue that stays open past 2:00am.

>What genres/gigs are most popular in your areas?

Mostly Psytrance and DnB these days. But those happen mostly at illegal parties out on some farm somewhere or deep in the bush.

Canberra Australia btw.
>>
well i live in brooklyn so
>>
>>63654504
Baby's All Right gang gang
>>
Manchester NH's is fucking toxically clique-y and incestuos. Don't expect much help or friendship from other bands if yours comes through the area. There is a weirdly strong grind scene here though.

If you go to a little out of your way to Boston, the hard stuff gets a lot less interesting and more inbred-sounding, but at least there's all the jazz and classical coming out of Berkley.
>>
I don't go out anymore, but fuck me dead I used to love going to industrial gigs and goth events.

Not for the music or even to dance, but to sit back and just watch the events of the night unfold.

Goths are legitimately fucking INSANE, watching a goth night unfold is like some TV drama.

So first, Goths are mostly incredibly socially awkward/autistic nerds with properly sever mental illnesses. The goth scene is very heirarchical and very elitist, so you basically have these autistic as fuck nerds, subconsciously roleplaying these ultra-pretentious, elitist characters trying to one up each other and it creates the best drama.

You will see girls on purpose all try to sleep with each others boyfriends then purposely get caught or call it out then get into fist fights on the dance floor, you will have DJ's who can't DJ for complete shit act like they are the second coming of christ and won't even acknowledge your existence unless you are near the top of the social hierarchy, every 5 minutes there would be someone in tears or a boyfriend breaking up with his girlfriend or whatever. You would see people have complete mental breakdowns. Crazy levels of paranoid, it was truly complete chaos.

One of the things is as well is that Goths are highly antagonistic and violent. I would often see them get into fight they themselves started with other punters/people walking past the club etc.

Such fun.
>>
anyone else from upstate new york/the capitol region? i'm involved with a diy venue but honestly i don't know how much of a scene we have. most of the bands that get booked are from brooklyn/western mass or random places upstate. what we do have is mostly shitty hardcore it seems, also some "indie"/shoegaze stuff.
>>
>>63654583
wow is it suddenly 2002
>>
>>63654437
I moved to Phoenix from Philadelphia a while ago and I gotta say...Phoenix has an almost non-existent local scene. There's a bunch of bands performing in arenas and maybe some small venues here and there, but it's dead compared to Philadelphia.
Philly had a lot of experimental acts, lo-fi rock, hip-hop, and a surprising amount of Whirr-type generic shoegaze. There was also a fair amount of TR/ST-esque electronic stuff going on.
One guy tried to be Merzbow and it failed miserably. People threw empty cans at him.
I miss it a lot.
>>
>>63654636
Not far off, 2005-2008.
>>
File: 1451404169364.jpg (181 KB, 402x348) Image search: [Google]
1451404169364.jpg
181 KB, 402x348
Augusta's scene is mostly rock and emo punk music. Me and my friends are trying to get a hip hop collective together since most of the artists around here do not fuck with each other.
>>
>>63654437
quite involved in the perth , australia music scene

there's quite alot of decent psych rock , but the stoner/doom/drone scene consists of about 3 bands.
>>
loads of indie rock, experimental, heavy metal in all it's form. fairly healthy , best city in canada music wise.
>>
My immediate area scene is so shit. It's all pizza core pop punk. I can be in Manhattan/ Brooklyn in under an hour though and that is great.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.