[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related worth listening to if I like both early era and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: mid period scott walker.jpg (40 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
mid period scott walker.jpg
40 KB, 550x550
Is pic related worth listening to if I like both early era and late era Scott Walker?
>>
>>63628694
most definitely
it's a good 'transition period' of sorts between the two
>>
>>63628694
gonna hop on cause i've been thinking about it

where should i start with him if i've never heard him before? chronologically?
>>
>>63629276
>chronologically?
I'd recommend this order:
Scott 1
Scott 2
Scott 3
Scott 4
Til The Band Comes In (Not required)
The Walker Brothers - Nite Flights (first 4 tracks only)
Climate Of Hunter
Tilt
The Drift
Bish Bosch

Then Soused if you want, then there's some loose end stuff that can be found on the comp/boxset Five Easy Pieces.
I wouldn't recommend the albums The Moviegoer, Any Day Now, Stretch and We Had It All. That's just crap he didn't want to record. This list may seem a lot, but it's really worth hearing his transition through music.
>>
>>63629276
>chronologically
yes but skip everything he did between 1972 and 1974
>>
>>63629363
>>63629391
sweet
thanks guys.
>>
That's his best after Mellow Gold and Oddelay
>>
>>63629363
Another anon.

Never seen this guy before, but so far it's really enjoyable. Thinks /mu/ for showing me another great musician.
>>
>>63629424
i would also recommend listening to The Walker Brothers Best Of, they have some amazing songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11ium_-Lv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc27KnCZFKg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZTS9H-l5qQ
>>
>>63628694
is that the AIDS version of Harrison Ford?
>>
>>63630353
how far into it are you?
>>
>>63629276
listen to bish bosch 20 times in a row over a three day period, sleeping during the day waking at night.
then do the same with tilt and the drift
only way 2 do it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.