[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, it's taken a few months, but I finally have everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So, it's taken a few months, but I finally have everyone in my band on board with my nonsense.

We're going to do an extended range tech-death cover of a famous progressive rock song as the beginning of the next chapter of our extended career suicide.

Got some ideas to bounce and questions to ask though, /mu/ -

>Fretless or fretted bass for the most part of an album that would follow suit of something like Arsis or Archspire covering Yes? I plan on using both, but not sure where to lead the material yet.

-Would adding keys and cello add to this, or am I just trying too hard at that point?

-If we get picked up for a Japanese release, what other 70's-80's prog songs do you think could stand up to a harder approach? They'll want bonus tracks.
>>
so you're not writing your own material?
>>
>>66506779
We've got a double album more or less ready to go, following the single album we're releasing in a month.

We're thinking about some ideas for an EP to shop to bigger labels, and also for bonus tracks... something to show off our hard work in the woodshed, but that would be at least somewhat recognizable as music.
>>
>>66506844
well first you need to make your writing more clear, as it is currently jumbled and confusing.

let's start with,

>extended range tech-death

what does this mean exactly?

and I assume you mean the bit about career suicide ironically?
>>
>>66506935
nvm just googled the genre. my question would then be, do the melodies remain melodic or are they growled? can you post samples of your work?
>>
literally what
>>
>>66506935
>>66506973

>extended range tech death
Death metal, with a fast, yet progressively oriented attitude toward percussion... probably with 6 strings on the bass, and 7 on the guitars on this particular release... and at least one floor tom / gong drum tuned to H.

>career suicide
This particular band is an outlet for our frustrations and a way to show of our abilities. We're not doing too poorly with it considering, but we'll never sell a gold album with this nonsense... maybe the things we do under different names.

>melodies
Some vocal hooks will be sung. We've been working on our harmonies and vocal ranges. I've probably added half an octave since recording the album we're releasing soon.

>Samples
no... I like my anonymity on here. Just because I'm paranoid, yada yada yada... Check Arsis and Black Crown Initiate. We're somewhere in that area of the circulatory system.

>>66507008
1. Should I focus on fretless bass?
2. Should I add other instruments I/we can play, or is that just showing off?
3. Can you think of any prog songs that could be arranged for the heavier end of metal?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468375581244.jpg (53 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468375581244.jpg
53 KB, 720x405
>>
>>66507303
How did you find our album cover?
>>
>>66507226
>1. Should I focus on fretless bass?
Yes, absolutely.
>2. Should I add other instruments I/we can play, or is that just showing off?
Cello would be cool.
>3. Can you think of any prog songs that could be arranged for the heavier end of metal?
Tech-Death 2112 plz.
>>
Genesis - Return of the Giant Hogweed
Genesis - Watcher of the Skies
VDGG - Lemmings
are some songs that could be interesting

What song are you doing in the first place?
>>
>>66507423
Domo Arigato

2112 is in the runnings actually... probably as a one-off live performance as an opening act.

>>66507455
WATCHER! YES!!!

It's going to be Rush. Probably off of Kings. There are a few to choose from still, but I'm trying to push the guys toward one (that I already recorded bass and vocals for, and did up all of the scratch tracks by myself because I'm pushy like that)
>>
Bass leads, yay or nay?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.