[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Victor Wooten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: huge_avatar.jpg (50 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
huge_avatar.jpg
50 KB, 300x300
Havent seen one of these so lets get a Victor thread going.
Whats your Favourite work from victor wooten?
I really like his work with Bela Fleck and Steve Bailey.
>>
>>66506390
>black guy plays bass
>>
>>66506406
>Black guy plays bass at incredilbe fast speed
haha fuck you man this guys playing is so original and he can work around anything.
>>
>>66506446
>black people are faster than white people
>>
Does /mu/ just dismiss music when it is made by a black person?
>>
>>66506390
yes, the Flecktones thing is his best, or in a personal opinion is the project where he can play, enjoy and give some nice time to the audience.
>>
>>66506520
Yeah i like how he really gets involved with the audience, Especially these days. Pretty cool how he travels the world doing workshops for bass players too. Has he done much else other than the flecktones and all his instructional videos?
>>
I used to be really into him when I was twelve. Haven't even thought about him since.
>>
>>66506790
Well then you must have moved on to some fucking good shit then if the Flecktones bores you.
Post links faggot
>>
I'll share with you one of my favorite youtube videos of all times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx5Qd6uEWq8&list=PLvoiUZvz8WGarCNPjGepgkz9lAQAeLi9M&index=1
>>
>>66506972
Yes this is my favourite Bela song too, Jeff Coffin is too good on that horn.
Im not a big fan of the dave matthews band but this is some of jeffs best work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gIlLOowyP0
>>
Me and a buddy met him at one of those workshops. He had some really sick jams and a lot of sound advice. All around quality dude.
>>
>>66507121
holy shit that's another one of my favorite videos...well in my case I'm a DMB fan. I remember seeing that like 5 years ago and immediately fell for it, Carter and Jeff make a really good duel.
check this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kApHXHWRhig
skip to the 6min mark for Jeff solo
>>
>>66507250
I like what ive heard from the dave matthews band i just havent heard enough of them and i dont like the look of dave matthews, looks like an asshole to me idk lol.
>>
>>66507547
haha well he kind of is because of all that weed he smoke, but basically the whole band is pretty great, but to be fair Carter kind of stands out
check the drum solo at the 9min mark and the outro
>>
>>66507689
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJEygqUKcvs
>>
>>66507689
Yeah im a big fan of carter even tho ive only watched like 3 DMB videos. Reminds me of Billy Cobhams style but Billy Cobham is getting a bit old so hes having to slow down quite a bit.
desu it should be called the Carter Beauford Band.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.