[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is entry level as shit, but where do I go from here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: brandnew.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
brandnew.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
I know this is entry level as shit, but where do I go from here? I really enjoy this album.
>>
>>66505863
same anon

discovered them 8ish years back and never really "moved" to anyone else in related genres. no band of similar style was able to captivate me as brand new did.
>>
>>66505863
Obviously The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me if you haven't already.

Also, I'd say give this a shot:
https://youtu.be/1l4Bd3LFAJg?t=5m51s
>>
Modest Mouse. They're touring together for a reason.
>>
People will point to all sorts of bands from that period as recommendations to move on to, but I've still never found anyone else. I'd give Circa Survive a thoughtful listen as well, though they're really nothing alike aside from lyrics. Kevin Devine and Manchester Orchestra were often tourmates, so give them both a try (I'm partial to MO personally, as they always perform as well as Brand New an have not had a bad release to date).

As far as modern bands go, give Basement and Citizen a try and go from there. Citizen scratched that BN itch for a week until I got tired of their stuff and haven't listened to it since. Once you've listened to those, there's a long trail of related artists you may or may not connect with depending on your preferences.

In terms of branching out to other genres, I feel the more melancholy side of BN aligns pretty well with the slowcore movement of the 90's and 00's, so give Codeine, Red House Painters, Cat Power, and Low a good listen to. As far as the more energetic side of BN,there always TBS's first three albums and all the bands they toured with at the time. While lyrically hit or miss, give Bayside a chance, as well as Glassjaw. Honorable Mention goes to Balance and Composure who don't really fit, but REALLY gave off a BN vibe when they came to town years ago.

But of course, you could always step into Jesse's shoes and listen to his idol, Morrissey.
>>
>>66506216
Pretty much this. You could check out Thrice as well, especially their new album. Maybe Interpol.
>>
>>66505863
I wish there were more albums like it. It depends on what you like about Deja Entendu, but I like Title Fight's Floral Green and Hyperview and they don't often get mentioned. Citizen's Youth is a good rec, and Taking Back Sunday and The World Is a Beautiful Place kind of take me to the same zone as Deja.
>>
>>66506268
I meant to mention Thrice but I'm too flighty to keep a thought where I plan for it to go. Thrice is a great rec, though I admit I did not like the new album. The Artist and the Ambulance would be my reccomendation, though I know plenty of people who feel Vheissu surpassed it. Also give the first Saosin album (ep maybe?) and most recent a listen. Everything in between is shit, but imo everything Anthony Green touches turns to gold, and he killed it on the most recent album.

You know what, I'm gonna throw in an off the wall rec that has nothing to do with Brand New but they were popular in my local scene with the Brand New crowd, and that's Dr. Manhattan. They're on Bandcamp, go in with an open mind. They're still one of my favorite shows to see when they rarely come in town.
>>
>>66506514
Yeah I should have phrased it better, the new album isn't very Brand New but I enjoyed it a lot. I'll have to check out Dr. Manhattan, thanks.
>>
>>66505863
Envy
they're more scremo generic in their early years but then they kinda went indie rock later on
>>
>>66506398
Shit recs my man
>>66505863
Check out texas is the reason op or how it feels to be on something
>>
File: listemorevivalstuff.jpg (814 KB, 1530x1530) Image search: [Google]
listemorevivalstuff.jpg
814 KB, 1530x1530
>>66505863

Bro, please let me direct you this way
>>
>>66508640
>Neutral Milk Hotel
holy kek
>>
>>66508640
One of these things is not like the others. Mostly good list, just trash that Saosin album
>>
>>66508640
nothing to do with deja
>>
>>66508640
Also Rooms of the House. And like the other dude said, fuck's up with ITAOTS?
>>
>>66508640
>>66508724

this, but make sure you listen to Foxing's 'The Albatross.'
>>
>>66505863
you got a long way to go man, good luck.
>>
File: i want to die.jpg (947 KB, 1463x1635) Image search: [Google]
i want to die.jpg
947 KB, 1463x1635
>>
>>66506034
did you see them? I'm going in a week and wondering what it will be like
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.