[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As much as I love 2004 Smile, why does it sound like fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg (60 KB, 354x352) Image search: [Google]
Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg
60 KB, 354x352
As much as I love 2004 Smile, why does it sound like fucking karoke music with vocals? The 1967 Smile has this reverby fuzzy atmosphere to it and everything sounds great.

Was it just due to the quality of recording instruments back then?
>>
>>66505328
SMiLe is nothing more than a historical oddity. It is interesting to see an LSD addled schizophrenic produce music. But I certainly wouldn't wish for even my worst enemy to listen to this toddler's buffet.
>>
i'm literally on the exact same page holy shit like 1967 just feels so much more right

OP was not a faggot today
>>
>>66505431
But the trip fag was unfortunately >>66505421
>>
>>66505421
SMiLE was on CLT's original patrician list, you miserable embryo.
>>
File: laughing_beatles.jpg (29 KB, 566x393) Image search: [Google]
laughing_beatles.jpg
29 KB, 566x393
>unfinished backing tracks

Nice """"""""""album""""""""""
>>
>>66506178
Most of the songs are completed though
>>
>>66506178
man are you butthurt that the majority of patricians think that the beach boys shit on the beatles
>>
File: lusty_negro_attitudes.png (131 KB, 293x308) Image search: [Google]
lusty_negro_attitudes.png
131 KB, 293x308
>>66506712
The fact that so many patricians still name the Beach Boys as "greatest or more significant or more influential" than the Beatles only tells you how far patricianhood still is from becoming a serious art.
>>
>>66505817
So your point is he is a hypocritical faggot?
>>
>>66506780
It's not the real CLT you retard.
>>
>>66506871
As I never previously gave a fuck, I was not aware of this. Thanks.
>>
>>66506964
What's with all these newfriends posting with trips? There's always a wave of them but holy shit this wave is by far full of the most retards
>>
>>66507370
I've been posting as an anon for several years actually.
>>
>>66507439
keep it that way
>>
>>66505421
>But I certainly wouldn't wish for even my worst enemy to listen to this toddler's buffet.

What aspects of it make it a "toddler's buffet"? Lol there are themes of coming of age and childhood I guess, but musically it's pretty sophisticated, maybe you're conflating the more wistful elements with juvenility?
>>
>>66507439
Yet you don't know who CLT is? Lol yeah I doubt you've been on /mu/ longer than 3 months
>>
>>66507471
Thanks for the advice, but I obviously haven't.
>>
>>66507523
I don't attention to most trips, preferring to focus on what they say. You obviously don't feel the same.
>>
>>66505421
>>66507492

I for one would love to listen to something that sounds like a "toddler's buffet." I never understand criticism like this. Like when people deride something as "carnival/carousel/circus" music. Or this Music Tapes review:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5524-1st-imaginary-symphony-for-nomad/

>Can any record with baby noises really ever be any good? Okay, how about a record with baby noises, car honks, steamship blurts, banjo plucking, tape hiss, a heartbeat, crackling ocean waves, a Muppet- voiced guy whispering into a four track, and a man declaring "Beware the Ocean of Faces!" Okay, how about all of those elements in one song?

You had me at steamship blurts desu
>>
File: bw-mikepls.png (131 KB, 672x888) Image search: [Google]
bw-mikepls.png
131 KB, 672x888
>>66505421
>toddler buffet
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.