[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What modern artists would Patrick listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: aasdf.png (1011 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
aasdf.png
1011 KB, 1080x810
What modern artists would Patrick listen to?
>>
Taylor Swift
>>
>>66504793
Adele
>>
literally any popular music that gets good reviews
>>
he'd need some music that was kind of mediocre yet iconic. Taylor Swift I guess?
>>
Bland yet popular pop music that's easy to like ironically like the new Radiohead album
>>
Maroon 5
>>
>>66504793
What do yuppies listen to today anyway?
>>
>>66504993
Foster the People
>>
>>66504893
Holy fucking shit dude
>>
I would love to see what kind of pretentious monologue he would delve into when critiquing Kanye West
>>
>>66505093
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=jYd87JwZwFU
>>
>>66504793
Probably Death Grips since they are very popular and fucked up for his needs.
>>
File: eh.png (1 MB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
1 MB, 1080x810
?
>>
>>66506124
>censored
Why senpai?
>>
>>66506124
In '14, Stefan released this, Niggas on the Moon, their most accomplished album.
>>
kesha
>>
>>66505985
but the point of him liking Huey Lewis and stuff is that they aren't fucked up, they are completely ordinary, middle of the pack popular musicians that he uses to fit in.
>>
>>66506185
don't want to get banned dude
>>
File: 1414535322872.jpg (8 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
1414535322872.jpg
8 KB, 200x237
>>66506124
Kekd
>>
>>66506391
Very true, same for Phil Collins and Whitney Houston but not many come to par with them two artists. Phil anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZ8xI9YykY

If that helps though. :^)
>>
>>66506433
everyone likes Phil Collins though. Bateman's main downfall is that he overanalyses the music, because he can't help it, meaning that even though he likes it to fit in, there's still that little detail stopping him from fitting in, as there is with everything that he does.
>>
>>66506749
And the current age a lot of people do like Death Grips, people don't see the meaning of Death Grips, you know the average listeners that don't get it, he could over-analyse their music too cause they are quite the controversial band. Also, true, Phil is a powerhouse from Genesis to his own work, can't hate a man for being good at what he does, haha.
>>
>>66504793
Bret Easton Ellis already said he'd be obsessed with Katy Perry and Coldplay.
>>
>>66504941

Totally this.
>>
>>66506987
I don't know, Death Grips are popular don't get me wrong but when the general public look back on the 2010s, they'll see Coldplay and Taylor Swift and Bruno Mars more than DG. Him liking DG now would be like him enjoying Kraftwerk back in the day. Not many of the general public know Kraftwerk, but they're not exactly unpopular.
>>
>>66507330
Hah, very vague but strong statement, you can say that but artist's like them have no real meaning if you ask me, I think that's what Patrick would enjoy more, music with meaning to talk about before ya know, having more limbs in the freezer. Maybe Ed Sheeran could clench that thirst.
>>
File: 1393472697151.jpg (106 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1393472697151.jpg
106 KB, 640x480
>>
>>66507396
the whole meaning thing is why the Huey Lewis segment is so abstract though. No one gives a shit about the meaning or significance of Fore or Hip to be Square, but he makes one. This middle of the pack music has no meaning to most, and the off putting detail about Patrick Bateman in regards to this is that he makes a meaning by overanalysing.
>>
>>66507489 I get ya, I just think the songs that Taylor and Bruno does are very outspoken of the meaning, Coldplay though, would be quite interesting thing to see him speculate about, maybe Radiohead could work too, who knows. haha.
>>
>>66504941
yes
>>
Wilco
>>
>>66504893
By that notion Radiohead's entire discography is bland

AMSP is Radiohead's best work in ages
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.