[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that in music, influential=good? I mean I can think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 330.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
330.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
Do you think that in music, influential=good? I mean I can think of a few artists who would be considered influential that I don't think are "good", at least by today's standards. Thoughts?
>>
>>66502924
He made amazing pop music. But really is better than most music today.
>>
>>66502924
Hitler was influential
>>
If it was influential it was good at some point, and if it was good at some point, it's good forever

The real question is, whom was it directly influential to?

Elvis was really good, by the way.
>>
>>66502967
I said "in music"
>>
>>66502967
And he was great
>>
>>66502996
This. No other single individual did more to kill the cancers that are fascism and nationalism.
>>
Elvis was great, OP.
>>
>>66502924
Fuck this guy.
He was the first boyband with annoying love lyrics
His only good song was Suspicious Minds.
>muh love
>muh quirky
>muh underaged waifu
Bloody mother forcing me to a documental of this "pure image" ball when by the time he was trying to get relevant Lou Reed was pushing the genre foward and foward.
Fuck you pelvis.
>>
Elvis fell way downhill after he cut back on his rockabilly roots. His Sun recordings were wonderful, and most of his 50's stuff is good. But after that he was shit.
>>
>>66502924
>Do you think that in music, influential=good?
Yes, because any other measure of "good" or "bad" is subjective and depends on the listener.
>>
>>66503607
Wrong.
>>
>implying Presley isn't good

you fucking jews.
>>
>>66503110
>mfw Hitler is a time traveller from a dimension where WW2 never happened and Europe kept on fighting itself forever
>>
>>66502924
"By today's standards"
Do you think that age = good?
Elvis is fucking good bro, not just because he's influential. The music he sings is well written and he had a great voice.
>>
>>66503836
Suspicious minds
Burning love
If I can dream

What's wrong with you man?
>>
>>66504626
>well written
Tbf, lots of even his better songs were pretty trite compositions but his performance were usually great. Some of his stuff(particularly into his later career) was good for reasons other than his vocal. You compare some of his earlier stuff with like the generic blues progressions and boring arpeggiation in the arrangement to something like Suspicious Minds, there's just a massive gulf with regards to the songwriting but his vocals were almost always well done.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.