[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a shitty situation right now, halp /mu/ I joined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
I'm in a shitty situation right now, halp /mu/

I joined this band almost four years ago, we released an album, we're playing pretty big festivals lately and things are generally looking good.
The problem is I don't really like our first album, I had hopes other members would grow up musically a little bit, but they are in the same mindset and they refuse to try anything else, so the new material is pretty much Album1-v2.0.

BUT they are also my only real friends, and we're like brothers, everywhere but in the rehersal space, when it gets down to the actual music. I've been feeling really bad for the last year or so, what could I do?
I know just leaving the band is really the best option, but I love most of them too much to do that
>>
can you link me to your first album?
>>
>>66497548
prove you're right to the band by writing a bunch of really good songs on your own, and see if they want to play them.
>>
>>66497570
I'd like to keep it as much anon as possible, sorry

>>66497619

Did that, even made a home recording setup so it actually souds decent, they just kinda ignore most of it (the drummer always comments stuff tho, even if he doesn't like it)
>>
>>66497685
you've got to communicate with them, sit them down and say you want to move the band forward with these new sounds you have. Have you had a proper band meeting and explained all this?
>>
>>66497548
what genre is the band
>>
>>66497548
FUCKING
TALK
TO
THEM

seriously, if you're just honest with them about the way in which you want to grow the band's sound and you're not a complete dickhead about it then they'll come around

you will probably have to compromise on the sound though since these guys have been eating off what was on Album #1 and that's a hard bond to break. It's extremely tempting to want to put out more of the same and not take creative risks when you're sure that your fanbase will eat it up, but in the long term taking those risks will pay off by stopping your band from stagnating musically.
>>
>>66497548
talk to them
if they dont come around leave the band if they're really your brothers you guys will stay close
>>
>Try to guess OP's shitty band

My guess is One Direction
>>
>>66499063
Take mine back they released more than 1 album
>>
>>66498703
This
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.