[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is worse? Neofolk that pretends to be martial industrial,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Black_Sun.png (15 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Black_Sun.png
15 KB, 220x220
Which is worse?
Neofolk that pretends to be martial industrial, or power electronics that pretends to be martial industrial?

I mean how hard can it be to just program a marching beat in your drum machine, loop a sample of your favorite German symphony and sing in a macho voice over it? That's literally all that's required to make martial industrial, and yet there's plenty of fuckheads who think that a WW2-themed album art and Hitler speech samples are enough to instantly turn their harsh noise farts and acoustic wankery into martial industrial.

But, once again, which of the two is worse?
>>
>>66497099
No, we need to go deeper. I want vaginal juice special edition vinyl gatefolds. I want bras covered in spew from a wild night at The Brits. We need to sexualise pop stars MORE, find little whores who are willing to do anything just to sell records. And actually make the music sexy too.
>>
why would either pretend to be martial industrial when both neofolk and PE are better than that?
>>
>>66497217
I don't fucking know man but there are tons of neofolk and power electronics that market themselves as martial industrial.
>>
It's all bad, none of those wannabe gothic faggots have ever been in the military
>>
>>66497518
yeah because the military is for the lowest of the low artless subhumans

only the aesthetic of it is worth anything
>>
all of those things are just umbrella terms OP

I don't think bands purposely try to adhere to a single genre
>>
>>66497536
Kill yourself
>>
>>66498047
The army takes young men who are willing to fight to the death, and does everything it can to prevent them from being heroes.
>>
I don't see anything wrong with incorporating elements of marching music into other genres. Of course it's pretty repetitive but there's enough variation to keep it interesting. I think Rome do a great job of fusing neofolk and martial industrial, especially in Flowers From Exile. I think power electronics generally takes less effort to make though so I'd have to go with that for being worse.
>>
>>66498047
>Kill yourself
but anon, he just said he's not in the military
>>
Shitpost repost
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.