[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird to not really watch anime, but to absolutely love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: sol-fa.jpg (183 KB, 948x948) Image search: [Google]
sol-fa.jpg
183 KB, 948x948
Is it weird to not really watch anime, but to absolutely love Japanese music? I've been listening to Dir en Grey since the pre-Vulgar era, and apparently Ling Tosite Sigure has a song of theirs as the opening for psycho or whatever...

I mean, I guess FLCL was pretty good, but I kind of prefer manga to anime always, every time, despite The Pillows being an absolutely lovely fit for that anime.

What are some of /mu/'s favorite Japanese musicians, and how did you discover them?
>>
no it just makes you not a weaboo
>>
>>66494913
no

get some taste in jap music tho
>>
>>66494913
No, there's plenty of Japs that hate anime
>>
File: japanesemusic2.png (2 MB, 2313x1600) Image search: [Google]
japanesemusic2.png
2 MB, 2313x1600
No, I'm kind of similar. Anime is a niche hobby even there, and there's a stigma if you watch it as an adult. Normal Japanese culture is considered fascinating worldwide, it's not really a unique case. I recommend getting to work on this chart, there's a lot of actually great music you can listen to that's not from anime OSTs.
>>
>>66494972
I was just trying to use some well known examples, anon.

It's not like I'm some silly faggot nigger looking to get suggestions just handed to me because I realized my Japanese folder is barely over double digits worth of artists or anything like that.

>>66495034
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
>>
Fishmans, Boredoms, Boris, Flower Travellin' Band, Ryuichi Sakamoto

I'd say I strongly dislike anime, manga, and anything else generally associated with otaku culture though
>>
>>66495034
I'm really happy Number Girl is on here. I found Num-heavymetallic at Cheapos, like, 8 years ago and fell in love.
>>
>>66494913

Please don't feel a need to love anime.
Weaboos either have the shallowest tastes possible, or are Death Grips-listening internet addicts.

I got into jap music through Melt-Banana, Midori, and Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, because /mu/ praises the shit out of them.

t. internet addict
>>
>>66494913
Where's the best place to torrent and download these kinds of albums btw?
>>
File: soulseek-online-bigblue.png (905 B, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
soulseek-online-bigblue.png
905 B, 256x256
>>66496983
Always soulseek.
>>
>>66497009
>soulseek
How's it work though?
>>
>>66497034
Download the client, pick a random username and password, share one folder if you want, and then just start searching and downloading shit. It's very easy.
>>
>>66496983
Spotify
>>
>>66495034
this is really hepful dare i ask if there a korean core or any other language chart i could have if at all possible much love
>>
File: japanesemusic.jpg (2 MB, 2686x4994) Image search: [Google]
japanesemusic.jpg
2 MB, 2686x4994
>>66497120
Here's another Japanese chart. I think there's one for Korea but the only one I know is K-Pop.
>>
I find anime pathetic.
Yet I really like the bands mentioned here
>>66495157
>>66495312
>>66496476
and others like Nujabes, toe, Guiro, Kinoko Teikoku, Tokyo Shoegazer and a few other japanese shoegaze bands.
>>
>>66497057
Ah I get you. Thanks! I've been wanting something like this for a while.
>>
>>66497034
>>66497057

There's only one thing that might require technical knowledge. After you install soulseek, go to Options -> Login -> Check Ports. Hopefully your listening port will be open, but otherwise you'll have to learn how to port forward.
>>
>>66497165
thank you for the info
>>
>>66495034
>>66497165
Stop showing weaboos asian music, it's not for them.
>>
This is the greatest live performance ever. bloodthirsty butchers do not get the recognition they deserve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ema_ZFg2lEY
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.