[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 55870-wildflower.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
55870-wildflower.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
Thoughts /mu/?
>>
>Mmm yes I must say Frankie Sinatra is indubitably one of the most sublime works of plunderphonic sound I have ever heard. What's that Madame? Electro swing? Heavens, no! That is the dirge of the lowly troglodyte. It is far from the purview of the masterful composers collectively known as the Avalanches.
>>
9/10
>>66493111
kill yourself, do you have nothing to do all day but shitpost you pathetic person
>>
AHHHHH FRANKIE SINATRA
>>
prob 9/10 but i need to listen a few more times. way better than it has any right to be and flows as a record very well. surprised about the amount of guests and the rap can be abrasive but overall just fucking awesome.
>>
No.
>>
>>66492994
6/10 features kill it.
>>
Just gonna bash some facts out for you lads in case you're not straight
>Frankie Sinatra is a good song, and it's fun
>Wildflower is actually AOTY by a mile
>It's just slightly worse than SILY
>the features MAKE the album, and the Wozard of Iz is enriched by DB's appearance, fracturing the flow of the song and introducing other samples other than the Tommy James one
>the second half and first half are both as good as each other
>the reason plebs dislike the album is because it doesn't have so many linear, dance-oriented songs and actually requires even the smallest amount of patience to let Wildflower sink in
>>
File: rabbit.png (203 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
rabbit.png
203 KB, 500x372
A H H H
H
H
H
>>
Currently about a 6.5/10 but it definitely warrants more listens. The first 6 tracks (especially Frankie and Subways) are great. I kind of wish they took a Gorillaz approach to it and incorporated vocalists on most of, if not all the tracks.
>>
>>66493813
then it would be a Gorillaz album

and Gorillaz are fucking wank
>>
9/10

The Noisy Eater doesn't belong on the album though. It's a fun song but it disrupts the flow of the album. I made my own version where I mixed Zap! straight into Wildflower and it flows so much better.
>>
I'm not a big fan of The Avalanches, but I really like it, and so do my roommates. It's easily my AOTY so far. Harmony, Colours, Kaleidescope Lovers, Wozard of Iz, and Saturday Night Inside Out are all wonderful tracks and the album has a gorgeous atmosphere to it. The only track that really bothers me is Noisy Eater
>>
even worse than Since I Left You
>>
File: 1464943143145.jpg (209 KB, 593x593) Image search: [Google]
1464943143145.jpg
209 KB, 593x593
The perfect album to listen to while performing maintenance on my steampunk fedora.
>>
>>66492994
All pretty good, not as cohesive as SILY
let out an audible wtf at the noisy eater though
>>
>>66493898
I can see how The Noisy Eater might be love/hate but personally I think it's awesome. The Avalanches never took themselves too seriously and I think Biz Markie on that track really epitomizes that fact.

It's the Yellow Submarine of their discography, for better or worse.
>>
What's with all the hate for the noisy eater? It's easily one of the better feature tracks
>>
>>66494947
>Wildflower
>Feature tracks
>Good
Kek
>>
>>66494947
It's absolutely awful imo
>>
>>66492994
it's a bad meme and you should all be ashamed for liking it

>>66493796
>>66493696
>>66493898

t.sperg
>>
>>66495326
>current year
>tripfagging
Consider suicide, Mr. Special Snowflake
>>
>>66495438
that's a great insult anon, let me know how it goes listening to terrible music and never seeing a vagina :')
>>
>>66495476
Funny, coming from someone calling himself "fred durst".
>>
>>66495549
>not realizing fred durst is one of the greatest artists of the current era
>the current year of our lord and savior

seriously who the fuck are you
>>
W I L D F L O W E R > S I L Y
>>
>>66495326
>he doesn't like it when he gets dropped some cold, hard truths
>>
Saturday Night Inside Out is the best song on the album.
>>
yet another disappointment in the line
>>
>>66494947
Noisy Eater is easily one of the songs with the richest sampling in the entire album.
>>
File: wildflow.png (14 KB, 470x67) Image search: [Google]
wildflow.png
14 KB, 470x67
>>66492994
>>
I love Because I'm Me but it's the best song and it's first and Frankie Sinatra is so fucking bad that it kills the mood for the rest of the album

4-5/10
>>
The only song I don't like is Kaleidoscopic Lovers. It's boring and I don't see the point of the song. Really a shame because without that song I'd consider Wildflower as good as SILY
>>
>>66495795
lol frankie sinatra haha :)
>>
It's great. 9/10.
>>
The Noisey Eater is the new Frontier Psychiatrist.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.