[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to listening to it. I'm very surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 384x384
Finally got around to listening to it. I'm very surprised as to how fucking good it is
>>
frankie sinatra is electro swing
>>
>>66489106
i thought it was going to be a tacky beo vaporwave sample album but it's graceful, psychedelic and beautiful
>>
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>66489106
>tfw I hate fedorites with a passion
>tfw I'll be forever identified as a fedorite because I like Frankie Sinatra
>>
>>66489176
frankie sinatra is a good song if you consider it a Danny Brown song featuring MF DOOM instead of an Avalanches song featuring Danny + DOOM
>>
>>66489294
excellent point

As a whole this album is nice but idk something about it just doesn't seem quite right. Maybe it's because SILY has such a special place in my heart and was totally unique and different at the time I heard it and this is kind of similar. Idk. I want to love it...
>>
>>66489339
To me it seemed they were trying to imitate SILY instead of making something new and unique, an example of something new and unique would be SILY.
>>
>>66489294
It kinda kills the vibe of the album tho, it feels like it doesn't belong on the album.
>>
>>66489369
Not him, but I honestly don't feel that. If they did there'd be less rap verses, less interludes, and there'd be a Frontier Psychiatrist type track in there.
>>
>>66489402
Oh I totally agree, the only song I really enjoyed from Wildflower was Subway and a few others, when Frankie dropped my hype for the album died instantly.

>>66489442
I can see what you mean, I'll admit I only listened to Wildflower the day it dropped and the day after, haven't since. There definitely were some songs that felt like SILY imitations, but I think they were also trying to fit as many features as possible to get more people to buy the album because "omg Danny Brown/MF DOOM/Farther John Misty/Ariel Pink/whoever else is on the album!!!", Danny Brown on multiple songs kinda meant more rapping as well, and he was a big feature to have on the album
>>
Could Dexta have turned this album from a 6/10 to a 10/10 if he was still with the group?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmf1MF6GEo

My say, yes.
>>
>>66489513
I wonder what it would have been like if he'd stuck around. It's still great though.
>>
>>66489402
while it doesn't fit REAL well i think it kinda does

it's a fun song in a fun and silly album
>>
File: 1458701812663.png (172 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
1458701812663.png
172 KB, 256x384
wildflower is my AOTY if not just for the fact that they got biz markie, the musical genius behind "just a firend" to do "the noisy eater"
>>
>>66489647
I love the song. I kind of hate that it gets so much criticism.
>>
>>66489647
hi other me I hope your morning is going okay
>>
>>66489615
We'd have a lot more quirky shit like Frontier Psychiatrist, and a few more change ups Dexta style to really pep some of the songs up that felt flat towards the end.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (228 KB, 787x945) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
228 KB, 787x945
>>66489682
oh shit i just realized that i'm still named briget from last night

i seduced some anon on s4s (pic related) with that name after shitposting with it on a thread on /mu/
>>
>>66489701
kek
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.