[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there people who unironically believe that Kanye is a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: kanye.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kanye.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
Are there people who unironically believe that Kanye is a good musician?
>>
Niggers
>>
yes I personally think he is amazing
>>
>>66487803

Can you back up your opinion?
>>
I don't know if he's a good musician or not but I know that he makes good music.

Source: I like his music
>>
>>66487879

Its not really his though, he probably has like 30 top notch producers
>>
>>66487892

On his new albums yea theres lots of writing creds but he's still the most essential part.

Early albums though, are all him. He perfected the production style of soul sampling. He came into the industry because he produced, only then did he start rapping really.
>>
21 Grammys
>>
File: enhanced-32240-1399043538-3.jpg (121 KB, 625x858) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-32240-1399043538-3.jpg
121 KB, 625x858
Of course. He's a genius. Just listen to Yeezus.
>>
>>66488048

>Implying thats just not a marketing ploy.

Sorry, I dont trust any of these people, theres a very big chance that even his early stuff had a lot of collaboration from other producers.

Just like how Tom Clancy had like 50 ghost writers.

>>66488063

>Trusting in grammys

Dont pitbull and daddy yankee have like 10 of those?
>>
>>66488159
Well if you're just gonna refuse to accept my evidence it's not worth arguing.

Go listen to something else, skip out on Ye if you want.
>>
>>66487815
back up how? its just that, an opinion

its hard to argue objectivity if thats what you mean
>>
>>66488159
even if all that is true the end result is good music

that doesn't prove he is a good musician but why does that matter when we still get good albums
>>
>dum dum that wasn't alive when music changed in front of everyone's eyes
>>
>>66487778
he's a great producer

but I've never seen that motherfucker play as much as a chord on a guitar

Lyricist? sure

Rapper? why not

Musician? fuck no that nigga ain't
>>
>>66487778
Yes. I've met people who have described him as a "genius" and think he's this deep artist. Like how James Franco is to movies, Kanye is to hip-hop.
>>
There are also people who think Radiohead is a good band.

You point is, there are differing opinions here.
>>
>>66488284
>Beethoven stopped being a musician after he went deaf because he stopped playing instruments even though he kept on composing god tier music

Yeah theres something really fucking wrong with your definition of musician if it doesn't apply to Beethoven.
>>
there are people that believe anything other than harsh noise is enjoyable for one's ears

said people also deserve to be castrated
>>
>>66488284

How do we even know he writes his own stuff?

You know these guys can legally just write 1 or 2 lines and the rest is added by editors (or an editor can pretty much rewrite an entire song) and the "artist" is still credited, right?

>>66488419

Beethoven knew how to play instruments though, he was a godlike pianist.

Also, the comparison is pretty stupid if you ask me, you cant just compare a guy from centuries ago to a current "musician"
>>
Millenials dont get kanye
I was a senior when graduation came out and it changed the game for me
>>
>>66488284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1hDrNUvbqc

kanye playing the piano
>>
>>66487788
hee hee hee. funny funny!!! XD
>>
>>66488735
Senior in high school or college
>>
>>66487778
there's no such thing as a good musician
>>
>>66487815
give me proof that anything you enjoy is good lol
>>
>>66489285
*them being

I'm tired
>>
>>66488822
Good jobu, you are doing the shitty 'i am better than everyone else' and 'post-music' /mu/tant attitude well. Now enjoy the fake appreciation of other insecure hipsters.
>>
File: 1431852230309.png (781 KB, 1092x1185) Image search: [Google]
1431852230309.png
781 KB, 1092x1185
>>66488836
>give me proof that anything you enjoy is good lol
http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/classical-music-linked-to-high-intelligence-27959
>>
File: 1431852292139.png (929 KB, 964x1546) Image search: [Google]
1431852292139.png
929 KB, 964x1546
>>66488836
>>66490161
>>
File: kanye height.png (278 KB, 651x371) Image search: [Google]
kanye height.png
278 KB, 651x371
>>
>>66490161
>>66490176

The funny thing is that the way these two images attempt to make their point is quite stupid, over simplified, one dimensional, un-cited, highly fallacious ect. No intelligent person would look at these and consider them a great way to summarise their beliefs and make a credible argument verses another poster. So you've kind of shot yourself in the foot when it comes to the whole "classical music is for more intelligent people" argument here.
>>
>>66487778
Yeah me
>>
>>66490261
>falling for bait
>>
>>66490161
>>66490176
Theres no fucking way you think youre an actual euphoric intellectual for completely disregarding mainstream music and listening solely to classical.
Theres no fucking way anyone can be this stupid
>>
>>66487778
Kanye West makes some terrific, catchy pop beats (I'm assuming he does his own stuff). Really good ones. However, he markets himself as a rapper, which is something he's absolutely talentless at. This is the problem with his music
>>
>>66490748
It's scientifically proven that vocal music, particularly "Hip Hop", is negatively correlated with intelligence.
>>
File: BxQ9FmoIYAAXIqC.jpg (35 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BxQ9FmoIYAAXIqC.jpg
35 KB, 600x800
>>66490203
He's still fucking a model. What's your excuse?
>>
I think he's great as a producer and good as a musician but TLOP was a disaster. Ultralight Beam was the only memorable song on that album.
>>
>>66491650
Not him but I bet his excuse is not being a rich, powerful rap mogul. He's also probably no black so that cuts him off Kim's list already.
>>
>>66491658
>Father Stretch my hands pt 1 and 2
>Famous
>Real Friends
>No More Parties in L.A
>30 Hours
>Saint Pablo

Wot
>>
I dont like his music but a few of the songs he produced where others rap are ok. I dont grt why hes so hyped except for his antics
>>
>>66488159

why would a bunch of producers be jumping at the bit to produce an album of an artist that was only signed reluctantly to keep him on as a producer?

If he was ordained by the execs at the beginning to be a pop sensation, why did they have him toiling for years in obscurity?
>>
>>66487778
I unironically like his first album
>>
Alot of people think that his fist 3 albums are good. After that some people somehow think he fell off but they probably didn't even listen to MBDTF
>>
>>66487778
My main question is why do people think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is so good? Is it because they just haven't listened to much music outside of rap so a somewhat different and creative album blows their minds, considering there aren't many of them due to rap's relatively young age? You hear people act like it's this insanely brilliant work of a creative genius when all sorts of fags were doing that shit 30 years ago
>>
>>66488284
>A musician (or instrumentalist) is a person who plays a musical instrument or is musically talented.[1] Anyone who composes, conducts, or performs music may also be referred to as a musician

>>66487778
and I unironically think he's good so
>>
>>66487778
Yeah, I mean in the last 30 years like only Radiohead has potentially had more acclaim and influence in music.
>>
>>66488311
poor bait
>>
>>66490203
what is it, son?
Still googling successful rich celebs heights just to feel better with the failure you call life?
>>
>>66490161
>>66490261
>>66490748

This isnt even about making a case of whether or not its good, Its just correlating those who enjoy classical to higher intelligence

which has nothing to do with how "good" it is
>>
>>66492072
Pump the brakes there sonny jim, you better be baiting. In the last 30 years, you're gonna say Kanye has been the most/one of the most influential musicians? What about all the rappers who came before him? I mean just staying within rap, the people Kanye has influenced pale in comparison to people influenced by someone like (meme choice) Biggie. Then if you were to go outside of rap, I guess just off the top of my head as one of my favourite 90s bands I'd say Faith No More. Definitely nowhere near as popular as Kanye in the mainstream, but Angel Dust influenced LEGIONS of metal/rock/alt musicians. Then if you wanna go to a more mainstream band from the same era, Nirvana spawned a million garage bands with distorted guitars and pounding drums, a few of which became very famous.

Just cos you see Kanye's name in the headlines doesn't mean his influence is anywhere near the big hitters. The list of people who can say that Kanye specifically brought about a musical revolution within them is very short
>>
>>66487778
Not gonna spending too much time but
I'm Better Than Kanye West, heres why: http://eloquentmark.tumblr.com/post/147594834885/why-im-better-than-kanye-west
>>
>>66488221
Back up with examples of why you like him. Examples: his A1 sample game, hands on prodiction, diverse sound across all his albums, "Jerome's in the house", etc. If you can't provide them then you're a sheep, homie.
>>
Someone should stop this guy. Hes a grotesque spetacle right now.

Was not even 0,1% of the talent of the likes of people like Quincy Jones and Marvin Gaye or Prince or Brian Eno etc.

Just to compare Dean Blunt for example is atleast 10 times better tha Kanye West. Mr. West simply can't be original, he can't do anything alone. You could bother talking about his Grammys BUT all his Grammys are on the Hip Hop niche which are monopolised by the Def Jam, Aftermath and Cash Money Records, mainstream-wise.

Taylor Swift have 2 Grammy AOTY which is somewhat valuable... Overrating certain works of hip hop is near-dellusion and completly stannery if not only irony...

"His" magnum opus for example is a simply work with just a bit more of spund pallete compared with the work of his competition in the maonstream hip hop... Chief Keef, washedup Jay Z, Wutang dust... and Drake who purposely focus on pop rap ...

You could say but Lou Reed said... and? Kanye is a piece of shit compared with Robert Fripp.
And even Kendrick Lamar is a million times better lyrically.
>>
>>66488419
He started as a pianist and didn't consider making a living as a composer. Only when he started going deaf did he start composing seriously and made his first masterpiece (the 3rd symphony); his first two symphonies were just an imitation of Haydn's and Mozart's style. When he realised his career as a pianist virtuoso would suffer, he switched. And he still played piano until he went completely deaf.

So no, the person's comparison of Kanye doesn't apply to Beethoven, because Beethoven did play before.
>>
>>66487778

Yeah I meet them the all the time. I've been saying he's whack as fuck for probably 10 years now, Drake is slowly taking over the role of resident terrible rapper though.
>>
I be Puerto Rican day parade floatin
>>
>>66487778
So sick of this kimye-Taylor drama. Who cares if Taylor approved of the lyrics? Why aren't we more pissed off about Kanye's mysogynistic and demeaning lyrics in the first place?
"I made that bitch famous". You wish, Kanye, you wish. You don't need permission for stuff like that, you need a brain and a little respect for women. But that would come if you had any for yourself to begin with.
And I'm wondering how Kim is cool with her husband writing about another woman in that light. And she waited till National snake day to post all of it. Some real high school shit up in here. And still, the entire world is more concerned with whether Tay approved of the lyrics. Great going people, so proud.
>>
File: 1452904585810.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1305) Image search: [Google]
1452904585810.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1305
Kanye is overrated. Try this instead

https://youtu.be/TxZjp69BoBA
>>
>>66487778
>musician
In this case that's kinda a tricky word to use.

He's actually a pretty good "producer"
He's a terrible "rapper"
Does that make him a good or bad "musician"?
>>
[spoiler] Kanye is just o.k. He isn't bad but he's not that great either. [/spoiler]
>>
Kanye redefines the sound of hip hop every time he releases a new album

fact.
>>
>>66496700
yeah each time he sets the bar lower lol
>>
>>66487778
Off topic but did anyone else not find this episode funny at all? Even worse i hated how just after this you would have people who hated kanye but weren't smart enough to make their own insults spam this shitty joke whenever he was mentioned.
>>
>>66488761
>playing
>>
Hell no he's not a musician. He actively makes up for that by being one hell of a producer, though. Dude's got an undeniable gift for finding and utilizing others' talents to his whim. But no, he himself is not exceptionally skilled beyond that gift.
>>
>can't sing
>can't play an instrument
no, he is not a musician, just a lucky nigger worshiped by numale white millennials.
>>
>>66497380

It's not luck, he's just really fucking good at coasting off actually talented people. If anything, he's pretty damn smart.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.