[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Peter Sotos - Buyer's Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: buyersmarket.jpg (17 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
buyersmarket.jpg
17 KB, 280x280
Let's talk about this album.
>>
>>66486867
Wacky tunes!
>>
i mean, not cool on my book
>>
Anyone else masturbate to this?
>>
not as good as the high school musical soundtrack
>>
finger licking good abcdefg kind of stuff
>>
>>66486867
Really takes me back to my childhood
>>
steve "anything for a buck" albini
>>
Reddit loves it.

I guess they're patrician now?
>>
>>66486867
I listened to a bit of it one time. The part where the woman talks about how some guy mutilated her son by cutting off his genitals and shit actually sort of got to me. It made me pretty angry and I stopped listening.
>>
I mean surely this isn't music, right? Art, maybe, but definitely not music in my book. I'm not even talking about the subject matter, I'm just pissed off about the fact that it's essentially just audio interviews set to low volume ambience
>>
>>66487091
It's not music, but it's still interesting to listen to.
>>
>>66487118
haha got ya
>>
Pretty interesting, though I don't think I'll ever see myself listening to it.
>>
>>66487118
You shouldn't get so mad over something so insignificant.
>>
>>66486867
What was Sotos' intention with this album?
>>
>>66487118
lol
>>
Let's have a live listening party!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q92QibNpb0A
>>
>>66487173
Seeing violence of children in a more direct view.
>>
>>66487173
putting a mirror to the media
>>
>>66486867
I listened to all of it in once sitting once.
I honestly wouldn't recommend it, I usually enjoy the more "out there" stuff in music but for spoken word I didn't find it that engaging once you got over the shock factor of it all. There isn't too much to it past that.
>>
>>66487224
Seriously, we should do I live listening party of Buyer's Market in plug.dj.

Who'd be down?
>>
>>66487420
nice digits
id be down, who's gonna start the listening party though?
>>
>>66487418
I don't like to think about victims either. I prefer them to be forgotten and left alone.

It may seem cold, but it's not fair to the rest of us to expect us to be burdened with their suffering.
>>
>>66487091
You can't really put boundaries on definitions of art forms, even though many people will try to do so. If it's released as a work of music, it's music.
>>
>>66487502
It's not really that, but the way the album uses the content could have been better to get the message across. As soon as one interview ends the next begins almost immediately and doesn't give you any time to think or feel about what you just heard. A proper musical album with these elements would have been a lot better, something like his work with Whitehouse but more ambient with the interviews and recordings mixed in.
>>
>>66486948
yes
>>
It's a buyers market...
and were the product /mu/............
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 465x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 465x360
>mfw listening to this
>>
>>66487224
I'd like to listen to that with five tabs open with them all playing at different times.
>>
>>66487062
>Reddit loves it.
Lol, would have never guessed that.
>>
>>66488435
Reddit likes whatever they are told to like.
>>
It's interesting Albini's never talked about his experiences in producing this thing. I'm genuinely curious as to what his take is on this project and Peter Sotos in general.
>>
>>66488435
Check /r/music, it's near the top of the front page.

This may or may not have been 4chan's doing.
>>
File: 23523525.png (49 KB, 784x573) Image search: [Google]
23523525.png
49 KB, 784x573
>>66488476
Oh, nevermind. Found this while browsing through his message board.

http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2983&start=20
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x452
>>66488476
>>
>>66488527
>>66488594

wow holy shit i didnt know that albini was actually involved in some way with the project. i thought that was just a meme that /mu/ was trying to push.
>>
>>66487055
Sotos and Albini are good friends, this was just a favor
>>
Here's the thing about Peter Sotos. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 15 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch him play Bundy at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better Thank Your Lucky Stars that Peter Sotos didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Whitehouse had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Peter Sotos backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Whitehouse what it is. Yes, Peter wrote Bird Seed, Private, and Public, but William Bennett wrote Wriggle Like a Fucking Eel, Cut Hands Has The Solution, and A Cunt Like You, and Steve Albini wrote Birthdeath Experience. Other bands like Throbbing Gristle for instance were not like that. Throbbing Gristle was basically just the Sleazy backup band. Buyer's Market was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Peter Sotos was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of sexually abused children to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Merzbow, Stefan Burnett, and Grimes and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
The prospect of an album like this would only serve to nauseate me past reason, keep me up for a couple nights, and eventually give me nightmares. I can see some of the point in doing this on a strictly-conceptual level, but I don't think I'll ever give this record a listen given that it seems like you get its message just by reading descriptions of it and the reviews.
>>
>>66488977
this tbqh
>>
>>66487065
This was the exact part I stopped listening, I love watching shows about serial killers and murders and I've watched plenty where they have interviewed people whom were affected but something about this album just makes me feel ill.
>>
File: 1468249936681.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1468249936681.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
15 minutes in. This is fucked. I need a cigarette.
>>
>>66488928

>15 octave range
>15 octave

>holy shit this dude can apparently sing both higher and lower than the fucking human ear can even perceive
>>
>>66488928
is this a pasta?
>>
>>66488500
It was us, same with the Sakito M album. We also had pulse demon up there and it had about 60 comments before it was taken down.
>>
i listen to this like every year or so. i don't know why, but the compulsion to do so is sneaky
>>
>>66487420
Me, we should also have a Radiohead listening party
>>
>>66492191
no moon pool tho. fuck that shit.
>>
File: 1468780838636.png (78 KB, 321x185) Image search: [Google]
1468780838636.png
78 KB, 321x185
>>66488527
>http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2983&start=20

oh god thank you for reminding me about that

projectMalamute is such an insufferable demented autist

i've never read posts that enrage me more than the ones he made in that thread
>>
>>66492217
What about Pablo honey?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.