[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which ones better /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: asdpoi.jpg (122 KB, 903x407) Image search: [Google]
asdpoi.jpg
122 KB, 903x407
Which ones better /mu/?
>>
They're both shit.
>>
lonesome crowded west easily
it has better songs
>>
I think as a whole LCW is better but M&A has a better theme and some better individual tracks
>>
moon and antarctica easily
it has better songs
>>
>>66485419
it doesn't
>>
This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About
>>
long drive > lcw > m&a
>>
Lonesome crowded west has my vote, but they're both really good so I think it really just comes down to preference.
>>
>>66485488
lcw>long drive>m&a
>>
The first three modest mouse records are in a constant flux between being my favorite modest mouse releases. I just saw them live in Mass. and it was stellar when they played some M&A tracks, Tiny Cities was great. Personally I think they're slightly different emotional experiences, but great all the same. Actually listening to the copy of Lonesome I bought at the concert right now. :)
>>
LCW is multiple levels above M&A.

But Long Drive and Building Nothing Out of Something are better than both.

Long Drive = BNOOS > LCW > Sad Sappy Sucker > Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks > Good News > M&A > the rest of that shit
>>
File: 1454224054538.jpg (60 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1454224054538.jpg
60 KB, 511x428
>>66485467
>>66485149
/thread
>>
>>66485149
the lonesome crowded west - 9/10
the moon and antarctica - 7/10
>>
sad sappy sucker is the patrician choice
>>
>>66485439
it does
>>
I prefer M&A personally because I grew up listening to that album and never listened to LCW til I started going on /mu/, but that's just me
>>
>>66485168
(you)
>>
>>66485569
Listen to Sharpen Your Teeth. Isaac explores the experimentation of Everywhere and M8A a bit more on that.

>>66485419
Moon and Antarctica is an album of filler and I mean that in the best way possible. Half the songs on Lonesome Crowded West are standouts, but most of M&A is designed for album listening. I'd never care about A Different City or The Cold Part outside of the album but they do add a lot.

>>66485610
blatantly contrarian
>>
>>66485687
What Did He Mean By This?
>>
>>66485747
I never have actually listened to Sharpen Your Teeth despite being a huge Modest Mouse fan for so long. I'll check it out, because I really like Everywhere and I've never found a MM album that really comes close to it.

Also that's the best way to describe M&A, enjoyable but riddled with filler. Some of it is good filler, but many of the tracks are just lacking something that their earlier albums have with most songs.

Oh and that guy isn't wrong for awhile I thought Sad Sappy Sucker was the best MM album, it's extremely underrated, but I can see why lots of people wouldn't like it.
>>
Good News for People Who Love Bad News
>>
>>66485149
LCW because it's more angry and angst ridden. It's just kind of what Modest Mouse should be.
>>
Building Nothing Out of Something is the only choice
>>
>>66485149
shit
tough call
gna have to w/ lonesome crowded west because it's their best album
>>
>>66485168 (you)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.