[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums everyone says "arent for everyone" yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
ITT: albums everyone says "arent for everyone" yet nobody dislikes

is this just some accessible normie album disguised as inaccessible?
>>
>IIII LOOOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIST
no
>>
>>66481694
Get out of here you atheist scum.
>>
Jeff's lyrics can kinda be emo kid tier sometimes.
>>
File: Ween_TheMollusk.jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Ween_TheMollusk.jpg
103 KB, 600x600
>>66481672
There are people who don't like or don't get In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. A lot of it comes down to them thinking it's overrated.

The Mollusk is an album I haven't ever heard criticized beyond "it's spork core" or "It's not for me."
>>
>>66481694
dont get me wrong, some of itaots is pure shit. like objectively underage trying to be unique contrarian tier.

>untitled
>i love you jesus christ
>two headed boy
>>
>>66481719
>people who actually dislike itaots

far in the minority.
>>
>>66481713
Don't wear music like it's fashion and you'll feel better.

>>66481724
Two headed boy. I'm bailing from this thread.
>>
>>66481724
"That's contrarian"
YOU SHUT YOUR STUPID STINKY SMELLY SALMON HOLE!
>>
>>66481753
retard faux mature underage. this album is liked 90% of the time as a fashion accessory
>>
>>66481782
Stop using buzzwords and maybe you'll have a unique thought for once in your life.
>>
>>66481753
hey I love that album as much as anyone else, I just dont know how many kids/"young adults" ive met who would plaster ITAOTS (the song) lyrics all over the place who also dig Panic at the Disco and MCR. Hell Stephen Colbert quotes ITAOTS in an interview. Im just saying its pretty accessible to a lot of people... and sometimes teenagersquotinglyricsonfacebookcore
>>
>>66481834
>words are overused
>hurr durr now ill dismiss you for them even if youre using them correctly cause i got no argument
>>
>>66481719
ween are just mediocre, not worth expanding on
>>
File: ac-merriweather-cover.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
ac-merriweather-cover.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
>>
who says neutral milk hotel are inaccessible? they're one of my go-to bands for putting on when people ask me to put music on and I have to pick something that I know most people can enjoy.

Don't worry OP, something doesn't have to be obscure to be good, and NMH aren't really all that big out in the real world. Nobody's going to think you're any less cool for like a moderately popular album x
>>
>>66482183
>>66482183
>nmh arent that big

have you stepped outside? its the poster boy for so indeh culture. thankfully the pitchfork era is over but we'll still be knee deep in this for the next 3 years as pop culture consumes it, till the next time comes up
>>
>>66481672
This album is laughable at best. It's also old as fuck. Anyone who likes this is just holding on to nostalgia.
>>
File: troutmaskreplica.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
troutmaskreplica.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>
>>66482469
-___-"
>>
>>66481907
-___-"
>>
TMR is a hard record to listen to at points. I wouldn't say nobody dislikes it. It's not exactly accessible music.
>>
>>66481724
-___-"
>>
>>66481994
Well I hate it.
>>
>>66482483
I hate this one.
>>
>>66482761
It's not hard to listen to at all, especially if you like post-punk or blues music.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 470x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 470x554
>>66481724
You need to get that stick out of your ass
>>
>>66481672
I tried to like it but I can't. Oh Comely and the instrumentals are sweet though.
>>
>>66481869
You sound really insecure. Like, way more insecure than the people you're complaining about.
>>
>>66481672
nobody says this "isn't for everybody"
this album is where a ton of people point when people ask for indie music recs
>>
IMO ITAOTS has come to rest beside Dark Side of the Moon for albums to play in diverse, but knowledgeable company.
>>
File: Chain-Jump-cover.jpg (59 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Chain-Jump-cover.jpg
59 KB, 512x512
>>
>>66482761
I think the length is what puts people off more than the music to be honest with you my family member
>>
>>66485444
im not complaining about anyone, im just sayin itaots is incredibly accessible to any teenager going through a faux existential crisis. We could go into my insecurities anytime bb but music would not even register
>>
>>66481724
>Two Headed Boy
>bad
>>
>>66481719
>weenposting
>>
File: bottomless_pit.jpg (560 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
bottomless_pit.jpg
560 KB, 1280x1280
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel is pretty accessible compared to other /mu/core.
>>
>>66481719
I didn't like how kiddy The Mollusk sounded at first but now it's one of my favorite albums.
>>
>>66482234
Yeah, they're poster boys for indie culture, on websites like Pitchfork.

In the real world, where actual adults go to actual jobs and go home to their actual houses and listen to Coldplay with their husbands and wives and dogs and children, they're a small band that nobody has ever heard of.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.