[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so bad about Hot Topic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: fSWq.jpg (147 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
fSWq.jpg
147 KB, 1920x816
What's so bad about Hot Topic?
>>
It's an unwelcome reminder of a past when everyone here was even more cringe than they are now.
>>
It's a place where fashion and music collide and "underground" music is commercialized. I used to shop there though, and I bought a Between the Buried and Me CD there, which was unexpected. I also used to be all about the colored skinny jeans and talking to girls with cool hair who cut themselves though. I should start seeking out qt borderline scene girls and dressing like a faggot again because life has been much worse since I stopped doing that.
>>
I used to go there to get punk shirts until I was 14, then i either got them at the swap meet or online
>>
>>66477626
Lol you were a complete and total pleb. What is it about borderline personality disorder that turns plebs on so much?
>>
>>66477466
It gets associated with teeny, angsty, scene girls, pop punk, emo, metalcore and "lol so random" goth shit, which everyone should be above and have matured through after their adolescence has ended.
>>
>>66477466
idk it used to be the best place for me to find metal albums back in the day
>>
>>66478861
What if you got into it after adolescence ended?
>>
>>66477466
Capitalism kills art
>>
I don't see an issue with it. It's just a store that sells band t-shirts and pop culture toys now. They don't have any shirts for bands I like, but if you're into pop punk then knock yourself out.
>>
>>66477626

It used to be where I bought The Birthday Massacre albums. Honestly, I still like that band.
>>
i once went into a hot topic last year cause my 15 yo brother wanted to get 21 pilots shirts

the employees were all goth and socially awkward, and besides band tees they had fnaf and overused memes shirts

i never been to hot topic as a kid, but im willing to bet it wasnt that bad back then
>>
>>66479118
It was just Invader Zim and old memes like I CAN HAZ CHEEZBURGER when you were his age.
>>
>>66478929
This
>>
>>66477466
The bane of 2000s youth culture.
>>
>>66479118
It's still around? I thought my mall got rid of theirs.
>>
I went there when i was an edgy 13 / 14 year old. I am 25 now. i've walked through it a couple times recently just out of curiosity and got a mouse rat shirt lol. never wore it out in public. Now i'm too annoyed at the liberal propaganda horse shit that parks and rec is that i don't even wear it at home anymore
>>
>>66478929
You have my pity.
>>
>>66479325
You can take comfort in the fact that Chris Pratt is red-pilled.
>>
>>66479389
>Being indifferent to what dumb people say about you on social media means you're enlightened by alt-right standards
I fucking hate internet politics.
>>
Wal-Mart for the "Alternative Crowd"

>>66477626
>I should start seeking out qt borderline scene girls and dressing like a faggot again because life has been much worse since I stopped doing that.

They moved onto Indie and whatever is the modern-day equivalent of Death Cab For Cutie and Postal Service these days
>>
>>66480616
No, wait, sorry. They sell some nerdy and three-skull t-shirts at Wal-Mart too.

It's just the commercialized alternative culture shop in a mall. I'm sure the NES Mini will be sold there too when it comes out.
>>
>>66480651
Would should I go for my local non-commercial alternative culture?
>>
>>66481510
>Would should I go for my local non-commercial alternative culture?

Local band shows?
Ebay and etsy? Googling your band + t-shirt?
>>
>>66481510
>buying into alternative""""""""" culture

holy shit, your faggotry is pure shit bro./
>>
>>66477466
>>66477466
check their website to get an idea. in 2005 it embodied the awkward mashup that was the early 2000s, all aspects of pop and "underground" culture came together and it was just pure awfulness. i cant believe they are still in business considering how horribly hot topic aged.
>>
>>66482434

I just don't get it man. I want to unfuck my shit and be with my kind but I think I don't have a kind. I'm just too unique ya know?
>>
>>66481510
*Where
>>
will you be my benis?
>>
Their "Rude" brand black skinny jeans used to be pretty good. It was also one of the few physical stores in my area (at the time) that sold skinny jeans in a small enough size for me.

It seems like the brand has since changed factories and it isn't quite the bang for your buck that it used to be.
>>
Vau
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MTExNzU1Nzg4.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MTExNzU1Nzg4.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>66483015
>skinny jeans small enough to fit me

must suck being a low t manlet.
>>
>>66482273
Local band shows, show them support. Unless you live in bumfuck middle of nowhere I guarantee you have a decent local scene. I live in a big city and ours is relatively small but we're all tight as fuck, which makes it like a family.
>>
>>66483142
I guess, I am asian though. So I get a bit of a pass kek
>>
File: Sophia.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
Sophia.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
I think they've got some neat stuff you can't anywhere else in the mall. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>66479118
Hot Topic has always been pure shit. Back in the mid 00s it was nothing but band tees, Invader Zim and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
>>
>>66477466
Nothing I guess. I like pop punk, emo, etc and buy t-shirts of bands I like such as The Story So Far, Brand New, State Champs, etc. /mu/ probably won't like them because they aren't aimed at the pitchfork snob audience as much.
>>
>>66478995
that was a really good band lmao
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.