[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, new fag here and i would like to get introduced to some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: received_218999855109098.jpg (85 KB, 1080x1256) Image search: [Google]
received_218999855109098.jpg
85 KB, 1080x1256
Hi guys, new fag here and i would like to get introduced to some top-tier music to start enjoying music.

I sometimes listen to classical music and movie/video game soundtracks. But i also listen to 60/70's music (David Bowie, Queen, Rolling Stones, Lou Reed, Cream...) and some electro ... but thats pretty much it.

Help get into music anons, please.
>>
>>66475497
Listen to Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective and Kid A by Radiohead, come back when you're done and we can go from there!
>>
File: mucoretemplate.jpg (3 MB, 2060x3825) Image search: [Google]
mucoretemplate.jpg
3 MB, 2060x3825
Listen to all of them
>>
King Crimson: In the Court of the Crimson King
Velvet Underground and Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel (people meme it, but its actually good)
Slint: Spiderland

try these four. generally a good place to start.
if you need download links for them just ask
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lekLl7o8yrc
Listen to this and tell me your opinion.
>>
>>66475555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5BIpVN6I4
Try this too
>>
just skip ahead to black metal and harsh noise
>>
>>66475497
You seen decently versed in classic rock, do you want more of that kind of thing or something completely different?

Anyway listen to MBV- Loveless It'll blow your balls off
>>
>>66475555
Thanks but i would like links to singles if its going to be something experimental like this since i'm using a phone and mobile data connection.
>>
Oh, forgot to mention funk like kc the emotions,band and earth wind and fire, but i guess that belongs to the 60/70s category as well
>>
>>66475541
>metal
isnt /mu/ supposed to hate metal?
>>
>>66475677
this tb h
>>
>>66475993
mu isn't one person. there's a pretty good chunk of people here who like metal.
>>
>>66475541
Am i supposed to enjoy music in the form of albums to truly get the full experience?
>>
>>66476299
Yes, at least for the first few listens. If you just listen to what is fed to you as singles then how can you expect to establish your own taste

By all means skip the ones that you don't like but at least listen to the whole thing once
>>
The essentials

Nas - Illmatic
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works 85-92
Mogwai - Mogwai Young Team
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Boris - Feedbacker
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Portishead - Dummy
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance
Can - Tago Mago
Basic Channel - BCD
Gorguts - Obscura
Mayhem - De mysteriis dom sathanas
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.