[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, are they, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8
File: grips.png (514 KB, 868x548) Image search: [Google]
grips.png
514 KB, 868x548
Well, are they, /mu/?
>>
>>66474536
Shouldn't Mango be at Evo right now?
>>
also here's the video if u want to see it for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5IZilFQvUI

>>66474551
better replies than this please
>>
Thej are a bad band. their music is not good
>>
>>66474642
Nice meme
>>
I didn't know nick bate liked death grips
>>
>>66474734
lel
>>
i don't listen to music for historical significance, i listen to music to enjoy it
>>
/mu/ loved them until they went mainstream
>>
>>66474567
kek
>>
>>66474755
>/mu/ is one person
>>
File: seenfootage.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
seenfootage.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
They are, objectively.

>5 years
>7 top tier, envelope-pushing projects that will be remembered forever
>>
>>66474734
I thought it was Alexander Dugin
>>
>>66474782
>remembered forever
nothing will be remembered forever anon
>>
>>66474795
damn...
>>
>>66474795
*for as long as it's possible to remember**
>>
>>66474536
Death Grips is probably the most entry-level "underground" band of the 2010s. The fact that some shitty anime reviewer on YouTube is singing praises of them is proof.
>>
>>66474881
this, my normie friends can get into certain songs and only certain albums would really turn them off
>>
>>66474567
lol
>>
>>66474773
they always had haters but /mu/ generally liked them move before they were popular

if you were here since 2012 you would notice the trend
>>
>>66474898
>>66474881
so??
The Beatles are also very accessible ;^)
>>
>>66474942
>implying the Beatles are good
>>
>>66474898
easy to listen to ≠ bad
>>
>>66474881
And? They are still better than almost anything out there
>>
>>66474755
newfag detected, DG were always mainstream. TMS was played on TV even prior to NL.
>>
Bottomless Pit was boring except for the intro and Hot Head
>>
File: 1468444778042.jpg (27 KB, 480x439) Image search: [Google]
1468444778042.jpg
27 KB, 480x439
>>66474795
>>
>>66475012
they have obviously gained numerous more fans since then
>>
>>66475071
and the rest of the songs.

Bottomless Pit (the track) is my ringtone. It's perfect.
>>
>>66474942
>tfw the "born in the wrong generation" people in the future will be DG fans
>>
>>66474966
>implying they aren't
You aren't old enough to judge them as innovators, anon.
>>
>>66474536
>TalksToAntwanFantwanOnce.mkv
>>
>>66475071
giving bad people good ideas is the worst song on the album
>>
>>66475221
inb4 'i was born in 1953'
>>
>>66475292
>>
>>66475221
you realize i was memeing right?
>>
>>66474881
>>66474942
And the Pink Floyds too are a good example. Death Grips are the Pink Floyd of the 2010's
>>
File: trash.jpg (186 KB, 951x711) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
186 KB, 951x711
>>66475212
oh godamn it this is probably true, in 30 years you will see 14 year old girls wearing zach's cock on their shirts
>>
they're definitely one of the most important

best is anyone's guess though, it's all subjective
>>
>>66475374
why are they important though? I like them don't get me wrong, I just don't understand why everyone calls them important
>>
File: Shit taste.jpg (419 KB, 1485x1455) Image search: [Google]
Shit taste.jpg
419 KB, 1485x1455
>>66474536
Some of the dude's anime viewpoints on things are borderline objectively wrong, and he actually specializes in that field. Music wise he's far worse. Nigga thinks he browses /mu/ but really just knows /mu/core stuff.

Pic is his baby tier awful taste.

Link is his attempts at "experimental" and "weird" music.

http://trialofthegoldenwitch.bandcamp.com/

One would think someone this pathetic is trolling, but he's actually serious. He even takes certain /a/ shitposting at face value, too.
>>
File: LEL2.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
LEL2.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>66475439
>specializing in anime
>>
>>66475439

>Blood Mountain is one there
>Crack the Skye isn't

I'll never be able to take DigiBro seriously again
>>
>>66475439
>objectively wrong
stopped reading right there
>>
>>66475676
He'll often hate on something for qualities that it doesn't have. Like if he just said yeah I just don't like something, that's cool that's his opinion. But then going to the extent of saying you don't like something because of something that's not even part of that thing is ridiculous.

It's like saying I don't like The Beatles because there are blastbeats in their music. If you don't like Beatles that's okay. If you don't like blastbeats that's okay. But that idea that you don't like Beatles because they have blastbeats is retarded because they don't have any blast beats.
>>
Didn't this guy used to do mlp episode reviews and go by the name digibrony? Back when I was into the fandom I remembered a guy like that. Or are those two separate people?
>>
>>66475824
i really don't believe that any sane person could ever watch my little pony
>>
>>66475824
It...actually is! I only heard about this guy from the anime community, but shit how did I not notice? His URL is DigibronyMLP despite going as Digibro. Oh wow, did the guy get rejected from the MLP community or some shit?
>>
They're good workout music, that's it.
/mu/ will love them for the same reason the sheep at /fa/ love bape.
>>
>>66475898
>Oh wow, did the guy get rejected from the MLP community or some shit?
Basically yeah
man I miss when the fandom was full of drama and active, it was like the furry community back in the mid 2000s, but more public and grand with social media.
>ywn be on /mlp/ exposing same hyde as he desperately tries to damage control every again
feels fucking bad man
>>
>>66475334
In three years no one will care about death grips but hard core fans, and even most of them will have moved on.
Would not be surprise if Death Grips were industry plants.
>>
>>66474536
Major respect for putting "band" in quotes. Death Grips are so much more than their music.
>>
even my pleb facebook friends know about them now

pleb grips
>>
File: wew.png (60 KB, 365x336) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
60 KB, 365x336
>taking a /a/utist's opinions on music seriously
>>
>>66475439
Seeing the way this dude acts about certain things I wouldn't be surprised if he actually really likes ITAOTS but intentionally kept it off the list to try and look cool in front of 4chan

>>66475976
>ywn be on /mlp/
this helps stave off the noose another day
>>
>>66476341
most bands have an image

it makes them more interesting
>>
>>66475439
Any examples that he said?
>>66475976
He basically created the analysis community, he was the first. At some moment he got tired and overwhelmed by the fanbase and the show also went downhill, so he left.
>>
>>66476798
About the browsing on /mu/ thing? He's mentioned them in a couple of music relate videos I have skimmed through.

About taking /a/ shitposting seriously? It was in that one video about favorite anime charts or some shit where he got pissed for what is a trolling method that have been popular with /a/, /tv/, and even /mu/ charts forever.

The objectively wrong thing? The first one that comes to my head is that one fuck huge video he made discussing animes from last season, and he while he was shitting on Re: Zero for more valid reasons, he starts to get into "Re:Zero has the same exact shit as Sword Art Online" territory cuz both were fantasy world light novels. I don't like the guy much and don't watch his videos all the time, I'll occasionally watch a vid cuz they keep popping up since I saw his SAO stuff and then I'll remember why I am not actually subbed to this guy.
>>
>>66476943
>I'll occasionally watch a vid cuz they keep popping up since I saw his SAO stuff and then I'll remember why I am not actually subbed to this guy
Good god never subscribe to his vlog channel, he uploads a million videos a day that range from drunken ramblings about shows he doesn't like, a screaming tirade about how the new god of war is apparently 'the worst game ever even conceived' because it looks generic, and videos of him literally lying in his sofa watching some anime series all the way through. The dude is the sort of person who gets a fanbase and assumes they want to watch him do literally everything all the time, he's insane
>>
>>66475433
They represent this whole era of DIY and the internet. That before couldn´t be done and stuff. They´re quite innovative with the experimental abrassive beats mixed with hip hop in an overall insanity. Also there whole manipulation of social media, with their videos and stuff makes the whole mystique of the band quite interesting and creative. You can see all their influence being recognized by other established and respected popular artists like Kanye West, David Bowie etc and you can begin to see their influence in newer bands like Clppng(pretty similar) or Clarence Clarity(aplying to R&B or other genres). Digibro goes into much more detail in his video and also in his podcast with theneedledrop in a tangent that they go into. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioXQscpdNd4
Around 1:14:00
>>
>>66475330
might be true
>>
>>66474536
who cares
>>
notm is the best album of all time and if you disagree you are wrong
>>
>>66477160
The only valid stuff in this post is the social media manipulation, and even that's also done by many others these days.

Musically there's zero argument. They don't come close to other electronic experimentation from this decade.
>>
>>66476943
I was saying about examples of things he said that were objectively wrong. The whole SAO and Re:Zero thing was based on the first episode that he didn´t find it to be much interesting and pointed that it seemed similar to him. He defends basically saying that show hasn´t even finished and he won´t watch it until then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcn6C-IZy-E And the whole comparison isn´t objectively wrong because it´s a subjective opinion. He didn´t explicitly say they are both the same shit. It seemed like it would turn out to be similar in quality and it had characterics in common for him. I´m still waiting for you to say some facts that he said that were wrong in his main videos and not some whiny complaints because you don´t like his opinions. Using ad hominem because he´s an "anime guy".
>>
>>66475627
they're both great its just preference
>>
>>66477494
>I say things based off a certain video
>posts a totally different video I have no clue exists that he posted later where his reaction is far different from what he initially said

I guess Digibro has found this topic, people.

Comparison when trying to equate objective happenings of two different things is objective. Whether or not you like or dislike from there isn't objective. Git gud, you weebrony!
>>
>>66477063
I find that channel to be really entertaining and quite interesting, some the stuff I like the most on youtube. He goes into some really interesting thoughts and opinions. I agree that it it´s completely insane. But it´s not only about shows and anime. He goes into some really deep analysis and thoughts on art and philosophical topics. And has some really unique perspectives that I don´t find anywhere else on youtube. I really like his videos on music too. He´s MDTBF analysis is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1w0i5HnS0Q
And his The Life Of Pablo review is hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlbtp-rWP-Q
So there you kind of get to sides of how good that channel can get. The only stuff I don´t reallywatch is his really long watching until i like it videos. I just skip if there´s an awesome part in the video that he says somewhere else that´s great or it´s specified in the comments. I got give props on how he can go with no script on camera for such amounts of time, even drunk and be so interesing, consistent and entertaining.
>>
>>66477494
Oh and isn't he the guy who made a video about judging anime from the first episode or some shit?
>>
Why does /mu/ hate death grips because they're popular? They're no more popular than any other indie band
>>
>>66477063
>>66477160
>>66477494
>>66477762
jesus fucking christ.
no wonder digibro fans are retarded,they can't even press the fucking enter key after every couple sentences to make their damage control readable
>>
>>66475439
Damn, I really like Digi and I want to be his friend but his music taste is undeniably terrible, maybe we could bond over Sigh and KC though.

Been meaning to send him something nice in his PO box I've even been saving some multi coloured farfalle for him to go along with some other shit.
Maybe pasta sauce, idk
>>
>>66476490
hahahahah that fish looks like thom yorke
>>
>>66477881
nigga I was saying his vlog channel was garbage don't call me a fan.
>>
>>66477684
I didn´t post it because it´s too long, and I´m lazy to find the specific time point. Here´s the video you were talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuH10m7fkoI . The comparison it´s totally subjective. For example in the Death Grip video he compares them to The Beatles. You can try to say that´s objectively wrong they have nothing to do with each other, they´re two opposite types music. But you´re not getting the point it´s his observation on a particular type of characteristics (in this example the characters) that you could agree on or disagree. That´s your perspective and his perspective. But there´s no one being "objectively wrong".
>>
>>66477474
It´s the way of making hip hop, and the mix of elements they put. I hadn´t heard any other artist in the way they do. With the abrasive electronics, rapping and even mixed with acoustic drumming. With lyrics so insane that fit a part of today´s times so perfectly.
>>
>>66477976
But the dude totally misjudged Re: Zero based on making those assumptions, then makes a video about judging anime from episode 1, then pulls w/e video that you posted before. Not very good at what he apparently makes a living off of.

Also Digi, please press the Enter key to write correctly here. There's more than one way to do so if your main key's broken.
>>
>>66477881
People who don´t make things easier for me and write lot´s of words are retarded. I´m so much smarter than them because I press the enter key.
>>
>>66478038
Dalek does literally all of this (other than the drumming) plus better lyrics.

Oh and they did it 10+ years ago.
>>
>>66478038
>>66478138
>"Wow Dalek is so much better then DG they did the same exact fucking dumb shit that DG does, only they had the exact same dumb fucking idea first!!!!!!!"
>"So innovative!!!!"
I'm so fucking tired of this argument but its funny how the relevancy of fucking Dalek now depends on mallgots on /mu/ reminding people they did making shit music first.

Everyone give Dalek a like for making such terrible music before Death Grips did, well done guys you really did well.
U P V O T E
>>
>>66475439
Hello fellow avant teen
>>
>>66478080
He made a video called spring impressions stating their opinion based on the first episodes of spring shows, what did you expect?
He didn´t misjudged the show because he was only stating his opinion based on the first episode, which was the only content available.
If you have more problems on his Re: Zero opinions watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcn6C-IZy-E
I´m not him so I can´t help you much more than that.
You still haven´t shown evidence for him being objectively wrong.
He didn´t give or pretended to make any statements.
He was just saying his opinion based on the information he had(1st episode)
>>
>>66478394
>makes video series on how to judge based on episode one
>using same techs fucks up on Re: Zero

He said the show sucks by saying the cliches and tropes work exactly like the shows he compares it to. That's bad critiquing right there. Now stop wasting my time Digi I ain't watching any more of your videos and will never sub.
>>
Tbqhwy familia, I feel bad about this thread cuz we been shitting on this weebrony the whole time, and since he actually works hard on this content I feel bad that it's getting shit on since he probably has seen this thread.

Actually nvm I forget how awful his taste is in everything in life. Nah you deserve it, you weebrony.
>>
>>66478138
Man wtf? just because it has noise it doesn´t mean it´s the same shit.

I find death grips instrumentals to be much more electronic and utilizing much weirder sounds.

Dalek is much more sampled based with noise and effects layers added on top. Giving it a much more "hip hop" sound.

Death Grips seems from another world.

MC dälek isn´t even close to the level of insanity of Mc Ride. Mc Ride is straight screaming.

How does this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXgM9T4mFbQ

Similar to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E
>>
>>66474536
>Is Death Grips
>>
File: 1468167385429-b.jpg (50 KB, 556x561) Image search: [Google]
1468167385429-b.jpg
50 KB, 556x561
>>66474666

Satan himself has spoken
>>
>>66478513
Subscribe to any channel you want. I don´t give a fuck I ain´t Digi. It´s just annoying to see you misrepresenting the guy for stupid shit.

I´m just trying to make you stop judging and shiting on stuff without actually thinking. The irony is that you critize him for doing it but you´re actually the one doing it without any developed argument.

Except staments like: "he´s borderlin objectively wrong"(no actual example) "that´s bad critiquing"(How? no development just whiny it´s bad) "Nigga thinks he browses /mu/ but really just knows /mu/core stuff."(Since when is Ratking, Machester Orchestra and Silversun Pickups /mu core?) "Pic is his baby tier awful taste"(Why because it´s genuine? U can´t say this dude doesn´t dig music only because he has some popular albums there mixed with some "plebs" and and stuff never discussed here, only because you see the first two).
I guess Digi was right there are people who won´t understand even for how much you try to the explain them. I gave you all the tools, that video was the one is sent you before that "had nothing to do with the video you mentioned".
I´m not gonna try anymore
>>
>>66479463
>weebrony this mad
>>
>>66479491
It came out as that? I´m actually laughing right now.

It came to a point that I saw no more progress.
>>
>>66475439
the only thing that really peeves me about this is that he has Frances the Mute below Amputechture
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.