[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
swans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: swens.jpg (18 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
swens.jpg
18 KB, 500x334
see these guys posted here all the time. very intrigued. where should I start? chronologically? do they have any one album that is a good gateway into their style?
>>
>>66472317
probably soundtrack for the blind. Or The seer if ur interested in the comeback
>>
Try the White light one, it´s probably the most digestable one I´ve heard from them, try Blind, Love will save you and maybe Better than you.
>>
Chronologically from Filth, don't listen to people who say to start with To be Kind or Soundtracks, they aren't good starting off points.

Filth is kind of harsh no wave, but it's stays sort of accessible because it has 2 drummers and is almost "groovy" in a way (drum wise). Give it a few tries and if you like it, move on to Cop which is sludgier, only one drummer, and slightly more miserable. Just keep moving through the discog.

But Filth will give a foundation on the way a lot of Swans work is structured
>>
File: Swans.jpg (804 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
Swans.jpg
804 KB, 2437x1448
not the updated one, but good
>>
There's a great flowchart somewhere.

I'd start with The Great Annihilator, it's accessible but still more advanced than their "easy to listen to" albums, which honestly aren't that good.

If you can handle longer droning songs, take your pick of The Seer (more tribal) or To be Kind (more groovy/aggressive), then The Glowing Man once you've heard both.
>>
thanks guise downloading the discog now
>>
I'M SO GLAD
>>
The Burning World is their best album by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar
>>
please for the love of God start with filth do not under any circumstances listen to anyone who says otherwise
>>
Definitely start with either the comeback records or the Gothic sound before soundtracks
>>
>>66472317
TBK is the best place to start imo
or filth
>>
>actually suggesting filth
>>
Someone please give me a serious answer. Are their latest three albums fucking double albums? Have I been tagging them wrong this whole time?
>>
>>66473899
start with white light, then just so you know how they sounded pick filth, then soundtracks and then in order
>>
>>66473899
yes, they're double albums.
>>
>>66472317
Don't start anywhere. Swans is a band full of rapists, that's why their only female member left.

They're just Twenty One Pilots ripoffs anyway. It's all bedroomcore bullshit about depression.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.