[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hip hop general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: blank-face-lp.png (547 KB, 594x596) Image search: [Google]
blank-face-lp.png
547 KB, 594x596
This album is about 25 minutes too long wold be a solid 8.5 with some of the fat trimmed. Still way better than oxymoron
>>
>>66471810
hey anthony
>>
File: time to relax.png (18 KB, 236x287) Image search: [Google]
time to relax.png
18 KB, 236x287
What are your guys' thoughts on the shitshow that is Always Strive and Prosper?
>>
>>66471838
This
>>
>>66471838
>>66471896
i've never watched a fantano review and been a fan of q since habits & contradictions. this is a problem with a lot of rap albums, never understood why most can't just make an album under an hour
>>
>>66471895
is the new ferg any good? I liked the singles from trap lord but not so much the album as a whole.

Also I was impressed by At Long Last, big improvement over Long Live
>>
File: skull throw.gif (355 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
skull throw.gif
355 KB, 250x183
>>66471992
Well, for me, new ferg is not good. A lot of the tracks are bangers, which I generally have no problems with, but I was expecting so much more considering how great Trap Lord was with the great, deep lyrics on the album, but this album was really just mainly focused on beats. It was just a big flop overall for me, a lot of wasted potential. Psycho was good, but only track on the album with a glimmer to it. 5/10
>>
>>66472144
Christ do I sound autistic there. Basically, it's not good.
>>
>>66472144
Honestly i've never cared that much about lyrics so maybe I should check it out
>>
>>66471895
psycho and let it bang is the only good songs on that album
>>
>>66472144
Trap Lord has deep lyrics?
>>
any of yall niggas know of any new songs out there that sound good slowed?
for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3EpDUmMvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEKtaHcyhKE
>>
/hhg/ discord server when?
>>
>>66472695
search up chopped and screwed music and DJ Screw (RIP)

SlimK is doing very well to carry on the C+S culture
>>
>>66471992
>impressed by ALLA
>liked it over Long Live
since u have established ur bad taste i would highly recommend always strive for u
>>
>>66476128
>Goldie
>PMW
>Fuckin Problems
>Wild for the Night

all trash songs
>>
Blank Face was pretty good, but Imperial is probably my favorite album this year.
>>
>>66476518
>what are opinions
1Train is an amazing posse cut too
>>66478030
Imperial is good but it's getting almost no replay value from me.
>>
>>66471838
hes not wrong.
>>
I liked it, but THat Part was garbage. My least favorite song on it without a doubt. And ya, there's a good 20 minutes of straight up filler. It's a tough listen because a lot of the songs are a solid minute 30 longer than they need to be and should be
>>
>>66476128
ALLA is way better than LongLive, which has a retarded amount of filler for a comparatively short album.
>>
>>66479492
I disagree. What do you consider filler on longlive? I think LVL, Hell, Jodye, Phoenix, Suddenly,(some of the lesser known tracks) are all great tracks with an air of originality, which in my opinion nullifies the criticism of "filler".
>>
>>66479631
Yeah actually those tracks are my favorites as well. Filler imo would be PMW, Pain, Wild for the Night, Goldie, Fashion Killa, and (unpopular opinion) 1train. The deluxe edition tracks are all great tho.
>>
>>66479837
ahh ok I see where you're coming from. While Wild for the night is my least fav track, I can't call it filler because there's a definite ambition involved in working with skrillex on a hip hop track for better or worse haha. I couldn't agree more on fashion killa, another I didn't care for. I really like PMW but I suppose I can see why one wouldn't. I think it's just fantastic smoke-to music that is cognizant of Live.Love. which is my favorite mixtape of all time.
>>
>>66471895

very dissapointed I loved Trap Lord,

I thought I was gonna get some legit verses and bangers.

it felt like he was trying to duplicate that artsy cancer that Kendrick did on TPAB
>>
>>66476128

kek
>>
bump faggots
>>
Does he ever rap about anything other then selling drugs? At least Kendrick and Jay Rock have a little bit of variety in their lyrics, even if their flow isn't as good.
>>
>>66482171
just drugs and lewd sex acts
>>
Anyone got the download link for this album?
>>
>>66479837
>1train
No shit that's a bad opinion. One of the best tracks on the album. Every verse is great.
>>
>>66484033
what album
>>
>>66484195
Nvm, I got the download for blank face
>>
He tried too hard to be something he's not.

This is the definition of critic bait.
>>
>>66472144
>great lyrics
>HER ASS FAT, YOU COULD PARK 10 TAHOES ON IT
>>
I don't remember much from this album even though I listened through a couple of times. I liked John Mieur and Never change a lot
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.